Journey to the Flat Side - Columbus, GA

I am new to this site and I must say I am a little...

I am new to this site and I must say I am a little obsessed. I am glad that there is a site such as this for people like me to obtain helpful tips and support of others going through the same issues. I am 34 years old with two children ages 15 and 12 and a wonderful husband who is very supportive.

I started my weight loss journey a year ago and I did my very best but did not get good results. I decided to look into having weight loss surgery to help me and in May of this year I had the Gastric Sleeve. My starting weight was 300 pounds and to date I am 228 pounds, that is a 72 pound weight loss in 6 months! I have about another 78 pounds to lose to be at goal weight. I am very happy about the weight loss but not about the changes my body is going through.

Weight loss Journey

My body has changed a lot. I now have an overhanging stomach and sagging breast along with a no shape and drooping bottom. I am in need of some type of cosmetic surgery. I have been thinking and researching this for some time now and I have decided to have a tummy tuck. I do not know about the Brazilian butt lift but I will be having a consultation with someone to find out my options and what is best for me.

I have not updated in awhile. I have been on the site daily getting information for when it is time for me to join the flat side. I have become increasingly interested in the bbl and have added this to my surgery list. Since I last updated I have lost 15 more pounds which makes me 213 lbs. My goal is to be around 160-170 before surgery (the more the better) which I plan on having during the summer. Until then I will continue to visit the website for more information. Thanks to all of you who have been through and who going through for all of your thoughts and ideas.

34 Years Old, Two Kids and a Much Needed Tummy Tuck

Ecxited! I had a second consultation with Dr. Pagadala and he gave me great news. I am now ready to have my tummy tuck. Although I am not at my goal weight which is 180 lbs (currently 205), the Dr. stated that my tummy now is more skin with very little fat underlying. Hoooray, but you could have fooled me, LOL!!! I am not prepared at all and will be spending the next week trying to get prepared. I have dreamed of this day ever since I had my weight loss surgery 9 months ago.

Here are some photos of how my skin looks. I don't look too bad in clothes for me to be still 64 lbs. overweight.

One more Photo

I had my pre-op appointment today. I must say that it went very well. During the appt. I expressed my view of my body and how I was now interested in the fat transfer to the butt. Mrs. Donna stated that Dr. P does these very often and she felt that I should speak with him about this, being that I am already scheduled to have a full tummy tuck with lipo on the 17th of this month we don't want to waste valuable fat!! So I will be returning on the 10th for another pre-op visit to see if we are going to include the bbl now or later, I prefer now. Well at the end of the visit I was given my pain meds , nausea meds, celebrex, keflex, and an order to have my blood drawn. Now during the entire visit I was fine until she gave me the order. I know that at times I become anemic and this have me worried. I had blood work back in November of 2013 and my hemoglobin was an 11.5. I am nervous that this may not be high enough for my procedures. Please tell me anyone who knows, is this number safe or should it be much much higher? I have read how the ladies who are going to the DR are required to have levels of at least 12 or better and my level is lower than this which have me concerned. All in All I am healthy else wise. I have purchased and received everything I need except for my compression garment which should be delivered Saturday. Now it is the waiting game.

I had my pre-op with Dr. P today. I explained my desires with him about my tummy tuck and butt lift. I wanted to go ahead with the plan to have the tummy tuck and add the fat transfer to butt. Dr. P was all for it and even stated that I have began to show an hour glass shape (whaaattt!, thank you gold's sweat band). Dr P. asked me if I thought I could handle the recovery, me of course I state yes, not knowing how I am going to take to this surgery. He suggests that maybe I should have the tummy tuck now an later have the butt lift where he feels he could get even more fat especially from my thighs and plus the recovery will be less stressful doing the tuck and lift separately and you know what I agree. I will be having my tummy tuck on Feb 17th, 2014 and maybe in about six weeks or more I will come back for the butt lift. I am excited and more than ready. I am comfortable with my doctor and his staff, they have been so great with answering all my questions and concerns and I am confident that I will have the results that I am looking for.

Flat Side

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I have made it over to the flat side. Everything went well. I am in no pain at all. I went in @ 7:45 a.m and made it home safely @ about 1:30 - 2:00. Dr Pagadala and his team were absolutely wonderful, they took really good care of me. I am upset that I am on my back as I did have both tummy tuck and bbl. I am sitting in my recliner with boppy, wedge and neck pillow. I have drained twice and sip on water every few minutes. I have been able to eat just a teaspoon of soup and few chicken crackers with some fresh pineapple. My mom and husband have been wonderful in taking care of me. I am on top of my meds even though I am in no pain, taking them every 3-4 hours. Well I am falling asleep again. I will update again later. Thanks for all your support.

post op photos

Sorry I have not updated in a while. I promise I will update soon. I have a lot going on right now. I am doing very well and each day is new healing. I am 2 months post op.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Best doctor I have been to. Very caring and professional. I would definitely use him again if needed and I recommend him and his staff. Great team!