A Gift to Me for Me.....Tummy tuck - Columbus, GA

It has been many years contemplating on this...

It has been many years contemplating on this surgery.. I am finally making the decision to do this. I am traveling from New York to Columbus GA to get my surgery done with Dr. Pagadala or Dr. Cochran. I want to travel light and staying with my sister who lives 1 1/2 hours away. Any suggestions of items that are a must...Also, I know Dr. Pagadala do excellent work but now I see more Dr. Cochran beauties on RealSelf. Any advice will be welcomed...

Dream come true but I missed my flight.

Well here is an update. I am from NY and I flew into Atlanta. My flight left me at 6:05am. I was able to make the next flight at 9:55am. Taking that flight, i was not making my pre op appointment that was scheduled for 11:00am Dr. Pagadala last appointment for the day. I called the office and Ms. Terry helped me out the dr would come back to see me at 3pm.

I arrived at the office at 2:50pm. Filled out my forms then was taken back once the dr arrived. He asked the necessary questions checked me out. I was with him for about 10 mins. Then I went to Donna who went over the process again answered some questions that i forgot to ask the dr. Signed my documents gave me my nauseus pills my prescriptions signed my cc receipts and off I wwent with my Green folder.

Feeling nervous and excited. This is it. Drove to my sister who is 1hr 15 min away.

pictures

For some reason my pics did not upload.

surgery day yay!!!!

My surgery was March 8th at 8:15am. Went in used the bathroom. Nurse Pam weighed me and took pictures. Dr came in marked me up and did my vitals. My nurse Pam came in shaved me....i know tmi....she took me to the operating table they took my pressure and put the in my neck. Asked me a how many kids i have n the next time i became conscious was in the middle of the surgery. I had a blue paper towel over my face so i was unable to see anything but I
heard them talking and i felt him scraping and sucking my fat on the left side. I closed my eyes the next thing i remember i was freezing. I could not talk so i moaned to get there attention i could not see. Told them i was cold hoping to get a warm blanket. They told me to calm down i remember them asking me to roll over to put on binder. They put me in the car n i was out on the ride home. I came in used the bathroom n recliner took meds n was out.

Pain level about a 2 while in the recliner. When standing about a 5. Appetite is ok just small portions. Today is day 2 so now im walking around. Compteplating on stopping pain meds. Aunt flo came today. Wish she would've not visited.
The dr n nurse said i would look worse before i look good and not to get discouraged. I have not seen myself but i know when i sit there is no belly in the lap.

Happy healing to all and good luck!

2nd day post op

Day 2 post op so far so good. Need make that bm. Pain level is minimal so im going to stop the pain meds and take Tylenol. I took a shower today. Not bad. After we took all the wrapping off and i used the lanyard to keep my drains up. The shower took about an hour bc we had to reapply bandages n binder. Took pics in between but somehow my sister did not click on the camera bc i only see 2 the back n side. When i sit too long i bevome stiff. Walking around helps. Appetite is good. Just need the bm.

7 days post

Well its been 7 days since I had my surgery. I felt so much better after making my bm 4 days later. Swelling is definitely here. Trying to straighten up....back gets really tired. My drain is leaking. Called the office dr. Cochran was on duty this weekend. He said it was ok. Looking forward to tomorrow for my follow up. I will have updated pics then.

drains out

Hi RS it has been 2weeks since I came to the flatside. Finally took my drains out. What a relief. Now I have a tingling piercing pain all over that comes n goes. I had major blisters that are now healing and is itchy. Standing 90% upright but I am moving slow....ready to get back to normal. I am swollen but i love my results. I am going on a girls getaway April 16 to DR so Im hoping my scars from blisters heal and fade away. Any suggestions? I was told only to put cocoa butter on the incision until 6 weeks.

before

Before pic did not upload.

Open stich tummy tuck please help!

Hi RS I know we all heal different but has anyone had open stitches? I had them since week 2. Its getting larger instead of smaller. I have contacted my PS and have followed his instructions. I am now 3.5 Weeks post and still stiff and unable to move around like I want not to mention swelling.

I'm going to DR for a vacation and I will not be able to get in any water with open wounds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

He was definitely straight to the point. Ans all questions and was accomodating when I missed my flight. The staff is great and very helpful. Because I live in NY only 1 follow up so I call the office with any and all concerns.