Face,Neck and Eye Lift in Costa Rica, CR

Am waiting to see Dr. Arguello for final consult...

Am waiting to see Dr. Arguello for final consult before surgery tomorrow. Cost includes facelift necklift, upper & lower blephoplasty. If we agree on a short scar armlift procedure, that adds $3,000. Hospital costs will be $4000 approx. Misc tests and meds total approx $400. I will stay 7 days at CheTica Recovery Ranch starting today and then to a hotel with a friend joining me for the second week stay required post surgery.. Have stayed, at a little hotel near doc's office to get in sightseeing between appointments presurgery.

Face, Neck and Eyelift I. San Jose, CR

I had the described surgery on morning of Wednesday, Aug. 31. Was staying at a very reasonably priced, nice but not fancy hotel called El Maragato a 7 minute walk to Drs offices at Hospital Clinica Biblia and close to all the San Jose sights and street entertainment. The afternoon prior to surgery I had the appt with Dr. Arguello, having met with Dr. Arce his asst physician the day before. We decided against arm lift bc I did not want the long scar surgery due to the kind of improvements I sought. He felt I would not achieve the improvement with a short scar procedure and so we agreed not to try it. My arms are not big and while I have some hanging underneath, I was more hoping to tighten just the front lax and dimply skin. So it's longer sleeves from no own, I guess. The driver from CheTica picked us up ( my husband is here til Monday) and we got settled into our room, had dinner and met the amazing Frances who has been the most attentive and kind nurse ever since. The place is about 30 minute drive from downtown, and transportation to and from surgery and all dr apps is provided at no extra cost. This is important-the surgery was at a different location from the hospital where I met with Drs., but the driver took me to this location. While the name was on the admission paper, there was no address, and I assumed that the staff and doctors office had communicated where I was to go. The driver, Ruben, escorted us up, told the admission clerk I was there for surgery and left. That's when the guy looked at the paper and said this is not the correct location cation. I speak pretty good Spanish, which was a good thing, but here's what I failed to do that I want to make sure no one else goes through. I took no papers with addresses or phone numbers of CheTica with me because I didn't have local calls set up on my cellphone. Have the drivers phone # with you and don't let them leave until you know you are in the right place.. And double check the location of surgery with your doctor.and driver before you go! It worked out but I was panicking because I couldn't reach dr office that early to advise them of the mixup. Dr. Arce had set me up with a great app called WhatsApp that allows you to contact each other like texting without the cost of mobile phone out of country. I was able to reach him and the CheTica and get transported to the right clinic in time. Be sure to carry a copy of your passport if you don't want to risk having the original with you. So, after that, all has been uphill! Surgery went well, recovery relatively painless due to the pain patch Dr. Arguello uses. I will add more details soon about costs, things to be sure to know about or bring, but bc my eyes have been so inflamed and uncomfortable from the stitches, I have not felt up to writing til today. Per Doctors instructions, I have kept the eyes covered as much as possible with gauze soaked in chamomile teabags (bring several with you) and now ice to ease swelling and irritation. Bring a soft ice pack or old fashioned ice bag with you as well as natural tear drops like Systane. You will see from my photos that I bruise very easily due to thin skin and look worse than most people here at my stage of healing. But nurse says I am healing, with no signs of infection. I hope to get eyelid stitches out
The meals, fresh and healthy, are brought to the room unless you feel up to eating in the common dining area, the Buena Vista Social Club. I spent the night at the Clinic

Facelift Neck and Eyelift in San Jose, Costa Rica

More before pictures

Fa e, neck and eyeliner ft in Costa Rica

Today marks 10 days post op. I have had extensive and slow to heal bruising in areas not expected and my eyes were very irritated and one strated swelling more earlier this week. Dr. Arguello was frankly stunned at the extent of bruising, but said he found my skin extremely thin(fragile.) He put me on a course of prednisone and Lioton (heparin a) gel along with continuing arnica drops, Chamomile soaks and Calendula First aid cream. Ice packs and lymphatic drainage massages aid in reducing swelling also. If you use Dr. Arguello, do discuss their massage package with his asst. Dr. Arce before you sign up for 10 @$55 each! They are provided in a swanky Spa in upscale Escazu and a $30-35 cab ride each way. I could not possibly go 10 times in 13 days and felt the total cost with transp way too high. I used an excellent massagepe tgerapist trained for years in Univ in Spain who came to my room at the CheTica ranch and charged $35 each. I did go back 1 more time to their Spa after I moved into town for my last week and used Uber for a cost of $9 one way and if you can, navigate the public bus (ask at your hotel) for less than a $1.00. Finally, always ask street addresses AND the closest landmark if you are arranging your own transportation. Many places, like the hospital or the Spa did not addresses shown or could not be located on Google maps. In San Jose addresses are best found by having the street or avenue address and what streets or avenues it is between, like Avenida Central, Calles 1-3.

Face, Neck and Eyelift with Dr. Arguello on Aug 31

Arrived home Sept. 14 after final appt Sept 13 to get rest of stitches out and some hyaluronic filler in upper lip to smooth old vertical lines from smoking 45 years ago and frown lines between eyes. My eyes were very dry and red next day and have been since surgery on eyelids. My opthomolgist here tsaw me and explained this is a typical result of blephoplasty that improves with time and natural tear eye drops and gel. I had a black tie event last night and was disappointed that a couple of deep bruises on my cheek linger but I bought some heavy duty makeup I normally would not wear and hid the worst. Today improved except my eyes were very swollen and red, probably from the makeup, but despite that several people at church today commented on how great I with my new hairstyle looked! So, that speaks to how natural the results are.

37days post op FL, necklift, Blep and lip and frown fillers

Still healing behind one ear and a couple of small bruises remain on my face but progress each day. The bleph caused dry eyes but my optomotrist says all looks good and they are better. I still use natural eye drops several x a day.
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Arguello is an outstanding, skilled plastic surgeon who is also a serious physician, meaning your health and final results are equally important. He is candid about risks and benefits and will not do a procedure if he believes the risk or cost outweigh the satisfactory results. His credentials and expertise are top drawer for any country. I am completely thrilled with the results- not obvious that I had a fl but clearly and a much younger and refreshed appearance.