37 Years Old, Wanting to Love my Smile - Cincinnati, OH

I sent my impressions back last Friday. Prior to...

I sent my impressions back last Friday. Prior to doing so I left a message for SDC to call me, as I wanted to change how I would pay. I still have yet to hear back from them. Today I received an email stating that they were starting to make my align era and I should call them to confirm payment. I called an hour ago and left another message. I'm starting to question if this is a good decision. The customer service thus far has not been great. But I really want to fix my teeth and I don't have $6000 to do it at an orthodontist.

Waiting

I was finally able to reach someone at SDC. Now I wait for my treatment plan to be completed, which should be 7-10 days.

21 days to the start

I received my treatment plan today. I am anxious to start. My treatment will last 10 months, and consist of 20 upper and 20 lower trays. I really hope this gives me the straight smile that I've dreamed about.

Still waiting

I received my treatment plan on September 23. I'm guessing that I have 2 more weeks until I receive my aligners. I'm starting to get a bit nervous about the process. I really hope it is with the money. I will update as soon as they arrive.

Let's do this

I received my first 3 sets of aligners yesterday. I decided, based on other's recommendations, to wait until bed to put them in. The top aligners clicked right in, the bottoms took a little ever and felt very tight. I didn't have any real pain, my teeth just feel tire, sort of like they do after a dentist visit. However, when I take them out to eat, my teeth feel a bit sore, but nothing unbearable or needing ibuprofen. Oddly enough I can already tell that one tooth has shifted a bit. When I eat it now hits another tooth, so something is working. Eating kind of stinks though, as you have to brush and floss each time. It kind of deters you from snacking. I'll change aligners every two weeks for the next 10 months. That's a long time without snacking...????

Tray 2

Started the second trays. These definitely feel tight, but not painful. The strange thing is that they feel almost harder, or more solid, I guess would be a better description. Maybe my first set had softened over time and I just don't remember. So far I have been lucky and haven't had to trim or file at all. It is kind of a bummer when eating out. I refuse to brush my teeth I. A restaurant bathroom; so I have chewed gum and rinsed with water after eating out. Hopefully that will be enough to ward off any cavities.

Tray 3

I'm not going to lie, this one was uncomfortable yesterday. It seemed to be putting pressure on my sinus cavity and made me feel like my nose was tingling, like before a sneeze. Today, it feels snug, but not unlike the previous trays. I definitely can see that my back teeth are shifting; as I can see the parts of fillings that lay between teeth. ????
On a positive note, I've lost two pounds in the last month. I guess I was snacking more than I thought.