You Can Have It All - Sydney, AU

Hi, I am one of the many invisible faces of breast...

Hi, I am one of the many invisible faces of breast cancer survivors. I am 47 year old personal trainer and have been in remission for 10 years.
In 2005 I was diagnosed with left breast cancer for which I was treated with lumpectomy followed by a very heavy course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I was very satisfied with the outcomes but not 100% comfortable with my body. I was left with a slight deformity where the lump was removed which caused my bras not to fit properly and would pull to the left causing discomfort. I lived with this for 8 years but toyed with the idea of reconstructive surgery.
I considered my situation for many years and with a full understanding of the risks and possible consequences my breast cancer surgeon reluctantly agreed to the reconstructive surgery.
I was referred to a couple of plastic surgeons who I was not 100% comfortable with. About 6 months later, I met Dr Ellis Choy and his amazing team at Zilver Lining. Dr Choy is extremely charismatic, respectful and most importantly possesses a wealth of knowledgeable in this field. He didn’t make any promises but proposed a number of options available to me. (My dream was to go from an A cup to a C cup but knew it was just a dream)
Over the past 2 years, Dr Choy and his team have been working together in a series of operations to correct the deformity but to create symmetry which eluded us in the first operation.
Dr Choy did discuss with me, the process was like running a marathon and there were no quick fixes which stood me in a healthy mindset with my expectations.
The 1st operation was quite involved. It required the removal of my latissimus dorsi muscle to be removed and inserted into my left breast. A skin flap had also to be cut out of my back to accommodate the larger breast. I was nervous about this procedure and the impacts to my career as I am a personal trainer. All was successful and I was a picture of health within a week.
There was NO impact on any areas of my life. I thought the loss of my back muscle would be huge but I barely noticed the difference. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I don’t have a high body fat content, the muscle “melted” away leaving me with a saggy breast and extra skin due to the skin flap. I understood this to be a risk.
Dr Choy decided to put an implant into my right breast to create a bench mark to work against with the left breast. I insisted on moving forward. I also wanted an implant put into my left breast. There were even more risks with this and Dr Choy would not proceed until I understood all risks associated.
I was very impressed with Dr Choy and the Zilver Lining team. Every dealing was professional, accommodating and ensuring my dignity always with the view of my long term health from a breast cancer care perspective.
2 months ago, I completed my final surgery.
I am elated!!
I was originally a 10A bra cup size and was hoping for a 10B but secretly dreamed of a 10C.
I am now a 10C.
My body is absolutely beautiful. My experience was like a marathon as Dr Choy predicted but knowing my outcomes, I would have endured more. I consider myself truly blessed in many ways but especially meeting Dr Choy. He changed my life and he’s been an absolute magician with my body!

I highly recommend Dr Choy if you are considering any cosmetic surgery as I feel through my first experience, HE IS THE BEST!!

You can have it All - Sydney AU

More photos

My lat dorsi scar on the left just above the corset line

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr Choy spent a considerable amount of time understanding my situation and my specific needs. He was very thoroughly in explaining the journey from beginning to end. His team were friendly, accommodating and extremely supportive.