30 Year Old - Voluma to Restore Volume - Columbia, SC

I had CO2 laser procedures to reduce acne scarring...

I had CO2 laser procedures to reduce acne scarring and I swear the fat also got zapped from my face (though drs will fervently deny that's possible). I decided to try Voluma (and juvederm under my eyes) to restore the volume I lost immediately after my laser treatments.

I brought before pictures of me from my mid/later 20s from before my volume loss. The nurse was pushy and told me she saw exactly where the voluma needed to go, so being the stupidly passive person I am, I told her that was fine. After she injected one cheek, I had a slight panic attack. She put voluma on my upper cheekbones where I have NEVER had volume. She continued to talk me into what she had done and went ahead and did the other cheek and my under eyes. I now have gigantic cheekbones (which she told me is the "most attractive faceshape" for women) and puffy bags under my eyes.

I went in a couple months later to discuss having them removed and she pretty much told me it looks amazing and to just wait for it to dissolve on its own. I look like a bizarre form of myself and dislike the injections more and more each day. I am planning on having them dissolved and asking for a refund. Doubt I'll get a refund but I'm at least going to ask.

Otherwise, the product is awesome! It definitely adds great volume! I was swollen for a couple weeks but didn't look too scary. The injections were crazy painful but would have been worth it had she placed it in the correct locations...

Ughhh!

Well, I called the dr's office to have the filler dissolved. The nurse said she can't/won't do it because I waited too long then made up some other bizarre reasons she wouldn't do it. I called the juvederm number and reported it. The guy I spoke with said he can't tell me if what she said was wrong (as he laughed loudly at her given reasons) but that I should probably find a Dr who knows that they're doing. Lesson learned, I suppose! Hopefully it's not expensive having this mistake dissolved!!!!

7 month update!

I ended up not getting the voluma dissolved. I found an awesome plastic surgeon who put filler in the correct places! I look like I did prelaser.... But without as much scarring! I am making a new review on my most recent experience. :) I am happy happy happy!!
Healing waters - Amy (nurse)

Not the greatest listener and wouldn't look at my before pictures...