Septorhinoplasty - Chester, GB

Though I still have to wear tape and can't see my...

Though I still have to wear tape and can't see my nose properly on daily basis, I'm extremely happy with the results of my septorhinoplasty. My main concern was my breathing, I had very tough times during summer (not because of allergies, but because of heat) and after a glass of wine. Anything that would cause even minor swelling would pretty much stop me from breathing, unless I was holding skin around my nose in a way that will allow more air to come in. It was affecting my sleep and my life in general. I got tested for allergies, and I have none. So I went to consultation to Mr Tahery, and after very precise inspection of my nose he said that having a septoplasty with turbinate reduction would improve my breathing drastically. Personally I think that the latter was the main reason of improvement, though it's obviously not for me to make a objective judgement of. Even though my surgery was not a very long time ago, I already can breath so much better, it's incredible. I can't believe that everyone, who doesn't have the issue I had, can actually breath like that. People should appreciate it more, because it's like a whole new world without suffering.

Apart from breathing problems I had huge complex about my nose size and shape. It was overprojected, had a hump on it (though not a massive one, but still), my nostrils were pretty large, and oh my god I dreaded the look of my profile when smiling, I looked like a witch with it hanging down.

My surgery went amazing, during the whole process I can tell about three things that caused me most discomfort: not being able to eat or drink before surgery, stuffed nose for couple of days after it, and itchy skin under the tape (my skin is very sensitive, and got pretty irritated by tape glue). That's it, the rest went wonderful. Mr Tahery was amazing, talked to me a lot about what's going to happen, what exactly he will do, asked just right questions about what I want, and listened to everything I had to say. Nurses in the hospital were so caring and understanding, and Lisa, who is Mr Tahery's assistant, went above and beyond to make sure that I have nothing to worry about. Recovery went great as well, and my cast came off by itself when I took a shower in the morning before going for my stitches removal. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw myself without it, it was me, but better. I was scared that my face would change, but it was still my face. I can't stop looking at my reflection, I still can't believe that this is me now, this is how I look. I can look at my face at any angle, and feel great about it. It's not just a confidence boost, it's something indescribable. I never realised before how much it affected me, but now actually loving the way I look changed my life.

I've read that some people are worried about stitching of columella Mr Tahery does, but I can assure you, that though I had three incisions (due to nostril reduction) it already looks great and is healing perfectly.

I don't have enough words to express how grateful I am. I want to talk to past me and tell her "do it, seriously, don't worry about a thing, just do it!". All concerns and worries I had were so pointless. The whole process was so simple and easy for me. Through the whole thing I felt incredibly cared for.

Thanks for reading my review, if you have a surgery or consultation with Mr Tahery already booked, I hope it will make you less stressed about your decision.
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon