21 Years Old, Stretch Marks in Hips and Thighs - Chicago

I just ordered a derma roller from Amazon...

I just ordered a derma roller from Amazon yesterday and it will arrive tomorrow. From all of my research I ended up purchasing a 1.5 mm roller and a 2.0mm derma stamp. I will be using this to keep myself accountable for rolling, comparing my result, and hopefully helping other people with their derma rolling. I will be rolling once a month and I know that I many not see results for up to 6 months. I will keep you guys posted on my journey into derma rolling :)

Before pictures

These are the pictures of my stretch marks before I started derma rolling.

Derma rolling experience

Friday was my first time derma rolling. The first thing I did was check to make sure none of the needles were bent, since I had read on multiple places that bent needles can cause a lot of harm to your skin. The second thing I did was soak the derma roller in alcohol. While it was soaking I jumped in the shower to make sure my skin was clean before rolling. After soaking it I cleaned my skin with alcohol. The roller I purchased has 1.5 mm needles. And a 2.0mm derma stamp. I started by rolling vertically along the stretch marks and then horizontally on both hips. The pain was not bad at all. I would say it was less painful than getting your eyebrows waxed. It took about 20 minutes to do both hips and after my skin was just very red.

Little over a week

The night after my derma rolling I was looking at my skin and I saw lots of little scratch marks. I had not read anything about these marks in my previous research so I headed to find out what had happened. I found out they are called tract marks and after reading on them I started getting really nervous. A lot of the post said that it was from pressing too hard causing the needles to scratch the skin and others had stated that the marks could be permanent. After reading that I decided to put Vaseline on the marks to hopefully hep them heal. The next morning when I woke up the marks were much less noticeable and with in two days they were completely gone. I have extremely sensitive skin and scratch/scar very easily so I am very relived that these tract marks were not permanent.

So far I have not seen an improvement but it is said to take a couple of months to a year to see the results. I am staying positive and will update after my next roll in about 2.5 weeks

Some results

Sorry I haven't been updating this too much! It's been a busy summer. I'm going to be doing my second roll tonight! I feel like there has been some progress since the first roll! I'll take some pictures tonight of the results and post them!

Progress 5 weeks after first roll

Here are some pictures from 5 weeks after my first rolling. I do see some progress so I am not giving up. I have also lost 13 pounds since the first roll