25 Y/o 38 H - Cincinnati, OH

I am a 25 y/o hairstylist. I have had large...

I am a 25 y/o hairstylist. I have had large breasts since 7th grade when I came back to school over break and had developed into a large D. From there I kept developing and graduated high school at an F. In the past couple years with a little weight gain, I have topped out at a 38 H. I'm a pretty active human. I workout a couple times a week, walk and run with my dog and enjoy a decently active lifestyle. But my large chest has always held me back. I currently wear 2-3 sports bras and suffer from back pain as well as some neck pain. Especially after working a long day behind the chair. I'm hoping a BR will not only improve my quality of life but also my comfort. I'm hoping to go from a 38 H to a 38 D. This would be ideal. My PS thinks it's extremely doable. They will be using the anchor method and my surgery is 8 weeks away.

I'm extremely emotional about the whole thing. I go through bouts of extreme happiness to being anxious. Mostly about some of the horror stories I've read. Too much late night googling!! All in all I feel as though I'm in a healthy spot with it and an anxious to get it done.

Most nervous about general anesthesia and post op complications and results.

Getting those Nerves

Had a minor freak out tonight. Mostly in my head. Things like.... Is this going to be too painful? What if I don't like the way I look after?

Feeling a little better after a chat with a friend. Still nervous. Normal?

15 days out.

Feeling anxious and excited for my surgery. All the unknowns are plaguing me.

Tomorrow is my pre-op physical as well as my pre-op appt with my PS. Wrote down about a million questions.

Top of the list being....
1. Sizing (insurance amount to be taken out)
2. Symmetry (no lopsided boobs)
3. FNG complications

A client of mine was able to take a Xanax before her surgery. I have a feeling I'm going to be in a puddle of tears beforehand. So we will discuss that too.

Ready to get these appointments over with tomorrow.

Before Photos

This is me this summer. Before surgery obvious. Busting out of a swimsuit.

New Bras

These are supposed to fit after the surgery..... hard to imagine!! 38D

4 days away!

4 days post op

Before and after

Not the best after photo. Those sweatpants aren't doing me any favors.....

But incredible after. 38HH to 38C/D. Total of 8lbs removed.

Laying in bed

How long did you all wait to sleep laying down? I'm 5days post op and am really only getting about 4 hours because I am so uncomfortable in this 90-70 degree angle in a chair......

I would like to be able to lay on my couch or in my bed with help getting up from my mother....any thoughts?

Does this slow healing?

Nervous Nelly

Ok. 9 days Post Op and I'm feeling the best I've felt. Almost completely off pain meds except at night. That's when it's the worst. Hard to get comfortable. I've switched to being propped up on the crunch instead of my oversized chair and that helps a little.

Onto my worries. My right side is a champion. It has healed pretty dang well so far, little tenderness and swelling is going down faster on that side. Pieces of scabs and dried blood have already fallen off. So that's good. Now my left side........yikes. When I went to my first post op she said she had to remove more from that side and therefore there was going to be more swelling and bruising. She also said the very top layer of the nipple would likely fall off almost like a blood blister and then the nipple will continue to heal. Well, the bottom part of my right nipple is starting to come off. And just as she said it's almost like a blister. Just a smidge of skin and underneath is much pinker. But today when I woke up. Two more pieces had fallen off but they look either super dark purple/red or black to me. I'm concerned obviously and have a call into my plastic surgeon just to be sure.

Photos are below. Any insights?

10 days Post Op

Everything is the same today.

Tylenol during the day, Percocet at night.

Bought a recliner today so I could sleep better. Worried about getting out of bed without using my arms. Looking forward to sleeping reclined more!!

Right nipple is looking FRESH. Incisions on the right looking great.

Left nipple is a little bit of a horror film. Call my PS and she responded with, "keep it covered and apply antibiotic ointment. Even though it looks a little scary I'm starting to see pink! Still a touch worried but trusting the professional.

Still loving my results. Here are pictures!

Left nipple is still giving me trouble. I've spoken to a few people on here and done some research. I'm 90% sure the top layer of skin has died and the rest of what is left has turned into a scab. I will see my PS in the morning and we are discussing next steps from there. Feeling confident and excited to get some feedback.

Right nipple is killing the game. So strong. Tape and stitches are staring to come off and it's looking really good! Excited about that.

More updates tomorrow.
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Loved Dr. Krummen for my consultation. She was no nonsense, 100% informed about complications, risk, emotional stress and trauma. As well as all he positives. I was ready to pay out of pocket for this procedure in fear it was going to be such a long complicated process with my insurance company and she urged me to submit and see what happened. 6 days later, my insurance company (CIGNA) approved 100% coverage of this procedure. At this point, I'm really pleased with my decision with my surgeon.