32 Year Old - Asymmetric Fat Loss to Face with Malar Crescent - Temp Fillers Too Temporary for Me! - Cincinnati, OH

I am going in a few weeks to Cincinnati to meet...

I am going in a few weeks to Cincinnati to meet with well respected facial plastic surgeon Dr. Donath. I have in previous reviews, reported on my use and temporary satisfaction with, Voluma and juvederm xc to fix my facial insecurities, but sadly after paying for THREE $800 syringes of Voluma ($2400), and 1 $600 syringe of Juvederm... I am left with only about half a year of results. The fillers went away far too quickly for what my budget can handle. The Voluma did not last 2 years... not even 1 year!

I feel fat transfer will allow me more cc units for less lost per unit. I also think the fat will last longer as my Dr is using innovative micro fat transfer techniques, and I also like the idea of removing fat from an area I don't want it. I am very optimistic. I will post another update after my initial consulatation Sept 8, 2016.

My hope is to not only get the "bad side" of my face to be more congruent with the "good side", but the to go a level more and make both enhance together in symmetry. I have Cherokee heritage and I have never had good full cheeks, always flat. So I want to correct the bad side of my face, and also get convexity to my face like a young Betty Grable or Lauren Conrad.

Parked in Traffic for over 3 hours - missed consulation

This morning I got my rental car and excited anticipated the drive to Cinci for the appointment I made 3 months ago. To my utter disappointment, despite leaving 4 hours early for travel, I got stuck in traffic literally PARKED for 3 hours due to a hazardous material spill that closed both North and Southbound 75. I have rescheduled for the next earliest time they could see me, October 10th, so no update until then. Bummer!!!

Consultation Day finally!

I finally was able to meet Dr. Donath and go over with him what I saw as problems, and what solutions there are for these problems. I can do 1, 2, or 3 "quadrants" of the face. Each quadrant is $2500 approx. So I need a good amount in the midface.. that is for sure, and that is definitely what I am going forward with to address. But a tiny bit in the eye socket area ( another quadrant)? Maybe. A bit to fill in the nasolabial lines (yet another quadrant)? Eh? I feel like the midface volume he will be adding will lift help that. I'm conflicted if I will do 1, 2, or 3 areas....???

As of writing this, I am leaning toward considering doing two areas. The midface, and the eye socket areas. This is because even though my eyes are not too bad yet, I feel they will lose fat in the next several years. Also, I have one eyelid that is slightly uneven, and he said he can fix that with fat transfer.

So I paid my $1000 down payment today and I have booked this for January 25, which will allow me a renewed face in time for my 33rd birthday in February. Also, this way I can tell my work I'm taking time off for my birthday, which will be true.

Harper's Bazaar Nov 26

Saw this article I enjoyed. Reassures me that at 32 I dont need to feel conflicted about being "too young" for a fat transfer. Person in article, like me, hates being called mam all of a sudden. (I also stopped getting carded as soon as my voluma wore off).
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

I met Dr. Donath for my initial fat transfer consultation. I like his disposition, and he is certainly a methodical, articulate, perfectionist -type. I am confident he will be the best face- specific plastic surgeon to help me deal with volume loss from my face. I have decided to proceed with the procedure, which I have booked for the coming year.