Tricky Revision Rhinoplasty - Now Feel Iike 'Myself' Again - City Of London, GB

I had my original surgery (at different London...

I had my original surgery (at different London clinic) in 2013. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say the surgery was 'botched' (because there was no functional damage i.e. to breathing) the cosmetic result was very poor. I felt changes were made that I had stressed prior to surgery, i didn't want to be made. Grafting (which i had been told would be avoided) was also bulky, wonky and unattractive. Despite the original surgeon claiming there were no problems, surgeons I saw after for second opinions could see them quite clearly....and general medical professionals I saw for non related issues (I had problems with my sight and required reconstructive surgery for unrelated facial issues...my original nasal surgery was supposed to be a 'treat' to myself after a battle to get better ) commented on the poor result.
After this experience I was nervous about revision - Mr Ion was the only surgeon in the UK I trusted to do the surgery...even so, due to previous poor experience I wanted to minimise risks to such an extent that I was unwilling to entertain the use of rib graft (which was required ideally) and also requested that Mr Ion preform the surgery 'closed'. I'm aware that most revisions are performed through open surgery, so circumstances were not ideal. I have no idea how Mr Ion produced the wonderful result I've ended up with through closed surgery...however do feel it says something about his level of skill.
The whole experience from first consultation to post-op (including incidental things, such as the way the cast was neatly applied, level of pain and improvement in breathing) has been amazing compared to my other surgery...staff were accommodating and friendly..always helpful despite the fact I know its a very busy clinic. For the first time in over 2 years I feel more like myself again..for a patient that has undergone facial changes due to accident or illness..I feel it's understandable that this is so important. I'm not proud of the fact that something so 'minor' as a change in appearance (particularly of a mere nose!) would cause depression or distress however it was the case for me and I know I'm not unique in this. I'm so thankful that such a talented surgeon exists in the UK ( I was unwilling to travel abroad) and my only regret is not opting for Mr Ion for my original operation.

still pleased

One month after surgery and still very pleased.
I had a 'closed' procedure so while swelling wont be as extensive as if I'd had an 'open' surgery, I think there is is still a tiny bit of inflammation...has any one else had 'closed' and how long because you can judge the final result?
In addition to my surgery with Mr Ion, which was purely cosmetic (although since my surgery with him I've noticed better breathing and a better sense of smell!) I've had surgery in other plastic surgery clinics for reconstructive purposes .... Mr Ion's personal approach and his skills, his staff and the clinic in general seem leagues ahead of anywhere else I've been. I hope things continue this way!
London Plastic Surgeon

Extremely patient and perceptive surgeon