Happy 30th to Me! - Charlotte, NC

In 2009 I read this amazing article in WIRED...

In 2009 I read this amazing article in WIRED magazine about a procedure that could transfer fat from different parts of your body to your breasts. Being a small 32a, I was instantly intrigued as I did not like the idea of having a foreign object (such as an implant) inserted into my body. At the time, however, fat transfer was not widely used and the cost was about $15k! I had to put my boob dreams to rest since I was making minimum wage and still trying to make it through college.

Over the years I intermittently researched and went back and forth over taking the plunge or not. I am pretty petite, but I was what you'd call a skinny-fat girl... Small with no muscle or definition. I started working out and got to a place where I felt pretty good about my body. But not matter how much I exercise, the only thing I can't change is the size of my breasts. I finally really buckled down this year, and having fat transfer was all I could think about. I'm at a good place in my life, finances settled, and am approaching my 30th birthday. So I thought, "why the hell not"?

I spent a very long time doing research, most of it spent on this website. Between this site and a handful of others like it, Dr. Bernard was the obvious choice for me. The cost is higher than some, but i truly believe you get what you pay for. So far, the cost has definitely been with it.

The pain has been tolerable. The hardest thing for me is sleeping through the night. The pain pills, Valium, and ice packs have helped for sure. I was worried about the constipation, as many of the ladies on here have noted. I took 300mg of stool softener the night before, and then 100mg at every meal. That system worked out pretty well as I had my first BM this morning! Yay!

I'm on day two post op and will post more photos as I go along. For now I'm just posting my pre op photos.

Will update again soon.

Days 1-3

Days 1&2
Just a lot of icing, relaxing, and binge watching Netflix. Haha. The pain was not too terrible. I took one pain pill about every 6 hrs. I went on a short walk on day 2 which was nice, but try not to over do it.

Day 3
I flew home this morning and waited to get home before I showered. The flight was not bad... Got up a few times to walk around. The shower was mediocre. I liked getting clean but I'm one of those people who likes to have the water the temperature of the earth's core, so it wasn't that amazing. The photos of my legs look gruesome, I know. I naturally bruise very easily, so I was expecting as much. The bruising definitely looks worse than it feels. I'm doing extra icing today! Other than that, I'm excited about the results.

Notes
- Bring as many ice packs as you can!
- If you can, get protein shakes. We got the muscle milk brand which has 20 grams of protein and only 130 calories per bottle.

Day 5

Everything is going well still. The bruising on my legs is still pretty dark, but I believe the Arnicare cream is helping. The swelling in my upper thighs has gone down, but remains on the lower part near my knees. I think I need to up my fluids, so that is the plan going forward.

I forgot to post my stats when I started, so here they are for those interested.

Bra: 32a
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 117lb
Waist: 25"
Hips: 37"

I don't want to do too many update measurements since I'm still swollen, but my bra size rn is a very full 32b, small 32c. Fingers crossed most of it stays!

Week 1 done!

I'm generally feeling better. Boobs are still pretty hard, but I think the volume has retained. The bruising has subsided a little bit. My legs are still the biggest annoyance. My knees decided to start swelling and it's making the bottom of my garment a pain.

My garment is also getting itchy, so I'm excited to reach 2 weeks so I can graduate to my spanx!

Here are some comparison photos day 3 vs 1 week.

Week 2

HUGE improvement in bruising...I look like a real person now.

I had my sutures removed because they were annoying me, and I asked one of the wonderful nurses at Dr Bednar's office and got the OK. The incisions are still healing so I'll post closer photos when they look a little nicer.

Overall super happy, but nervous to see how much fat stays. I'm liking how they look now, but I'm expecting them to go down a bit.

Exercise question

Has anyone started any kind of light exercises after the 2 week mark? I'm wondering if doing just squats or some ab moves would be harmful or helpful at this stage.

Week 3

Nothing big here. Haven't lost volume as far as I can tell. Just want my 1 month consult to get the ok to get out of the dang garments!

1 Month Down!

Hello ladies. My one month mark has come and gone. I'm having my 1 month post op phone appointment with Dr B next Monday. Really hoping for the ok to stop wearing my garments!

So far I have not seen too much of volume loss, more softening and settling. I am starting a real exercise regimen this week to help slim my tummy area back down.

A question I have for Dr B is about one of my lipo areas--it looks like I have a crease under my right butt crease. So, I have a cool double butt thing going on which I'm hoping I can just get rid of through building muscle. My ass has never been all that, and I've been expecting to do a lot of glute work afterwords anyhow. I'm just hoping he's had other patients that have overcome this, or has ideas of how I can get rid of it.

Stats:
Bust: 32a to 32c/d
33" to 35.5"
Waist: 25" (no change here)
Hips: 37.5" to 37"

I'll keep you posted on the double butt and how the post op call went.

Post op call

Hello again!
I had my call earlier this week, actually, and it went well. I got the OK to stop wearing my garment unless I wanted it for support. Dr B was pleased with the results and I agreed!

For my double butt he suggested foam rolling that area and other lipo areas to start softening the scar tissue underneath. I used the foam roller before bed and I couldn't believe it, but the double crease had almost totally disappeared. So happy!

Someone had asked about my scars so I have posted ones of under my breasts and the two in front at the top of my thighs. I think they look darker in these pics and I have three more in the back but I didn't have my bf here to do photos for me like usual. :p I'm using Scaraway silicon scar sheets. It's been about 2 weeks, but results can take up to 8 weeks. Fingers crossed that they help flatten and fade.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bednar and his entire staff are friendly, knowledgeable, competent, and an overall pleasure to work with!