52 Yr Old Getting Revalift and CO2 Laser Resurfacing

I had a TT and lipo almost 5 months ago and the...

I had a TT and lipo almost 5 months ago and the only other cosmetic surgery I really wanted after that is a lower facelift as I hate my saggy neck and jowls. I met with Dr. Nease and he suggested Revalift with CO2 laser resurfacing of the face. I have only a two week frame for recovery before heading back to work as a teacher and he assures me that is completely doable. For information purposes because Dr. Nease has developed the Revalift here is the details on it as per his website:

"RevaLift is a new concept developed by Dr. Carey Nease here at Southern Surgical Arts. It is designed to provide mid-range facial rejuvenation for women and men who want to combat signs of aging. Results are more extensive than a laser face lift but not as comprehensive as a full cosmetic face lift.

RevaLift differs from a cosmetic face lift in several ways. It focuses on revitalizing the lower face, targeting the upper neck and jowl. It does not address the eyes or brow or the lower neck. The procedure is recommended for adults who have developed mild to moderate jowls or excess skin on the upper neck, and perhaps some deep laugh lines around their mouth. RevaLift is a surgical procedure that typically takes about an hour and a half. It is performed using local anesthetic and IV sedation. First, the surgeon uses a laser to melt fat under the skin and heat the skin. This allows for shorter incisions, helps the skin tighten as it heals, and reduces downtime. The surgeon then makes incisions (about half the length of those needed for a cosmetic face lift) and removes excess skin. Before closing, deep stitches are put into the muscles in front of the ears, which enables results to last longer.

Because the incisions are so much smaller, scars are smaller. They are well-hidden along the hair line, in the ear and part way up the backside of the ear. Following surgery, most patients will experience only modest swelling or bruising. Total downtime is 7-10 days, compared to two to three weeks for a cosmetic face lift."

I will post "before" photos soon :-)

Quick Addition to Review

My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 16 and I have two weeks home for recovery before going back to work. I am pretty sure other than some residual swelling I won't have much in the way of issues going back to work from the facelift. A little more concerned about the laser resurfacing recovery but Dr. Nease assures me that I will be ready. I of course will be scouring all reviews here on to see how others have done and are doing with their recoveries!

One week Pre Op

A week to go and the nerves are up and down as is typical before surgery. I try to imagine the recovery, the results and plan ahead as best as possible. Working on my shopping list, trying to get ahead of all my Christmas shopping as well. The surgery to do list now is: Revalift lower face lift, CO2 laser resurfacing and Volbella lip injections, upper back lipo and tummy tuck scar revision. My Tummy tuck doctor will do the lipo first, then they roll me over and he will do the scar revision while his partner, my facial PS, will work on my face. I think I am more nervous about the CO2 laser although I know that the lipo will probably be the most painful part of the recovery. Hopefully I will be able to stand up straight soon after the scar revision (fix dog ears and remove little vertical scar that shows above panty line.) I have also planned a haircut just before I go back to work to help throw of the obvious cause of the changes in my appearance. I have been trying to do tons of research on make up after CO2 and I am praying I won't be too red when I go back to work. Really hoping it helps with the sebaceous hyperplasia spots on my face too. Also looking forward to being able to wear a high neck shirt without a saggy chin hanging down over it. I am adding before lower face photos and hopefully in a week or so will have some good after photos!
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon