42 Yr. Mother of 2 (19, 4) Getting a New Look - Pensacola, FL

I looked into a tummy tuck years back. I went in...

I looked into a tummy tuck years back. I went in for a consultation and was told I didn't need a tummy tuck but could benefit from lipo. I never did it, instead I got a breast reduction. I was very pleased with my results. I always worked out and lost some weight after my breast reduction. I was never completely flat but I was satisfied and feeling good. I must have been feeling to good cause to my surprise my old eggs wanted to work and I found out I was pregnant!! My little man is a blessing. He will turn 4 in July and things haven't returned to how it use to be. I decided to go back in for a consultation on lipo, but this time I was told in order to get the results I wanted it would need a tummy tuck, lipo to my flanks and back. I wasn't expecting that. My quote was $13000. That's a car!! My body is a vessel but my pockets say moped!! I was not going to be discouraged. I begin watching YouTube videos and started following a woman who had a tummy tuck. Her results were amazing. I read that she found a local doctor in her area....Dr. Cochran. He is in Columbus, GA but I am in Florida. I immediately called my big sister who is located in Columbus. I plan on staying with her during my recovery. I called and made an appointment with Dr. Cochran. I was told that I can receive an estimate via email since I'm out of town, but I'm the type of person that likes to meet you in person. I want him to already have personal knowledge of me and my body. My consultation is scheduled for July 25th, two days before my birthday. I'm so excited. I have stalked this website for weeks and will continue to do so!! I have learned so much from reading about everybody's journey. You all look wonderful. Prayers for everybody that has had the procedure done and those on their way!!

Scheduled another consultation

Well I figured since I will be in Columbus it doesn't hurt to get more options so I also have a consultation with Dr. Naman. A woman needs options!!

Consultation done!

So I went and had my consultation with both Dr. Naman and Dr. Cochran. I really liked them both. I went to Dr. Naman first. I brought my 19 year old daughter with me because I know she's scared, she just doesn't want to admit it. While we were in Dr. Naman's office, the nurse came in to take my pictures. When she left I looked over at my daughter and she was crying!! She kept telling me that this was just stupid. I really felt like I was being selfish. I had the "mother" talk with her and explained that I would never do anything that would take me from her and her brother and that I just wanted to do something for me. I really wanted her there so she could hear for herself what the procedure is about and could ask questions and feel comfortable. I'm glad to say she did feel better afterwards. Dr. Naman quoted me $6445. Next up was Dr. Cochran. He was right to the point. He felt my skin and all of my fat rolls. He asked about my weight and if I was at or near my goal. I informed him I wanted to try to lose 10-15 more pounds, but he said either way he could give me great results. I really like him. I didn't feel rushed, but it was quick. I talked with Gail afterwards and she gave me my quote of $5300. Now I feel like I just need to pray about this, but I am leaning towards Dr. Cochran. I am more impressed by his work and scar placement.

Date set!

I paid my deposit and set my date for Feb. 28 at 730. I had to go far out due to work. My preoperative appointment is Feb. 13. I will be traveling to Columbus for this appointment only because my surgery is more than 6 months from my quote date. I don't mind because I would rather do everything in person. I have already booked my hotel at Candlewood Suites. It cost me $79 a night and I plan on staying a week. I'm familiar with Columbus because my sister lives there so I know the area. Although I could stay with her, I think it's better that I stay in a hotel just for piece of mind. My mom will be traveling with me. She's just as excited as me. I'm hoping to lose 10-15 pounds before surgery so that I can have great results. Dr. Cochran said that I would really love my results if I did lose a few more pounds. My current weight is 183 and I'm 5'3. Currently wear size 12.

Changing PS

Out of stalking this website and reading so many reviews I happen to come across one about a doctor in my local area. I went to a few consultations at home but they wanted $10000 or more so I went to Dr. Cochran because of his many reviews and price. After reading about Dr. Shaddix, I decided to at least go check him out, it was free, and i was hoping the price would be under 7000. At the appointment, he sat down and took the time to talk to me about what I wanted and what he could do. He didn't rush me at all. He is board certified. He even took the time to send a personal email thanking me for coming in and if I needed anything or had any questions he is always available! I looked at his work and was impressed. His incision was low like Dr. Cochran. He even said that if I wore my bikini bottom on the day of surgery he can make sure it is covered. Now for the price... $6900. I was paying 5300 for Dr. Cochran. After paying hotel and food for myself and caretaker I would probably wind up spending the same amount. I really don't want to be away for 2 weeks from my baby and would rather be able to call and see my Dr if I have issues. I decided to go with Dr. Shaddix. Unfortunately I will lose my deposit, but glad I didn't pay anything else. I wish they would let me transfer it to my sister since she is considering going to him for a tummy tuck. Oh well, I feel confident about my decision.
Pensacola Physician