Rhinoplasty for Deviated Septum, Hanging Columella, and Supraalar Crease - Chestnut Hill, MA

I did significant research to understand the areas...

I did significant research to understand the areas of my nose that I wanted to improve. After the winter I had realized that my breathing was blocked into my left nostril. Because of this blockage, there was added strain to the right side when I would breathe in and the cartilage would collapse when I did so. Aesthetically, when looking at my profile, I could see inside my nose. Through research I learned this was defined as a "hanging" columella. I did extensive research in Boston for facial plastic surgeons and went to three consultations to decide the right surgeon for me. It was clear as soon as I met Dr. Spiegel that I was in the right place. He was so down to earth when I first met him and we discussed my concerns and things I would like to change. With some surgeons you can feel self conscious as if you are being too vain. Dr. Spiegel helped me to understand the medical terms for what I was seeing and what my options were to correct these. I have had two other plastic surgeries over ten years ago and my surgical experience with Dr. Spiegel was the best I have had yet. I truly felt that I was in his care and not an appointed nurse. Every step of the way we confirmed what it was I wanted to adjust. The day I returned from my procedure, I received flowers from the office step just reassuring they were available for any questions I had through my healing. After my bandages were removed and I get to see my perfect new nose that I could breathe out of, I had inadvertently taken an elbow to my nose on a Friday night. I wasn't able to gauge if I should be concerned. I sent Dr. Spiegel an email directly Saturday morning and he responded immediately and got in touch with me via phone. I had a such a positive surgical experience that I have gone to the office for other enhancements such as skincare, fillers, and microneedling. My skin looks better than ever based on the recommendations of Dr. Spiegel and Dr. Onir.
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon