Consultation Only - Consultation with Dr. Toriumi - Chicago, IL

I had a consultation with him yesterday and I...

I had a consultation with him yesterday and I wanted to pass along my thoughts. Hes not a very personable guy to begin with, but that wasn't a big deal to me. He listened and asked me questions. The consultation is very expensive. I paid $250 and they said they will bill my insurance another $200 for a nose "scope". This is the part that rubbed me the wrong way. The Dr. essentially took a light and looked up both of my nostrils...Typically what your general practitioner would do. It took 10 seconds and he's charging my insurance for that. To me, that sorta speaks to the type of person he is. So this will be a $450 visit and I met with him for probably 25 minutes. The overall cost for a revision rhinoplasty was going to be around $30,000 which is an absolute joke. That is WAY too much money. Especially when no Dr. can ever guarantee a result. I don't care how good he "thinks" he is, to me, that is robbery. I will not be using him I wanted everyone to know what to expect before going to see him.
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon