47 Years Young, 2 C Sections, and Laparotomy, Want to Move to the Flat Side Again!

I've interviewed a few surgeons and knew Dr...

I've interviewed a few surgeons and knew Dr Lichten was the one I wanted to perform my surgery.

I'm waiting a couple months because I quit smoking in August. But I quit with the assistance if a vaporizer (e cig). I am currently at the lowest nicotine level (3 mg/ml) just stepped down to that level yesterday! Feeling headaches today. I hope to be on nicotine free juice in 6 weeks, that should give me 6-8 weeks of freedom from nicotine before surgery. Even the conservative surgeons are fine with this time frame.

Also, I need to earn some vacation time. I want a full two weeks off. I have a desk job and two weeks seems to be the norm.

I'm making a list of things to purchase. Did anybody use a FSA for supply purchases? I know you can't pay for the surgery with it, but I was curious about the aftercare products?

I'll post pics closer to my surgery date, I think I'll call about the supplies this week. It's open enrollment time for next year.

Nicotine Free

I've used up all my e-juice that contains nicotine. So I'm finally nicotine free. My surgery is 9 weeks away. Last night on the local news channel they did a story about medical tourism. It kind of scared me a little. But this woman was wrapped in garbage bags of ice and nobody wore gloves. Oh my goodness. People love to tell me horror stories. Ummm Can I surround myself with positive people please. LOL

So I thought I would lose 10 lbs before surgery. I'm at 170. oh boy, quiting smoking and the holidays, what was I thinking. I'm drinking water non stop and decided that if I lose it, I lose it. Just don't gain any :)

I have been researching compression garments. I like wearing spanx and contouring garments. Have worn them for years. I have tried the ones that wrap around your mid section and I have never liked wearing those. I am assuming the compression garment you wear post surgery is similar to those. I was hoping I could find a compression garment that you wear similar to a swimsuit or one without the breast, but still has shoulder straps. Maybe they are too difficult to get in/out. Anyway, my next research project :) Update soon, 9 weeks and counting

Pre op appointment

I had my pre op appointment. I received 3 prescriptions. One for pain, antibiotics. & stool softener. It's getting so close. I am super excited, nervous, scared. I just can't wait to be on the flat side again. My mother is going to stay with me the first week. She will take care of me and my two boys, age 10 & 2. She is such a gem. Can you say best mom ever!! I asked about drains and binder. He uses both. Usually 2 Drains and I'll wake up with the binder on. He will use exparel but that means he can't use lidocaine in the tumescent fluid with lipo of the flanks.

Couple of questions for you dolls, I scheduled my post op appointment. It's 2 weeks after surgery, but I've been reading that people are usually seeing their surgeon the next day?

Also, I was prescribed Percocet 5 mg, but I've been reading that others are given muscle relaxers? Pain pills knock me out, maybe I should request muscle relaxers instead?