27 Year Old Women, Mother of Two - Chesterfield, MO

I am 27 years old, 5'4 and 136 lbs. I am a mother...

I am 27 years old, 5'4 and 136 lbs. I am a mother of two beautiful children. A four year old boy and a two year old girl. I love my children more than life but they destroyed my stomach. I was very healthy during my pregnancies, I even ran a half marathon 6 1/2 months pregnant. There was nothing I could do about the stretched skin on my stomach, I couldn't exercise it away. I had a lot of extra skin in my lower stomach. It bothered me everyday since giving birth to my daughter. It really affected myself esteem. I began finding all the information on tummy tucks and reading other peoples journeys. I finally made an appointment and scheduled the surgery on 9-11-15. The surgery went really well and I went home the next day. On the third day you are able to take all the dressings off. I was so happy with the results I cried. The first week I tried to take it as easy as I could. I'm a mover I don't like to sit still. The second week I was home alone with the kids so I had to do a lot more. Around the 10th day I was able stand up better. I took a little over two weeks off from work. I do home health care for a living so I had to be careful for a while after surgery. The end of the second week I had my two drains removed. Removing the drains was the worst and most painful part of the whole experience. By the three week I felt great and every week after I feel even better. I've always been told I must have a high pain tolerance and I guess I do. In my mind I thought the pain and recovery was going to be much worse. Over all this has been one of best decision I've ever made. I have myself esteem back.
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Prada is a wonderful doctor. At the first appointment he really listened to everything I had to say and answered all my questions. He had compassion and really care that this meant a lot to me. I never had to wait long to get back to see him and the appointments where never rushed. I always felt like I was in good hands. On the day of surgery I didn't even feel nervous, and I know that is because of him. Dr. Prada exceeded my expectations! The nursing staff at his office were very kind also.