28 Yr Old, 1 Child, 5'2", 170lbs - Lower Ab Coolsculpting - Colorado, CO

I had my very first coolsculpting session today....

I had my very first coolsculpting session today. It wasnt nearly as bad as i was expecting after reading some of the reviews on here. I feels like what it is. Your fat is sucked into a vacuum and chilled. I felt light pressure the whole hour but it was tolerable. The massage after was uncomfortable but again tolerable. Will post "before" pictures shortly and update my experience as the time passes. :)

(Sorta) Before pictures

These are pics taken when I got home after coolsculpting.

Day 2: Bruises!

I knew I would be one of those patients who bruises. Someone can poke me with their finger and I'll have a bruise for a week! So, no surprise. The treated area is very swollen and tender when touched.

My regular workout routine is a no go today. Instead, I opted for a jog on the treadmill for 30 mins. My core is too tender for weights today. I am wearing a compression waist trainer which helps with the tenderness when I move around and bend over.

Overall, the tenderness is there, workout is definitely reduced, but pain is tolerable. (I promise. Even though my bruises look gnarly, I dont feel all that bad.)

Though tender and swolle

Day 5: Better

I'm on day 5 and my bruises are almost gone. Tenderness is still there but has decreased. The only time I am uncomfortable is when i set too long and the crease of my jeans dig right into my treated area. Thank goodness for standing desks at work. Lol! The swelling has gone away almost entirely and I look the same as before. Eating a healthy diet and working out 30 mins a day 6 days a week. Will increase to an hour for 5 days a week once the tenderness completely subsides. I am still numb and have begun to feel the deep itch that eveyone has been talking about. It's tolerable but annoying. I did not use any pain relievers or topical creams to get through the tenderness. I just toughed it out and here I am. I will likely not post another update until I start seeing results. Perhaps a 3 week update as some have reported noticing a difference at that time. We shall see. Until next time...

Day 5 pics

The pics on left are day of coolsculpting. Pics on right were taken 5 minutes ago. Vast improvement in bruising and swelling gone.

Two weeks out

Well, with diet and exercise I am definitely beginning to see some changes. Though they are small, it is encouraging. I have been focusing hard on core workouts because I have this fear that once the fat in my lower abs starts to melt away, I will be left with saggy skin. Yikes! Anyway, I have no more pain or discomfort. Still a little numb, but hopefully the freezing is working it's magic and I'll start seeing the full effects and results in the coming weeks. This pic posted is my day 5 pic (left) compared to today (right). My mirror is so dirty today! Lol don't judge.

Pic update

Slow but see results.

Results!!

Yep, it works. :) My 2 month check in is in 2 weeks. They say that 2 months is when you typically see the peak of the results. Keeping up with diet and exercise to facilitate visceral belly fat. Feeling great!

Before and today side by side

Comparing pic from today to day 1.

Round 2 in 10 days!

Happy new year everyone! As I ring in the new year, I've decided to go in for round 2 on abdominal coolsculpting. This time I will have the lower ab area treated (2nd time) as well as my mid-section just above my belly button (1st round). As usual, I will be commiting to diet and exercise to facilitate fat loss through the process. This time around, my starting weight is 160 lbs. (Would have been 155 but the holiday season got the better of me. Lol I love Pecan pie. What can I say?) I will post updated pics of my current stomach and post updates starting on the 10th! Cheers to 2017!

Round 2 today!

Just got home from 4 hours of abdominal coolsculpting. The official weigh in at the center was 151 lbs, but my scale at home reads 154.6 so I'm going with the latter since it's the scale I use weekly. I had my lower and midsection done in 4 sections for one hour each. Same as last time. Very cold, no pain or discomfort during any of the sessions. The one thing that was different for me this time was the massage afterward in my lower abs. The lowers were my first two cycles. When the nurse was massaging the area after the cycle on lower left, I got light-headed and dizzy followed by a nauseous feeling. The nurse said it was because of the bloodflow back to the treated aread. After about 3 minutes I was fine. The next cycle on lower right ab, I got lightheaded but went away very quickly. The mid section cycles were completely normal. I posted my before pics here. I got a new phone and these pics are closer to the camera than last time. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. Lol! Anyway, I will update in a few days to report recovery process. Like last time, I'm sure I'll be a bruising hot mess! Time will thing handle. Have a lovely day, everyone!

Round 2: Third day update

I don't have any pics or big updates to report but wanted to quickly share recovery. Day 3. Still very very swollen. I have worn a waist trainer 24 hrs a day which helps with the soreness. I only take it off to shower. NO bruising which is awesome, but I already feel the deel itchy feeling, and the tingle feeling feels more like needle pricks. I compare or to when your leg falls asleep and the tingling feeling is painful (tolerable but pokey). I hope that makes sense. Lol I'm not in agony, it's just annoying. On a pain scale I'd say I am at a 3. Scale weigh in today was 154.2.

Ugh! Pins and needles!!! Day 4.

No 2 procedures are alike, I suppose. These nerve endings misfiring all across my stomach are about on my last nerve! (Yes, I'm punny). Like I said yesterday, the actual pain itself is about at a 3, but when the misfires are constantly (and they have been ALL day, the frequency makes the pain feel closer to a 5/6. I find that walking and stretching really help. Hot shower was awesome. I also find that rubbing (not massaging or putting any pressure) my stomach really fast back and forth temporarily alleviate the pain. NONE of this happened to me last time so I am definitely caught off guard. Hoping it doesn't last too much longer. Still wearing compression garment all day and night. Tender to the touch still. Still very swollen. Boooo!

Round 2 pic update

Today is February 4th. It's has been almost one month since my 2nd round of coolsculpting. My scale read 154.8 this morning so I am the same weight as I was when I went in for treatment. The top pics are my pics before January treatment. The bottom pic was taken today. I feel like I look the same with a slightly different contour. At this point I wouldn't say I'm seeing results, but also know I still have another month or so to go before the full effect sets in. What do you guys think?

2ND round 1.5 month update pics!!

I think the results speak for themselves.
I like posting side by sides of earlier updates because I think it really just helps to see progress. Up close, my fat is now super jiggly now. Does anyone know if this is a part of the fat breakdown? I've never had fat jiggle like this before. Its like a waterbed on my belly Lol! Thought?