41 Yr Old Mother of 2 -Breast lift w/o implants 36DD- Cincinnati, OH

I decided it was time for a breast lift! I am a...

I decided it was time for a breast lift! I am a very full 36DD (36DDD in Victorias Secret bras) Being single approaching 42 can put things into perspective really fast! :)
I had my breast lift this morning at 7:30 am, I've had several past spinal fusion surgeries, but my anxiety was off the chart as this was uncharted territory. The anesthesiologist gave me something in my line for it. My surgery was 2 1/2 hours & I was told everything went fine. I'm not going to sugar coat this-the pain post op was unbelievably bad. It took me until about 3:00 pm to turn the corner with the pain. I used a ice pack on top of my shirt for 20 minute intervals every 30 minutes tonight. This evening as long as I stayed ahead of the pain meds I felt fine. I go for my follow up on Thursday 3/5/15 & that will be my first look at them :) I will post more pics after I see dr Thursday

Day 2 post op-feel great!

I had my follow up today with Dr. Columbus. He said they look great. I'm keeping ahead of the pain by setting my alarm to remind me to take my pain meds every 4 hours. I was able to shower today & wash my hair. Some of the yellow tape came off my nipples during the shower.

4 days after surgery

Today I've had moderate pain, as I'm weaning off the pain pills. I developed a rash from the glue & have been taking Benadryl for the rash & itching.

9 days post op appt today

I had my follow up today & they said everything looks good. They removed the tape & cut down some long sutures. Still have a fair amount of swelling but they are starting to get softer feeling (as before my skin was very swollen & tight/hard).
Sensation is good. No draining. They said come back in 2 weeks we will discuss scar cream & massage to keep scar flat. I have 1 more week where they say I'm susceptible to infection etc.
I'm taking 3 500 mg Tylenol twice a day & Benadryl for the itching along my sutures (from allergy to glue)
I'm glad I bought several sports bras in the size bigger then I am & my normal size-as with the swelling I'm not my normal size. A good website for front closure sports bras is called Herroom.com. If you invest in this amount for surgery do urself a favor & invest in a couple good sports bras-as you wear them 24/7 for over next month post op. Get a pillow wedge to support yourself after surgery or use a recliner if you have one. Lots of pillows, as you will be laying on your back & upright position for awhile.
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Dr Columbus, from The Plastic Surgery a Group is an amazing "straight shooter" surgeon. I went in unsure if I wanted implants as well as the lift & he asked me some questions & felt I didn't need to spend the additional money on the implants, as results would be very good with the lift.