Wide Waisted Canadian Getting Snatched in Dominican Republic

The Brazilian butt lift surgery with Dr. Hector...

The Brazilian butt lift surgery with Dr. Hector Cabral is set for January 17th, 2017.

I have booked an 11 night stay at Essence Recovery Home ($1540).

My flights are booked with an overnight layover in Newark, New Jersey. I wish it were possible to fly directly to Santo Domingo from Calgary.

I am nervous about flying so soon after the procedure! I've just ordered Dr. Miami's booty buddy and I hope that it will be good enough for the flights.

Supplies... how to get Percocets??

So I didn't want to wait until the last second to get all my post surgical supplies in order. I'm staying at the Essence Recovery Home and they advertise that all you need is an overnight bag for your stay.

So far I bought:

Compression socks (for the flight home)
A small portable safe
Arnica Montana tablets
The Dr. Miami pillow
The BBL pillow with the optional extra inserts

The maxi dresses I'll bring are ones I have had for a few years from American Apparel. Tank tops for under my faja are cheap and comfortable from Costco. Everything other than the Dr. Miami pillow and the BBL pillow were ordered from Amazon. The pillows I ordered directly from their websites from the US. I did try the Jolly Jumper pregnancy pillow from Walmart but decided that it didn't provide the right support for the butt! They are sooo comfortable for sleeping however!!

I'm worried about pain management. Is it possible to buy stronger pain meds like Percocet in Santo Domingo?? When I had my breast augmentation I got off the percocets asap. They made me tired and constipated! I was able to get by with Tylenol for that surgery but I suspect the bbl surgery is more invasive so Tylenol won't be enough. I don't want the pain to be unbearable! My family doctor is very conservative so I don't think he will help me out with a prescription. How do I go about making sure I have strong pain medication??

Surgery Date Wasn't Confirmed!! ARG!!

I'm so annoyed! I was told by the owner of Essence Recovery Home that my surgery date was confirmed for January 17th 2017. I had my flights booked and I even had a hotel booked at the airport for the 12 hr layover. Now I'm finding out that there is a new policy that there must be a $200 deposit sent before your surgery is locked in. ARG!!! I'm so frustrated because I wanted to lock in my surgery since September but was told that they didn't even start booking into 2017 until December. I'm frustrated!!!

So I've sent the $200 USD and I'm told that they have January the 24th open. My flights and the hotel are non refundable so I guess that's $900 + 160 + 160 = 1220 lost!

I will wait to hear back from Maria if the 24th is confirmed before I go ahead and book a new flight :( The only upside is that I found that Sunwing and Air Transat fly directly from Calgary. I will have to drive 2 hours from Punta Cana airport however :(. It's still better than being on the plane for more hours and 1 or 2 layovers.

So much for planning ahead!!

Hemoglobin and Alpha Thalassemia Minor???

I had my physical this week and now I am beginning to wonder about Hemoglobin levels and Alpha Thalassemia Minor!! I was diagnosed with the condition in my teens but have't been affected by it much. I had lower iron levels in high school but I believe it was from skipping meals! Through out my 20's I've been healthy and fit but I am having trouble understanding the numbers my doctor gave me when I asked her about my hemoglobin.

So I had my complete blood count done and my physical plus EKG last week. I asked my doctor what my hemo level was at last year from my records. She tells me that it was 114 which is awesome for being a thalasemmia carrier and that a normal woman has like 120. I tried to get her to explain it in relation to the 13 that I'm hearing is the minimum for having a bbl and she just kept repeating that I will never have the maximum a normal woman will have but if this is a certified real doctor evaluating me out of country, they will know that I am healthy enough for the surgery. It is so hard to get an explanation from my doctor :(.

Nevermind asking about pain medication haha! I wasn't surprised... it looks like I will be using Advil and Tylenol. I was going to buy Percocets on the street but with all of the accidental Fentanyl deaths I don't want to risk ingesting a Percocet containing anything it shouldn't.

Now I'm thoroughly confused if I should be supplementing with the Floradix I see everyone using to get their hemo levels up! I'm reading that too much iron can cause organ damage especially in someone who has thalassemia since our bodies can't use the iron??

My worst nightmare would be that I travel all the way to the Dominican Republic only to be turned away because my hemoglobin will never be like a normal persons! It is sooo hard to get in contact with Maria Isabel.

Blood Test Results Are In!

Hey guys! This is a bit delayed but I did in fact lock down my surgery date January 17th. The owner at Essence RH had in fact confirmed my date but this coincided with the change in policy ($200 required to lock in the date) and I was lost in the mix. This problem was compounded by the fact that we don't have access to the PayPal affiliated app "Xoom" which we are supposed to use to send the money! I ended up sending the $200 USD by Western Union only to find out that Money Mart was the preferred way!!! Plus there is no such service as "home delivery option" for Canadians... no matter what service is used, the deposit has to be picked up in person. ARG!

Anyhow, I did get an email back from Cabral's office confirming the date for January 17th!

The next problem was that I didn't know if it was even possible for my hemoglobin levels to be anywhere near a 13. I have alphathalassemia minor and this prevents my body from producing the right shaped blood cells. Buttttt guess what! My blood test results came back and I am at a 12.8! And this is before I started taking Floradix iron supplement! I am so happy. The email I received from Cabral's office containing pre surgery details stated that I had to have a 12.5 hemo level minimum. I am so relieved! Surely I will have a 12.8 or higher when I get to the dominican.

It's funny because at my physical I had to talk about my general health and I knew that I felt much better than last year. Less intolerant to cold and stronger. I think it's that my hemo levels are finally normal since I have been eating a better balance diet and have not been as afraid this year to include an array of foods that I had previously cut out to ensure I stayed slim. It's funny because opening myself up to these foods I'd been depriving myself of actually helped me slim down to a comfortable weight - 117 lbs. I was stuck around 125-129 for like 3 years.

Speaking of weight! I was told to gain 5-10lbs via Whatsapp. The picture I sent was when I was approximately 117. Man, all my life I have been dying to eat whatever I want but LORD IT IS NOT AS MUCH FUN AS I EXPECTED. In fact it has been harder than ever!!! All my life I have gained weight easily but as soon as I ACTUALLY NEED THE WEIGHT it comes slow. I've been eating sugary things, high carb things.... things like icecream in large quantities (I'm lactose sensitive so I don't usually have a lot)... and I have gained weight. I'm at like 124 right now. I feel disgusting. I know it's mostly because I am eating junk food.. but I hate how my face is looking different and my hips and back are getting tighter from cutting back on cardio and stretching at the gym. I am still going to the gym but 2 or 3 times a week with just enough cardio to warm up and then the rest is weight training.

It's the strangest experience to eat whatever you want, and to be trying to put on weight. In a way, it's a therapeutic experience. I find that all of these taboo foods --- pastries, chocolate, cookies, french fries, pizza... once I have them often I don't even want them ever again. Maybe my body will crave certain things later on because I'm low on certain minerals in the future but right now I am without any cravings. Just cravings for fruits and veggies and lots of water! Isn't that ironic??

Anyway!! Longest post ever! Getting excited for my trip!

Before and wish pics for after

Hey guys. I haven't added any pictures yet so here we go!

I'm adding the pictures I sent to Cabral office for the quote a few months ago. I was quoted $3500 for Liposculpture and fat transfer. I was told to gain 5-10lbs. This was me at 117lbs.

Switched From Essence RH to Bodied Recuperation Spa

I switched recovery homes last month. I didn't expect to but I had been thinking that I actually would prefer a shared room opposed to a single room. Then I saw the beautiful house and the awesome sales going on at Bodied and I couldn't resist. I got a good vibe from their pictures and posts on instagram so I decided to switch! I lost my $100 USD deposit I put down for my stay at Essence but oh well. With the Canadian dollar being so weak I couldn't justify paying approximately an extra $1000 to stay at Essence RH. My 11 night stay at Bodied cost about $875 USD which is about $1200 Canadian. It's an awesome deal which I'm sure won't last. They just opened in December so it looks like it's a grand opening promo. Almost everything is included - supplies, transportation and overnight nurse for the night of surgery. I'll still need to bring $3500 USD in cash and another $1000 for post op meds, massages, emergencies, ab board and other miscellaneous costs.

Not gonna lie. I got a little nervous this week because I saw other dolls on instagram posting that a patient of Dr. Cabral's got paralyzed during surgery. I have heard of the deaths happening but it seemed that these patients had other pre-existing health issues such as asthma... I understand that there is always a risk but to be paralyzed?? It's hard to know what is true and what is not.

Pre Op Measurements

Hey Guys,

I thought I should mention what I am working with pre op!

Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 117lbs
Breasts: 35"
Waist: 27"
Hips: 34"

This is what I was before I started the weight gain! I'm at 124lbs now so I'll have to re-measure before surgery!

I'm pretty short so I won't mind a natural look. I'm looking for a better waist to hip ration mostly. Right now I'm at like a 0.79. I'd love to be closer to a 0.70!

Which Pillow to Bring??

I am trying to figure out which pillow to bring! I have the Dr. Miami Booty Buddy and the Booty Buddy.

Dr. Miami Pros:
- plush detachable back pillow

Dr. Miami Cons:
- not discreet
- narrow - maybe not enough thigh support
- not as thick and very squishy - butt may touch chair??
- hard to carry around airport unless I use the carry case which has the name on it

Booty Buddy Pros:
- discreet
- handle for carrying
- thicker - removable foam sheets to adjust height

Booty Buddy Cons:
- no back pillow

HM lol. I think I know which one now that I listed all of the pros and cons. I'll bring the Booty Buddy with me and just use my scarf balled up as a back pillow for support. I tend to get tired of carrying too much while walking in the airport so to add surgery on top of that.... I better play it safe and leave the Dr. Miami pillow for the car at home or something.

Any tips about support pillows or sleeping? I found this inflatable mattress on www.curvecure.com. I have spent so much on these two booty pillows plus like 3 Jolly Jumper pregnancy pillows so I don't think I can justify buying a mattress for $277.60 USD.

Post Op Massage SO HARD TO FIND IN CANADA

Hey guys. I am getting so frustrated. It's becoming more and more apparent that the brazilian butt lift surgery is RARE in Western Canada. I know that Dr. Jugenburg and Dr. Bendago (he did my boobs) do the procedure in Toronto but other than them I'm not sure of who else does it in Toronto. I know Dr. Jonathan Lee does it in Calgary but wtfffff... I get my lips done at his clinic and I spoke to an awesome nurse on the phonetoday, Lisa Iverson, ( She's my GIRL!!! She always hooks me up. If you are in Calgary looking for an amazing nurse injector she is da bomb) and she explained that they don't refer their bbl patients to anyone because Dr. Lee doesn't really prescribe post op massage... other than self massage.

I've been calling around to massage places all over Calgary and have only one promising lead, South West Massage. She said she'd have to confirm with the massage therapist and call me back... most places that advertised offering "lymphatic massage" were just talking about the internal lymph drainage. Whenever I emphasized the fact that it's real liquid coming out of drains about to happen in 3 weeks when I'm back home they're like wait... wtf. Haha. Anyway, now I'm like YOOOO where are all the lipo'ed women out here. Calgary is full of beautiful women who take such good care of themselves. WHERE ARE YOU GIRLS who've had cosmetic surgery like LIPO!!??! GEEZ I didn't expect it to be this difficult to line my massages up.

Instagram Surgery Account

I don't think I've mentioned it but I've just created a surgery devoted account on Instagram. I've set it to private because of the sensitive nature of the pictures but DM me on Instagram if you're using a personal account.

I'm finding that other sx dolls are very helpful there!

cabral_barbie_2017

Instagram is cabral_doll-2017! Oops!

Omg I'm an idiot LOL. I typed cabral_barbie_2017 but I am cabral_doll_2017 on instagram!!!!

Wow I'm on a roll it's cabral_doll_2017

Holy, can you tell that I have a lot on my mind haha. I keep making mistakes trying to type my Instagram name.

I'm Alive!!! - Arriving in Santo Domingo

Hey Guys,

I am alive! I understand why vets write their reviews leading up to the surgery then disappear!! You are going to be so busy just trying to survive that you a) won't have the time, b) won't have the energy or c) won't even care about posting!!

I have been good about updating my Instagram account cabral_doll_2017 and lots of information can be found on there but Real Self I did not update since it's less interactive.

So here we go. I'll try to break up the review so that it's divided by subject or time.

Alright so the flight to DR was stressful because I hadn't been sleeping well for at least a week before my departure (nerves and being up late researching). I had a 4 hour flight from Calgary to Newark and then an overnight layover there and then another flight to Santo Domingo the next morning. I wasn't able to sleep on the layover... probably just about 2 or 3 hours and then I was up again. I weighed myself before surgery and I was at 125 lbs. I couldn't stand to gain any more. It was tough to eat and eat and eat... my energy was low... I was bloated, my clothes didn't fit and my face looked fat. I thought that gaining weight would be fun! It was therapeutic in a sense because all of the taboo foods were no longer taboo. I am grateful for the experience because it has made my relationship with food and attitude toward it healthier.

Okay, so! Traveling was tiring and I had not had a good sleep in a week. I arrive in Santo Domingo excited. I walk through the doors into the crowd of people waiting for their friends and family... I see lots of people holding up signs but there are none with my name on it. Emmy, the owner of Bodied Recuperation Spa had said that my driver would be there waiting for me, holding up a sign. I was already a little annoyed because I had asked her a week before my arrival if my overnight nurse and heated blanket option were still available since I saw on the website it was no longer there. I had paid for my stay in full via her website through PayPal ($850) for a 11 night stay (which included 3 meals a day, snacks, transportation - to and from SDQ airport, three clinic visits, basic supplies like chux)... plus the overnight nurse ($50) for surgery at CIPLA plus the heating blanket rental ($50). I hadn't gotten an answer about it but I messaged again the day before my first flight to Newark to say Hey I'm coming soon.. how will I find my driver etc. She sent me a picture of the driver but I wish I asked for his name and number because there I was, tired, sweaty.... holding a heavy bag and my booty buddy looking for my damn driver.

I was lucky that the other recovery homes had drivers waiting there. They offered to help me and said that they knew other RH drivers but I was afraid that I would get robbed since they knew I was there for surgery and carrying lots of cash. I had $6000 USD on my and was nervous. Eventually I did go back to them and asked for help because my internet wasn't working on my phone and I wasn't getting messages back from Emmy. Conrad, a driver for Serenity messaged Emmy and was able to set up a place for me to meet with my driver. In the end the driver arrived 1.5 hours late. He could have at least messaged me or something! I was pissed off because when he did arrive, there was no apology or anything. Just hand gestures and no real greeting.

Driving in Santo Domingo is definitely not like North America. The stop lights are just a suggestion and people weave in and out of lanes. It's an aggressive type of driving which I expected since I'd been to DR twice before. What I wasn't expecting was the disgusting driver. He was constantly horking and spitting out the window while we sit in the back seat or beside him in the front. He was doing things like cutting his nails which is not appreciated when you're freshly out of surgery or on the way to it!!! How is that sanitary? He was loud, playing his radio loud, or videos on his phone... I definitely didn't feel safe with him driving while one eye was constantly on his phone which never left his right hand. He wasn't sensitive to the fact that his passengers were usually nauseous and headachy having either just come out of surgery or being a few days out of surgery. He was the one to drive us to and from surgery and our appointments. I really did not enjoy being around him. I had lipo all over my torso including my upper back. One time when he dropped me off to an appointment he tapped my back hard twice. I screamed!!! A light touch hurts when you're freshly lipo ed much less a hard pat on the back. I was pissed. There was a language barrier as well but we used a translator app on our phones and thankfully there was wifi in the car. I couldn't stand the driver so I used another driver for the 2.5 hour drive to Punta Cana airport when I flew home. My massage therapist Federica was kind enough to have her boyfriend drive me to the airport.

CIPLA - Consultation

Alright so straight from the airport the driver took me straight to CIPLA. It is a modern building with 5 floors. Dr. Cabral owns the building and is located on the top floor. I was excited and filled with anxiety that my hemo would be too low. In the waiting room of Cabral's office you will meet other future patients and you will have the opportunity to learn a lot from others. I arrived at the office at about 3:45 and I was there until past 9 pm. Try to bring snacks! I completed my blood work and EKG and found that my hemo had dropped from 12.8 in December (before I had even started the Floradix iron supplement) to 12.2! The minimum for my bbl and lipo was 12 so I just barely made the cut.

I was excited to meet the famous Maria Isabel Castro. She is Cabral's assistant and you will see for yourself that she is a hard worker!! She never stops. She's there from open to close. If you can, learn as much Spanish as you can before you arrive. The nurses and staff sometimes speak a little english but it will be useful to have some Spanish knowledge. I bought Rosetta Stone and completed a few units before my trip and I found it to be so useful in communicating.

After hours of waiting, it was finally my turn to see Cabral. He gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. He is warm and patient. He said that I did have enough fat and we decided to do the breast implant exchange (an extra $2000) with 600cc implants ( I have 400cc now). He honored my quote of $3500 and that was that! I paid 5300 (minus the $200 deposit I had sent) and I waited for the other girl who was also staying at my RH who had just arrived to finish up.

By this time it was past 9 pm which was my cut off time to eat. I was upset because I didn't have dinner and I was starving :(. I kept drinking until 12 am since that was the cut off for liquids but I was angry with the driver for being late picking me up at the airport because it seemed that Cabral either took a break to eat between 4 and 6 or had surgery.

Bodied Recuperation Spa - Complications

We arrived at the recovery home well past 9 pm. It is in the "better part" of Santo Domingo. This means that yes, it's a nice neighbourhood but you do drive past the slums and it is far from Cipla! It took at least 30 minutes to get to Cipla every time. Sometimes it took 45 minutes. This is a big deal because being in a car after surgery is hell. Every bump and jerky movement will HURT. I wish I took this into consideration when choosing recovery homes.

At the recovery home I was greeted by Paloma, the night nurse on week nights. I met two other women who were recovering as well. The house was similar to the pictures but the pictures did make it look nicer. I unpacked a bit in my triple room and went to the bathroom. When I went to wash my hands no water came out of the faucet. HMM! It didn't even cross my mind that the shower wouldn't work either. I went to ask for the Dial antibacterial soap that was on the list of supplies provided on the website. The nurse, Paloma, did not know that Dial soap was to be provided. I was annoyed because I had a pack of 12 that I had bought but left at home to save space in my suitcase since it was included in the price of the recovery home. Then... when I did go to shower... guess what. NO RUNNING WATER!!! I had not washed my hair in 3 days thinking I would wash it the night before surgery when I washed with antibacterial soap and everything. That's when I lost it. I had not slept well in a week and I had been planning this trip down to the very last detail... and here was this recovery home failing at keeping their promises when I needed them the most.

I messaged Emmy about everything and desperately needed to find out if my overnight nurse for surgery was even booked since I hadn't received an answer since the week before. It was past 11 pm so there was no answer back from her and I did message the house manager Osvaldo but of course no answer because it was late. Paloma the night nurse looked at me shocked that I would freak out over no running water and lack of antibacterial soap. By this point I was livid. I had been given a form to fill out with my information and I realized that I needed to add my emergency contact information - my boyfriend's name and phone number. She had me fill it out on a piece of paper and then forgot it in my room. I had started to cry as I wrote down the name because she was laughing at me getting so upset while I was there seriously considering the fact that I might die during surgery. I couldn't believe that I had made such a big mistake switching from an established recovery home (Essence RH) to a new one that was still working out the kinks.

Paloma ended up giving me a bucket (which I later saw used for mopping) filled with drinking water to use to bathe. I had no choice so I bathed... I could still see a layer of soap on my skin as I dried off with a linty towel. It was the way a towel is when it's brand new and has never been washed. it left white lint all over my body and I made a mental note not to use it the morning of surgery.

As I lay in my bed trying to sleep I decided to post my concerns to instagram since I didn't know if I'd get an answer from Emmy or Osvaldo before I left for surgery at 6 am. The website said that there would be bed wedges and boppy pillows and I lay there wondering if I should cancel my breast augmentation because you have to be propped up when lying down and your butt has to be protected somehow too. If there were already problems with the water and no Dial soap were there even any bed wedges?? I decided to ask the nurse in the morning and to cancel the breast aug if there weren't bed wedges.

Surgery Day

I ended up sleeping 2-3 hours and woke up at 5 am. Looking back, I should have pushed my surgery date forward by a day and changed recovery homes but I knew that my direct flight back to Calgary options were only on Tuesday and Fridays... at that time I didn't want to mess it up and have to stay another week longer because my recovery home messed up.

Later on I was criticized by Emmy for posting to Instagram "instead of talking to the people who could help" me but guess what?? The people who could help me weren't ANSWERING FROM THE WEEK BEFORE. They had a whole week to answer me about the overnight nurse and heating blanket. The water not working was the final straw. It was past 11 pm so no one was answering me and the night nurse Paloma was unfazed by the whole ordeal. Who else was I supposed to talk to?

I woke up at 5 am and I bathed with the bucket again. I asked Paloma for two buckets so I could be sure that the soap was fully rinsed off but apparently they were low on drinking water so I did not have enough to rinse... I was given a better towel to dry off with and Paloma did provide me with an extra bucket of water so I did go back in the shower to rinse again. Emmy answered me saying that I should tell Paloma to have the driver check the upstairs apartment for the Dial soap. So guess what? I got the dial soap at 6 am when it was time to leave for Cipla. That was so useful - to receive it once I had already been in and out of the shower twice and it was time to leave.

Emmy also tells me that she never received an email about the heating blanket option being purchased and that Paloma didn't know about the overnight nurse being booked because they "don't play with that" and Emmy does the booking. This is all information I would have appreciated knowing the week before when I had asked Emmy via WhatsApp. I was annoyed because I have TWO heating blankets at home that I could have brought with me but didn't because I PURCHASED the heating blanket option and PAID for it weeks before my arrival. Emmy tells me that they have to go out and buy the heating blanket after the option is purchased on the website. She refunds me the $50 later that day but I was angry because there was a reason why I bought the heating blanket rental option... I wanted the convenience of having the heating blanket at Cipla for after my surgery without having to carry in my suitcase.

I ask Paloma about the bed wedges and she says there are none. She shows me that there are boppy pillows (which are handmade ones, and are pretty flat). I ask about extra pillows to help me stay elevated after a breast aug. She shows me that there are 2 flat pillows I can use in addition to my two pillows. My roomie had a bbl and breast aug and was lucky that the other three women checked out by the time she had surgery so she had enough pillows but there would not have been enough if we both needed pillows and I certainly would not have had enough for the night I came back to the RH if I did end up having the breast aug. I was sad but I knew that it would be best to cancel my breast augmentation. I was worried because would Cabral refund my $2000?? Emmy tells me by whatsapp that "bed wedges aren't a requirement" for breast augmentation. YA BUT BEING ELEVATED IS. I was angry because WHY HAVE IT ON THE WEBSITE IF YOU DONT HAVE IT AT THE RH. She says the ones they had were not comfortable so they got rid of them. I was angry at myself for choosing this recovery home and I was afraid that I would not be getting the best care post surgery.

That was my mindset going into surgery. "Am I going to be safe?" "Will I be taken care of?" We are up until 2 am on the internet researching every night and planning every detail so you would expect your recovery home to have the decency to pay the same attention to detail too. These oversights should not be something a guest should have to worry about going into surgery. I had known since the night before surgery that I had made a mistake choosing this recovery home but after seeing Emmy's responses on WhatsApp the morning of surgery I realized I had been hustled. I had chosen Bodied Recuperation Spa because at the time I thought that Federica (@fedewebster55 on instagram) was the in house masseuse and house manager. She has amazing reviews and I knew that post op massages are essential in your recovery and for your comfort. After I had paid in full I realized that she had been let go and Osvaldo (Emmy's cousin) had replaced Federica as the house manager. Later on, Federica opened her own recovery home, Pure Beauty RH but it was too late, I was already booked with Bodied. I did still get 10 massages with Federica but I will talk about this later. What happened was that Bodied Recuperation Spa opened in December and Federica's reputation lent credibility to the new recovery home. Many girls, like myself, booked their stay thinking they would have access to an established and competent masseuse. I thought hey, this means I'll have the best post op care. I didn't realize that Federica was used temporarily for her reputation and then replaced and not even paid for her house manager duties. I'll talk more about this later.

My roomie and I are driven to Cipla and I am headachey and feeling sick from having no dinner the night before and no water since the night before. Of course the driver is there in the car, cackling at something funny on his phone, being loud and getting on my last nerve.

The elevators at Cipla are slow so you end up using the stairs a lot. I get to speak with Maria Isable about canceling my breast augmentation. Carlos, Cabral's assistant doesn't want to refund me my $2000 but thankfully Jorge, one of the nurses explains that my recovery home doesn't have running water or enough cushions for sleeping and Cabral says no, we will refund you your money for the breast aug.

I was definitely not the first surgery of the day. We didn't get to Cipla for 7 am as we were told to but I know I had surgery sometime in the morning. I was sent to a room I had never seen and I was told to put on a gown and my compression socks. Cabral had marked me up the day of my consult but it had faded with bathing so he marked me up again and then I was told to take the blue pill and lie down. My stuff was piled on a chair - 10 poise pads, 5 small washcloths, two white tank tops, underwear, socks in case I would be cold. Try to buy your medicine and faja before surgery! I was so out of it after surgery that I had to have my overnight nurse take my credit card and cash to buy this stuff and I ended up buying things that I already brought with me like Omeprozale and Benadryl.

After about 10 minutes a man came in to wheel me into surgery. I kept being asked if I took the blue pill. In the elevator I told him that my ex is Dominican. And that he was el diablo. He laughed and told me not all Dominican men are bad. In the surgery room I was hoping to see Cabral but they set up my IV and I was out like a light. My last thoughts were I wish I had a will set up and please don't let me die or be paralyzed when I wake up. And I wondered if Cabral would actually do my surgery or would it be Carlos who already hates me because I wanted a refund on the cancelled breast aug. And would there please be running water once I got back to my RH because I knew the toilet was getting full since it couldn't flush without water. These were my last thoughts.

I woke up during the end of the surgery and I remember trying to speak but then I was out. I don't remember feeling anything and it was completely hazy, this memory, so I am lucky!

Next thing I knew, I was in a room with a nurse, semi sitting and in pain.

Pic update for those who just want to see results

Hey guys. I've been busy with life but I will continue writing the detailed account of the surgery and my stay in the Santo Domingo tomorrow. I do have a surgery account on Instagram: cabral_doll_2017 that is updated more frequently. Here are some pictures if you are only interested in the results!

My measurements in the before pictures were:

Weight: 117 lbs
Waist: 27 inches
Hips: 34 inches

13 Days after surgery measurements:

Weight: 120 lbs
Waist: 25.5 inches
Hips: 39 inches

Please keep in mind that I was told to gain 5-10 lbs so I was at 125 lbs the day of surgery.

More details tomorrow!

Sx Night Continued

Hey all!

You know, I used to get so angry reading Real Self reviews because everyone seems to disappear after their surgery! Sometimes you're like "did this girl die in surgery??" because there is no follow up posts after she takes the blue pill!

I'm sorry, I am guilty of disappearing too! I understand why this happens however. After surgery you aren't able to sit and lying on your stomach and standing are two positions that don't allow for easy typing on a computer. More than that though is the fact that you really just are almost paralyzed - you're so stiff! For the first 3 or 4 days all you're trying to do is get in and out of your faja to poop, keep food down, and find a comfortable position to rest in. That's all you have energy for!

Alright. Continuing on about the night of surgery. I wake up and I'm semi-sitting in a hospital bed. It feels like my butt is very sore and I am not able to move my legs. I remember sending messages to my overnight nurse asking when she's arriving. I was so dizzy and weak. It is important to have a loved one with you or an overnight nurse (usually about $50). Keep in mind that your overnight nurse is for 12 hours only. I had time before 7 pm (when my nurse was to arrive) and after 7 am (when she was supposed to leave) when I was going to be alone. I paid her an additional $50 to stay until 9:30 am when the Cipla nurses were going to come and clean me up.

Overnight at Cipla is probably the worst part of this whole journey. This is because you are in so much pain and I wasn't able to sleep! The whole night you are just waiting for morning. I wish I knew more Spanish too because it was difficult to communicate to the Cipla nurses that I needed pain medication and that I couldn't sleep. My overnight nurse was alright, she was kind girl but she wasn't strong enough to help me sit up quickly and she was not translating for me. You'll need someone to help you sit up to vomit and also to bring a bowl for you to catch the vomit! I lost count of how many times I vomited and many times I tried to keep the vomit in my mouth until my overnight nurse could run and get a bowl but sometimes I just couldn't hold it long enough. I kept asking Que es esto (what is that) whenever the Cipla nurses were putting more things into my IV but it's difficult to know what's going on because many of the Cipla nurses don't speak much English.

So there I was, covered in my own vomit and blood... sometimes cold, sometimes hot. I was just grateful that I was alive and hadn't passed away during surgery!! I really wanted to lie on my stomach or side because my butt hurt more and more as the night went on but this wasn't possible as the hospital bed was broken and couldn't move into other positions. Instead, I used my arms to lift my butt up off the bed as much as I could to relieve the pressure on my butt. As the night went on though, I got weaker and couldn't lift myself. My torso was very sore and by morning I couldn't move very much. Even just to sit up a little further so that I could vomit was impossible on my own. I did try to drink water and take my own pain killer but everything I tried to swallow came back up.

For the times I was without my overnight nurse it was a little stressful because you're alone in a room with a closed door so when you yell "helppppp helpppp..." and wait... it'll take some time for nurses to come help you. Sometimes you vomit and there is nothing to catch it.

Finally it was morning and around 9:30 am a set of two nurses came in with a suitcase full of pads and wipes and other supplies. I had my own supplies which they used first. I was so grateful for these two efficient angels!! They moved quickly, helping me out of bed, stuffing me into a faja and wiping me down. They changed my bloody bedsheets as well. Jorge, one of my favourite nurses helped too. I was so dizzy and weak that I could hardly stand on my own. Moving one foot in front of the other was difficult. I felt like my legs weighed 1000 pounds. It must have been the anaesthetic wearing off. Jorge is fully bilingual and was the one who helped me get my $2000 for the cancelled Breast Augmentation the day before. He tried to get me to drink hot cider and I warned him that it was going to come back up. And sure enough it did.

They put me back in bed and gave me more anti nausea medication through my IV.

I remember a doctor came in and took my blood. She tells me that my levels are low (she wouldn't tell me how low) and that I would need a blood transfusion, probably 2. I knew that this might happen because I went into surgery with a 12.2 Hemoglobin level. I was soooo weak and dizzy and I hoped that this would help. The blood bag arrived and I paid $115 each time they changed it. Immediately I felt better. I really didn't want to have blood transfusions in DR but I was glad that I had my Hepatitis and A and B shot before I traveled.

At one point the RH driver, Estarlin came in and pinched my cheek and tousled my hair. I was pissed but so weak so all I could do is say "stop, I'm tired" and move my head away. I told him that I would be ready in a few hours and would message him.

I'll write more later!

Checking out of CIPLA

Okay guys, real life has intervened, as always, and I have not been updating. Currently I am 6.5 weeks post op and still in this FAJA!!

Okay, so here goes - more on CIPLA. I was lucky to get stuffed into my faja and continued laying in the newly cleaned hospital bed, receiving the blood transfusions. I was able to choke down some crackers and apple juice and felt better. I could feel that my mid section was very wrapped up but I didn't dare take a look. Having had surgery before, I knew that the first week post op I would look scary!! Yes, and surely, I did look soooo scary. I saw when I did look in the mirror the next day. My ass was gigantic!! And so was my waist. In fact, all of me was huge the next morning. I don't know what it is but day 3 after surgery I woke up to Asian eyes, a swollen face and a swollen body in general. So much swelling!

Anyhow, so Cabral did check up on me twice and he said he didn't know why my hemoglobin level dropped so low because we only did lipo and a bbl. He is so caring and calm and I was touched that he did take the time to check on me more than once. The man has such a good energy about him. You'll know what I mean when you meet him.

So there I was, grateful to lose track of time because I was soooo sick of the pain and not being able to sleep or eat. The blood transfusions brought me back to life! Once they were done I did get to speak with Jorge (my favourite nurse) again and he tells me that they want to keep me another night for observation (free of charge). I was like HELLL NAAAH. Unless I can get in a different room with a hospital bed that isn't broken! My bed was like semi-sitting. Which is fine. But overnight I really needed to be able to switch to my stomach or sides. The way this broken bed was I was like I can't get up by myself and I'm sitting here on my butt the whole time sooooooo can I switch??? They were fully booked up so he said FINE, leave if you promise to come back for an appointment in the morning.

Now girls. They'll wheel you out of the building up to your car but the real challenge is the car rides!! Lord I was glad to have the use of my upper body! I don't know how the girls do it with muscle repair or new breast implants!!! I was holding on for dear life trying to avoid my lipoed areas from touching anything in the car. You're going to feel like you flew off a rollercoaster, rolled down a hill, then fell off a cliff and got run over by the bus. I knew I had felt pain when I got my breast implants under the muscle in 2011 but Lipo is a new type of pain.

I was happy to go homeand thankfully I got to speak with the house manager Osvaldo at the RH Bodied Recuperation Spa. I explained everything that happened. He sat with me and listened to my concerns while I ate soup. It was great to speak to someone who spoke fluent English.

That night, exhaustion and the pain killer Enantyum knocked me out and I slept. I did wake up a lot because sleeping on your stomach hurts your neck and abdomen but I was able to sleep. I was up going to the bathroom often but I felt that when I slept it was deep.
Dr. Hector Cabral