Lower Body Lift or Belt Lipectomy Recovery and Perspective. Concord, CA

Over the last year I have lost over 40 lbs, and as...

Over the last year I have lost over 40 lbs, and as a result my stomach looked terrible. So I decided a tummy tuck was a good idea. However, after talking with the Dr. I realized going all the way around would be the way to go for not much more discomfort and recovery time.

My surgery was on January 25th. My Dr does not use drains, and I added Exparel for pain. It went well, and my Dr. required me to stay overnight at the surgery center. The nurses that took care of me were great, I felt alright as well. Getting in the car in the morning was a bit uncomfortable. When I got home, I went upstairs and proceeded to get into bed. Ouch! Trying to sit on the bed then twist my legs onto the bed was not fun. My family decided maybe I would be better on the sofa downstairs. So down I went. I sat in the corner diagonally, Not comfortable. So I hopped on Craigslist and found a Lazy Boy recliner and had my hubby go get it right then. An hour later, I was back upstairs in our new recliner! Ahhhhh! What a relief that was.

I had help flipping the chair forward so I could go to the bathroom. I used a walker, which helped a lot with my independence.

I used my pain meds for two days after surgery. I had a small amount of help with operating the recliner for about 4 days. After I was able to tip myself back and flip the leg rest down in the chair, I was independent. I slept in the chair for 12 nights then moved to my bed. I am standing upright now, and was close enough at 2 weeks to go for a walk. Slow and steady I went for my first walk at 14 days of 1 mile, my second walk at 16 days at 2 miles and today 2.6 miles.

If I were to give advice I would say, the recliner is a must. Having a walker for the first week or so really helped me not need as much assistance. The swelling was much more than I expected. So much so I called the Dr. to see if it could cause my wound to burst open! They reassured me I was looking great. Phew! Cook meals ahead of time that are easy for others to heat up.

Overall, it was much less painful than i expected and the dependence on others was much shorter than I thought.

I'll be back later with some photos.
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon