38 and After 8 Years of Waiting the Mummy Tummy is Gone! Chelmsford, GB

Following the birth of my second child I lost a...

Following the birth of my second child I lost a significant amount of weight leaving me with a classic saggy and stretched "mummy tummy". Having a tummy tuck became the thing I "would love to do if I could" but not something at that stage in my life with two toddlers I could have considered. However, after 8 years of dreaming about it the planets suddenly aligned making it a real possibility. My husband was at home working his notice with a new job due to start in January so would be at home and able to take care of me and I found a surgeon able to operate before Christmas meaning we all had down time while the two most important weeks of recovery took place.

After two consultations the surgery was all confirmed and the excitement and nerves began to set in! I did have a slight emotional wobble on the day when I walked into theatre but soon enough I was waking up in recovery. The pain was not as bad as I expected and I went home the day after the procedure. Within a week I was walking much more upright and did not require pain relief from day 10. I am now 19 days post op and cannot believe how quickly that time has passed. After all the anxiety and fears as well as excitement I am thrilled that it is done and couldn't be happier with the result already. I am looking forward to making steady progress to final result in a few months - and wearing a bikini for the first time since I was in my 20's this summer!

Photos

A selection of pre and post op pics.

28 days post-op

Week 4 & 5

Week 7

I cannot believe I have reached week 7 already! My recovery so far has been straightforward and whilst I am not back to my normal self quite yet I look forward to making more steady progress over the coming weeks. I am beginning to see more of my shape as the swelling continues to gradually subside and was thrilled this week when my husband's eyes widened in delight at what he described as my "obvious hourglass". I have resumed most of my normal activities but exercise is restricted to walking at present. However, I am hopeful that I can resume my gym attendance in the next few weeks. It has been tough going from 6 high impact classes a week to such limited activity so I am excited to resume exercise to further enhance the fantastic result my surgeon has given me!

Week 9

4 months

4 months post-op and I just keep getting happier with my new tummy! My surgeon has now signed me off and I am looking forward to resuming my full exercise regime having resumed only Spinning at 10 weeks. I'm still not used to what I see in the mirror and I'm staggered at the response of other people. My confidence is slowly increasing and shopping is a whole new experience! Can't wait to go bikini shopping for my trip to Aruba in July! To anyone considering a tummy tuck, whilst all surgery carries risk, you have so much to gain by having this procedure. I was terrified but it truly has been life changing and I am so glad i did it. That said, I had an amazing surgeon. Research thoroughly and choose carefully.

5 months

First Bikini in years!

First bikini in years!

London Plastic Surgeon

By his own admission, Mr Banwell is not big on self promotion. It therefore gives me great pleasure to do some promotion on his behalf! I would highly recommend Mr Banwell to anyone considering an elective cosmetic procedure - he is simply brilliant. From initial consultation I found Mr Banwell approachable and amenable. He is incredibly honest and transparent and, most importantly, very human. He was realistic in terms of my individual surgical outcomes and explained these thoroughly giving me clearly defined expectations. Mr Banwell's manner is such that trust and faith is immediately elicited. He patiently dealt with my fears and at my planning consultation listened to all my questions and answered them honestly and thoroughly. He manages patient expectations exceedingly well and offers fantastic encouragement through the recovery process. He is full of praise for you as the patient, all the while being self-deprecating and modest about his role as surgeon. This praise and encouragement really helped me at my one week and 17 day post-operative appointments having had the time at home wondering if everything is progressing as it should. I am now 19 days post-op and aesthetically I could not be happier. I am almost fully upright and was able to come off pain medication at 10 days. The bruising from the liposuction Mr Banwell performed is minimal and swelling is only really of slight annoyance late in the day. I am thrilled with my new tummy and still cannot quite believe it is mine when I see it! As well as the aesthetic benefit, the emotional and psychological difference this had made to me is huge and for that I cannot thank Mr Banwell enough.