Desperate for a Tummy Tuck - the Time is Now! - Chevy Chase, MD

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 107 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for the past 5...

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for the past 5 years! I thought it was unrealistic. But the more I tried to lose weight, the less successful I have become, and the more desperate for a TT I have become. Finally, after 2 years of saving, researching and planning, it is really going to happen! Scheduled - finally, 1/22/13

Let me share a little about me:
-I have 3 children. 15, 10, 7. All were large babies; 9 - 10.5 lbs. I feel pretty content with the reset of my appearance, but I have this "pregnant" belly that just won't go away.

-My husband is great about it, saying all the right things. You know, "I love you, you are beautiful to me". Which is fine, but I feel awkward in my own skin.

-My work, I teach preschool gymnastics, and feel awful that while my job is centered around health and fitness, I am so over weight.

- Goal, I want this large seemingly pregnant belly out of my way. I hope to have a flat stomach and that this surgery not only reduces that area, but that it spurs a personal desire to be more fit and healthy.

-Feelings, I am a planner and right now, with the kids, the house, work and everything else, I am way to busy planning to be off for 2 weeks to be nervous. If I allow myself to think about it for too long it will scare me, so I find something else to do. I have found this site, the info, the pictures, the blogs of others experiences sooooooooooooo helpful! I feel really prepared for what I am about to go through. I am excited to finally have this done!
I will post pics soon - before and afters

Tomorrow morning is the big day! After all this...

Tomorrow morning is the big day! After all this time the waiting is over...
Nervous, anxious, excited... anticipating my new look!
Ready to be skinny and hot... but nervous about the pain from surgery.
Will keep you posted about the surgery. Can't wait to post pictures.

Finally home from the hospital! I am still not...

Finally home from the hospital! I am still not sure what is going on but I could use some advice/ help!
My surgery was 1/22, when i got home i was very sick and got sicker as the days passed. Constant vomiting and nausea made it to take any pain meds. The pain was unbearable. Friday i finally called my PS ( who had yet to call and see how I was doing,s to much for great bedside manner.) The receptionist who i spoke with said I was likely dehydrated and should go to the emergency room to get fluids.
After a few hours in the ER, where I was given fluids and nausea medicine through the IV they released me. By the time I returned home I was just as sick as when I'd left. I tried calling my PS again the next day, but it was Saturday and I only got a machine. I was miserable the entire weekend.
Monday came and I was to have a follow up appointment at the PS. With nausea that scream there was no way I could entertain the idea of driving the hour and half trip to his office. I was scared and so sick. I called his office again, in tears over how sick I'd been. I asked what to do and if this was normal. The girl told me "a tummy tuck is a very painful surgery of course." She then told me that I could go back to my local hospital or I could come down for my appointment and the PS could admit me there.
Knowing I wouldn't make the drive I choose to go to a l local hospital, but not the one I had gone to before. I went to a bigger,more respected hospital, where, after a few hours in ER I was admitted with a silia.
The experience was more horrible than I can put into words. I vomited repeatedly as they threaded the NG tube down my nose. My abdamen burned with pain as the nurses tried to help change me into a hospital gown. It as excruciating! But the worse part is how over and over the various docs and nurses who talked with me about what happened all shared the same shock and awe that the hospital where my surgery had taken place and the doctor who performed it had sent me home just 2 hours after surgery.Before I could walk or dress myself, before having a bowl movement, before being okay.
I spent 5 days, 4 nights in the hospital. It was painful and awful what I went through. I came home Friday afternoon, it is now Sunday night. Tuesday will be 2 full weeks since surgery. I am still incredibly sore and very swollen. I still have my drains in. I have not heard from my PS. I do not know if what happened to me is simply a possible complication or negligence.
I do not know if I should call my PS or someone else to remove my drains?
Any advice of what to do next is gratefully appreciated.
I am truly traumatized over what I've been through. I was supposed to return to work Tuesday,but am now taking an additional week off work. I hope next week I will be better. I have not seen a bill yet but am very concerned over what the past week in the hospital cost me.

I was feeling great for the past month. NO more...

I was feeling great for the past month. NO more pain meds, and while I can still feel a weird numbness, I have been good for the most part! However, over the past 10 days I have been swelling, a little more each day. It goes down in the morning, but is pretty swollen at night, like I am 5 months prego - which I am glad to say I'm not... don't know what is going on, but based on my already odd circumstances, I am calling the doctor this week....

3 out of 5 stars Overall rating
3 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
3 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
3 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
3 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
3 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
3 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
4 out of 5 stars Payment process
4 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful