Full Body Lipo and BBL by Dr. Cochran in Columbus,Ga

Hello my real self family. When I say family, I...

Hello my real self family. When I say family, I really mean it because I feel a connection to every review of your journies that I have read and there have been hundreds! Thank you to each woman that has provided so much crucial information along with photos for me to help make an educated decision on choosing my doctor and knowing what to expect during recovery.

I am 37, 5'3", about 165 lbs, and no kids. I live a little north of Atlanta. I got married this past October, but I have gained about 25 pounds since meeting my husband in October of 2014, so a little over a year. I think it is the reason he does not have a "sex drive" now. We have only had sex twice since we have been married, which he did not seem into, and he never tells me I am pretty or sexy anymore. That being said, I am doing this surgery for me, not him. I have wanted lipo as far back as high school.

I have always been the bigger girl in my group of friends ever since I was a little girl. I could never trade clothes like all my other friends that were naturally skinny. I will never forget my dad telling me to suck my belly in when I was about 7, and I have ever since. My weight has fluctuated so much from a low of 120 (on phen phen back when it was legal in 1996) to 190 (when I was with an abusive ex). I really try to eat well and exercise, but then I have days where I can literally eat probably at least 8,000 calories. I know it is a self destructive behavior, and I need break the cycle prior to surgery on order to get and keep the results. I know I am not a skinny girl and am not meant to be since I do have big bones and muscles, but I really want to get rid of the fat that I know I will not be able to even if I exercised and starved myself.

So that is a little or a lot about me. After all the research/cheating I have done due to all the amazing reviews I have read on this website, I chose Dr. Cochran in Columbus, Ga to do my surgery. I am getting lipo of tummy, back, flanks, arms, inner and outer thighs, under my chin and a fat transfer to my butt for 5400 total. I sent my photos and questions in for an estimate since I did not want to take a day off work (I am over two hours away), and received a call back about a week later. I was concerned because the quote did not have tummy tuck, so I was told Dr. C would call me to discuss it the next day. After talking to him, I am going to trust him that I can get a similar result with lipo on my tummy only. I put my deposit ($250) and scheduled my surgery today for March 23, 2016. I will do my preop appointment the day prior. I will need to have cbc, pregnancy test, week's worth of blood pressure recordings, and remaining balance paid off two weeks prior to surgery.

I will document my journey as thouroughly as possible to provide anyone needing it the good, bad and ugly my surgery and surgeon. I pray it will be 99% good, and not bad or especially ugly. Thanks for reading this and if anyone has any input/information to add that can help me or others, please do not hesitate to comment. Xoxo

Never been so excited for mail!

I got my pre-op info in the mail with my surgery date confirmation. I am so excited! I really want to try my hardest to lose at least 10-15 pounds before surgery, so I really need to get in the gym more and eat better. I want the best possible outcome I can get. I hope you all are having a great new years so far!

Wish Pictures

I know I posted two wish pictures initially when starting my review that show a front view (hourglass shape) and back view (a beautiful full perky butt) that I wish I could achieve with my surgery. The work "wish" is the main word here. I know that I will not look like this after my surgery. These girls I have photos of are the elite few who either by genetics or multiple surgeries have "wish" bodies. I only included them because I think the female body is beautiful and should be appreciated when it is at its best. I really only "wish" for a successful surgery, recovery and love for the body God has given me that I am only trying to improve a little. I do not want to attempt multiple surgeries to achieve these looks, as even that could be impossible. I have faith that Dr. C can help me get rid of some of this fat suit I have been living in for what seems like my entire life. Have a great day ladies!!

More before photos and such

Hello ladies! It is a Friday night and where do I find myself once again...on this website. What is a girl to do? How many reviews can a girl read? Is it ever enough? I really do love the support we give each other. It is a reassurance that we sometimes cannot find from those closest to us.

I am posting a few more before (aka ugly) photos. I do want to also brush through some of my thought process that led me to Dr. C. So, I first came across JaquE who reviewed a doctor from Costa Rica. I was really loving this man, and if/when I get facial surgery, he is the man I would go to, but for the immediate need of lipo, I moved on. Next I was loving Dr. Leon of the Dominican republic, but ultimately I was just too hesitant to go out of the country for this type of surgery even though I think those doctors do give the best results. Then I looked into the Miami doctors, mainly Dr. Fisher, but I just do not want to be that far away just in case something happened. Knowing I wanted a local doctor, it came down to Dr. Curves (Jimmerson), Dr. Song and Dr. Cochran, with Dr. C being the furthest away for me. I ruled out Dr. Curves because I really think he is all about that money really. I have read reviews that some women do not even get pre op time with him. They see him day of surgery and then if issues come up, it is hard to get a call back. No thank you. Dr. Song seems to do amazing work and seems to really be top notch, but I do not think he would do the amount of lipo I want in one surgery. My only worry is that Dr. Cochran will not suck out as much as I want. I have heard he is not aggresive or women do not think he even did lipo on areas they paid for. That is not going to fly for me! I want what I pay for.

Anyways, I am going to stay the night before surgery down in Columbus since I am over two hours away, and I am the first surgery of the day. I booked the hotel today with a no cancellation policy in order to know I am not backing out. I keep reading that lipo is the devil, and I do not want to meet him! I have also asked my boss of for 12 working days off. He did not ask what it is for, so that made me happy. I would not lie if he did, but I would prefer to not be judged. I wear a lab coat all day, so I am not really worried about people noticing.

In addition, I have decided with the bbl that I am not going to stress about sitting on my butt. I see a lot of the DR ladies getting bbl an tt at the same time and not having an issue. I do have sleeping issues, so I know I would never be able to sleep on my stomach. My main concern is wearing a compression garment for 6 weeks. I really do not know if I will be able to. I have been trying to lose some weight too, but it is not working. I hate the scale. Today I had gained, so I was depressed and she badly. I do not know why I sabotage myself like that. I know I need to lose 10 more pounds to get near the results I want, so wish me luck. I have a little over 2 months now. XOXO

Will I really be able to give up my yoga pants for jeans or dresses after surgery??

Hi ladies!! I just wanted to check in. I hope you all are having a great start to the week. I was just thinking about not having to wear yoga pants every day after I have surgery. They are my go to because I am so uncomfortable in pants or jeans since I have gained weight. Yes, even the stretchy ones, haha!! I mean I do not even do yoga, so why are they called that?? I used to wear jeans every day when I was smaller. I had like 50 pairs that are now in containers in the garage. I wonder if they will ever be allowed back in my dresser drawers again...please baby Jesus, let this surgery work!!

I have been good with my diet for almost a week straight now. I am averaging about 1500 calories a day and burning about 700 calories a day. I am the birthday girl here in my department (meaning I buy the cake, pass the card around for everyone to sign and decorate their desks with banner and balloons, which if you know me, does not sound like something I would ever start doing, but I cannot stop now, right??), and we are celebrating February birthdays tomorrow, so there will be yummy cake that I have cannot eat. The bad thing about it is we all stand around awkwardly eating cake in our hallway as a group, so if I do not eat it, everyone will be asking me "Why?". I wish I could skip the whole thing entirely so I do not have to explain that I am on a diet. Half of my group are girls in their 20's that cannot gain weight if they tried and believe me they try because they can eat!

I digressed, haha! So, I have made an appointment with Dr. C for Monday, Feb. 15th because my company decided to give us Presidents' Day off this year (not sure why). I am taking my husband to Callaway Gardens for that weekend since it is Valentine's Day as a surprise since he has never been, so I called to see if I can get a consult with Dr. C on the Monday we come back since Columbus is pretty close to there. I really just want him to physically touch my skin to see if I would benefit more from a tummy tuck and then get a revised quote. I did not want to worry about waiting until the day before surgery and then needing to make sure he has enough time to work the TT in to the surgery time and pay more money then. I want to have everything squared away before then. I will let you all know what he says after my appointment.

Just a little side note. I recently (over two weeks ago) had Belotero injected under my eyes to fill in the dark circles that I hate. Well, the doctor caused that area to be bruised for over a week and it looked like I had been punched in the eyes. I was literally waiting to be pulled into my boss or HR office to be asked if I was being abused by my husband. The doctor said the swelling could take two weeks to go down. I feel like I look worse now then before! I have never had a filler placed there before and it was not cheap, so I am really upset. I get botox regularly and Juvederm for my lips too, so I really thought this would work and look great. Now I am considering adding it in to my surgery with Dr. C and just be done with it because I do not want to try it again. Let me know what you ladies think please...

Have a great rest of the work week and happy healing to all the ladies in recovery mode! XOXO

I got to meet Dr. Cochran for my consult!! He is so cute with his cowboy boots!!

So I had my appointment with Dr. C on Monday, Feb. 15th to go over everything I am wanting to have done. I was really wanting him to touch my stomach to make sure lipo would be good enough. He did and he tested my muscles for separation. I did not have any separation because I have not had any children. He said the tummy tuck would give same result as the lipo. I am trusting him on that! I mean he could make a lot more money to give me a tummy tuck, so I would think he is being very honest about it. I cannot imagine that he would not want me to walk out not happy with the result. He also went over the other areas I want lipo on. He does not think I need bra roll done, but we are keeping all others and adding my knees on the inside part too. I also asked if he could fix the bags under my eyes, but he said they were not bad enough to warrant surgery on and he would do a chemical peel there for free!! He had a chemical peel done to his whole back and it looked awful. Poor guy! I hope he is recovered from that by the time my surgery comes around because it will probably be itchy soon. Right now it just looked raw. He was so nice though and did answer all my questions. I know he is a busy man for sure!!

Since I was there, I went ahead and went across the street to get the CBC and pregnancy test done for $40 total. I just called the office to get my hemoglobin results out of curiosity, but the only person in the office that receives them will not be back until tomorrow, so I will call then. I asked him about if I should stop taking my birth control pill, and he did say that I should stop because of risk in blood clots. I read a lot about that and there are differing opinions on it, but I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to not have any complications. If you read my initial post, then you know I am not really getting any on a regular basis anyways unfortunately. My quote stayed the same price, and I will pay off two weeks before surgery (cash). I did ask what type of liposuction was used and he does do the gold standard using the tumescent fluid, which makes me happy. Also, he does treat the fat he collects from the lipo used for the fat transfer to butt. I have read on a review that he used to not treat it. Also, since I did go in Monday, I do not need to see him the day before surgery, which is great because I thought I would have to take a half day off of work for that. I am planning on taking two weeks off, so any extra time I can save is great. Now I am just still trying to lose some extra weight before surgery. I am working out almost every day, even though I did indulge over Valentine's day weekend and ate poorly and did not work out at all. I started the fresh n fit cuisine that is 1200 calories/day on Tuesday. It is expensive, but I need the easiness of it being all prepared and they use all fresh ingredients, so it is healthy. I do not cook, so at least this way I am not eating processed foods high in sodium or fast food, which is even worse. I am hoping to extend this meal plan until I can start working out after surgery, which I am hoping will be 6-8 weeks or sooner hopefully! Almost one month to go for me, so it really is starting to feel real. Talk soon! XOXO

Change of Date, Supplies and other info

Hi! So, I was so prepared to have this surgery as seen in my "recovery room setup" pictures attached, but I did call and reschedule for December 14th. I have been stressed out with asking for vacation days off that I have not accrued yet, so I changed it to the end of the year so I can take as many days as I need (plus I get 3 extra days for the holiday too). I have literally ordered anything and everything you can think of that I might need to recovery. I have spent way too much money on this stuff! I had my prescriptions filled, my blood pressure readings recorded for the one week required before surgery, but I could not get this 15 pounds off before the scheduled date, so in order to have best results possible I felt the change of date would be more beneficial for that too.

I have also been so nervous about this surgery. I knew Dr. C prices were a lot lower than other doctors, and I did not really question this until a few weeks ago when I got the paperwork I need to sign off on. His prices are lower because there is no anesthesiologist present during surgery. This makes me so nervous! I know it is not a general sedation, but even with IV sedation and being flipped around from stomach to back just makes me feel like how can my airway be monitored thoroughly without an anesthesiologist. I was reassured by Donna that they have not had to call 911 or take anyone to the hospital in all the years they have been doing surgery there, but I was still having these nightmares about it. The anesthesiologist is just as important as the plastic surgeon I think. I guess I just need so extra time to process and really decide if saving a few thousand dollars is worth it or not too. What do you guys think about this? Am I just being crazy??

Decided to have weight loss surgery (will start a new review)

So I have decided the only way to have the fat I need removed is by weight loss surgery because I cannot seem to get my diet under control and do not have confidence in myself to have liposuction with the ability to maintain the results if I cannot get my eating right first. I am actually very excited, but incredibly nervous too. I have gained about 10 pounds since first starting this review when I was about 165ish. I have a BMI of 31 when I went to the doctor this week. I had my physical and got my results yesterday and I am perfectly healthy. I guess it is because I exercise so much because the way I eat, I would not be surprised if I had high cholesterol or even was pre-diabetic. Since my BMI is on the lower end, I will be going to Mexico for the gastric sleeve single incision surgery. I will be starting a new review on that, so if you want to follow me, I plan on providing lots of information and details on it. I will keep this review open because I may still do this for the stubborn fat that might remain after the surgery, which I will need a year to recover from. Have a great day and happy healing to all you dolls! XOXO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I chose him based on all the positive reviews on this website. I will update ranking after my surgery.