15 months after Breast Lift-glad I did it, but still painful scars and drooping a bit - Corona Del Mar, CA

I had older, under the muscle, implants from 1999...

I had older, under the muscle, implants from 1999 that were horrible! In 1999, I had a lift and implants because I was completely droopy after breast feeding and hated the way I looked. Unfortunately, the left implant always stayed high, giving me the 'double bubble' effect. They never looked good!
Finally, I got the money together to correct the problem. The first procedure was the implant removal in office with just numbing. This was tough due to the fact that my implants were placed very deep and high. It was somewhat painful but glad it was done! No more fake-looking boobs for me!! I healed well from that and almost could have stopped at that point. I wasn't as saggy as I feared!

Follow up today shows good healing, but area of fat necrosis

The scars are healing pretty well and it is so wonderful to have perky size C breasts again! The bruising is almost completely gone, too! I have one area on the top of my left breast where there is a hard and painful lump. The left breast was also a little higher looking. Dr. Agha said I have an area around a suture of fat necrosis that he pushed and messaged quite firmly. It was rather painful but seemed to help it get a bit softer. He advised me to do this daily to myself to break up the hard tissue so my body can get rid of it. I am hoping it works. Overall I feel so much lighter and thinner. The scale does not say I have lost any lbs. but my clothes fit so nicely! Tomorrow I will brave taking some photos and brave posting them.

One month post surgery photos

The scars look pretty good, but not totally happy with the bulges on the side under my arms, especially my left side. It almost looks like I have implants, but this is all my own breast tissue!

Six week follow-up and Before Pictures Finally!!

Went for my six week check up and things are looking good. Dr. Agha gave me copies of my before pics, both the before implant removal and the after removal but before the lift. Wow! I can't believe how different I look and feel! Even though I have not lost much in actual pounds, I feel 10 lbs lighter! For all you ladies getting giant implants, often the results down the road simply make you look heavier and dumpy! I wish I had never had implants! Let me know what you think of the difference!

Interesting side benefit....

After my initial lift and implants in 1999, I had a large area of my one breast that had completely lost sensation, was totally numb! It was very upsetting and sensation never came back! After the my recent surgery, the nerves seem to have grown back or the pinching that was cutting off sensation, was relieved and I have complete feeling back!!! Yay!!

Over a year since my surgery and still glad I did it....but right side dropping a little, still have pain

Some changes over the last few months have been a slight lowering or settling of both breasts, but the right a bit more. The right nipple is now about a half inch lower than the left. The scars are still very ugly, red and amazingly still very painful, especially the left side ind my arm. I can't even touch it and at night when I roll over, the searing pain jolts me out of sleep. I don't know if anyone else has pain this long after surgery, but I no long live near my PS, so I may have to wait until I get back for a visit to pop in and have him check. The side bulges never went away, so I need to wear swimsuits with wider sides to hide them, but still look way better than before. I wish I had never had the implants in the first place and simply had a lift all those years ago!!! Now I'm a 34C and so happy to be this natural size!!!
I will try to post photos when I have a chance...

15 Months post surgery Pics

Still feeling good about the surgery!!

My husband is thrilled with the natural results and my size! Very little pain now and I have gone back to using the silicone strips, which really seem to be helping with the scars. Happy to give anyone more specifics if they are facing the same issues!

Large painful keloids at the incisions

My original implant and breast lift surgery left me with small keloid scars under my breasts. This was noted by Dr. Agha at the time of original consult. Since commonly Keloids reoccur, I do feel that Dr. Agha should have taken measures, such as steroid injections at the incision sight, to prevent them. I now have LARGE, knobby and dark keloids that are bigger than my nipples (worse than the original keloids) that are very painful. At my 2 year anniversary of the lift, I showed Dr. Agha the keloids, hoping he would have a solution for me. He said he could do a revision, but the cost for further surgery was way out of my budget. From my personal research, it seems that keloid removal requires steroid injections not only at the time of surgery, but every 4 weeks. I am not sure if I can find a surgeon who can successfully and reasonably do this for me. This makes me sad, because although my breasts themselves look very good, the scars are painful and make me self conscious.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

The PROS: Dr. Agha is unique in his approach, as he has developed a lift called a dermal suspension breast lift that sutures the muscles so the weight is not on just the skin. This prevents future sagging and now my breasts look perky again! I have plenty of natural tissue and am a 36C. Dr. Agha has a video on YouTube showing his ground breaking method and that helped me decide to chose him. The CONS: My original implant and breast lift surgery left me with keloid scars under my breasts. This was noted by Dr. Agha at the time of original consult. Given that Keloids often recur, I do feel that Dr. Agha should have taken measures, such as steroid injections at the incision sight, to prevent them. I now have LARGE, knobby and dark keloids that are bigger than my nipples (worse than the original keloids) that are very painful. When I went back to Dr. Agha after 2 years and showed him the keloids, he did not really offer to try and fix the problem. A corrective surgery would have been far too costly for me with the price he quoted. Now I may have to see a different PS to try and fix this painful problem.