Finally Did It After Two Years of Research and Waiting!

I initially received my quote earlier this year...

I initially received my quote earlier this year but wasn't sure when I would have it done. I considered going to DR but was too scared and couldn't leave my kids for that long. I am now 32 years old with 3 children. My initial weight was 178. I scheduled my surgery at the end of July for 9/28/2016. I spoke with Gail and Vickie and both were nice. I live out of town so I also had to prepare to be in town for a few days.I love Dr. Cochran! Of course I didn't meet him until the day before my surgery at my consult but he was very patient with me and answered all of my questions. He gave both me and my mom hugs when he came in the room and when he left. He wears cowboy boots!! I love it! He held my hand while speaking to me and it made me feel at ease. I love that he's not a fancy smancy doctor. My start time was pushed back an hour and that was okay with me...I knew I would need extra time once I finally fell asleep. Post op was a quick appointment but honestly I didn't want to be there any longer than I had to. I wanted to get back to my recliner! So far it's been smooth sailing.

Oozing...

One of my biggest struggles immediately after surgery was the oozing feeling. It felt like every time I stood up like I was oozing blood/fluid from several places and like it ran over another open wound. For the first day I thought I had several holes in my abdomen. When I removed my binder for the first time I couldn't believe it. It's happening on the inside. So just in case you get that feeling...just know you're not alone!

I just showered and remembered I took a picture in this shirt....look at the difference!

I am so happy with the progress. This is a huge change!!

5 Weeks Post Op

Hi! So I'm making a lot of progress. I do feel I will end up with a dog ear but I am still very happy with my results. Sorry I'm all oily...I've been trying to get my BB to heal and all the crusty stuff off. I feel I have a big BB compared to everyone else but I like it. I am still very sore in my lower back whenever I sleep. My scar is healing nicely except at the very end/beginning. I love the way my clothes fit. I still have a lot of swelling in my hips and kangaroo pouch.

Compression Garment/Faja

Just wanted to post the CG I use. I wish I would have gotten the one with thick straps because my boobs are big.

8 weeks out...

I keep telling myself to workout...but I don't! I had to practice with my daughter on her dance routine and I was giving her a run for it!! I guess she noticed too. After a few full out run throughs...she said "I'm so happy you're healed!" I got on the scale and I'm 10lbs down from my pre-surgery weight. I am pleased with how my scar is healing as well. I've developed dry skin around my BB but it doesn't hurt or itch, but I will see what Dr. C thinks. My arms look so big!! Ugh! I should have gotten them done too. Y'all don't pay me no mind. I'm getting a breast lift next year though and lipo touch ups. I kinda want a BBL but I'm happy with how I look now.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Glad I chose Dr. Cochran!