Double Jaw Surgery - Toronto, ON

Dr.Caminiti in Toronto. Have seen videos and...

Dr.Caminiti in Toronto. Have seen videos and photos of his work- not too many but enough to have faith in this doctor. Safety and functionality is obvious number one priority but also looking for an aesthetic improvement. My face has become so lop sided-eye ever since I got my braces on, which is to be expected. Excited to see what the end results will be once asymmetry is adjusted.
Had this surgeon for other teeth extractions and a major oral surgery a few years back- went really well and he has wonderful bedside manner.

Day 1 nightmare over. Day 2 so much better

Day one I kept crying I'm pretty sure it was just the drugs I really have not felt any pain this whole time beside a view ear crackles and if I open my mouth too wide or laugh too hard. But really pain is not even there. Mostly just alot of pent up emotions. Coming out. And those things they put up your nose down your throat to drain blood is super uncomfortable could only sleep in like 30 minute intervals. Once they took that out I felt 100 times better especially as anesthesia wore off this morning. Already tell a visible difference if possible to say. Dr Caminiti and his associates are so awesome. Yesterday he was working with Surgery Resident Dr Mui. Who came to visit me today. Very cool crew. So thankful.Keeping me at ease. All is well moving forward.

Day 3

Can start to muster words slightly but still using help from phone or blackboard to optimize communication. I can actually feel how big my face is at least my lips. I think they are pretty dry. Been squirting my clear liquids into my mouth with a syringe. Mint Chrophyll Kombucha helps freshen bresh. Chicken Broth provides the protein. Those two are my favs and must recommends. Little multi vitamin packs. AM taking too. As well as this blue dot protein. It's hard to actually consume so much when you're feeding with a syringe but we're doing our best out here!!!
Woke up a few times last night but sleeps been getting much much better. Which is awesome!

Feel like an animal

Day 4 is supposed to be the worst day in regards to swelling. I feel like a lil beast. Mouth can barely open and still using syringes to feed. Extremely difficult to keep hydrated when effort to drink is so much. Doing our best tho.

Feeling fab

Day 6 and I'm feeling great. Waking up isn't easy but today was a lovely day once I got out of the wakey funk. Going outside for the first time was lovely I got to see my friends at the grocery store I work at and stroll down with the perfect fresh air. I can technically talk, but I do sound like a baby and its bit tiring doesn't always sound quite right but it's a huge difference from 2 days ago where I could do nothing what so ever. I can sip my own drinks now which is awesome. Still sticking to light beverages tho and stopped being as hungry compared to the other days. Things are looking up. As for the results I will not judge them until my teeth are aligned by my ortho and my swelling gone down past that 6 month mark. Looking forward to hopefully some aesthetically pleasing results in regards to jaw area. My eyebrows and upper face are already visibly more symmetrical.

Day 6 Side by Side View