41 Year Old, 2 Kids, 5' 7", 140lbs, Fat Transfer to the Breasts - Charlotte, NC

I have an athletic build and have always had small...

I have an athletic build and have always had small breasts. I breast fed both my boys. Because they are so small they aren't sagging and still actually have a nice shape. Per Victoria Secret I should wear a 32A bra. I really want more fullness and I'm tired of never filling out any of my cute clothes. Since I'm so active breast implants are a bit scary to me. I don't like the idea of more surgeries later on to remove them if there are problems and I really want natural breasts and not fake Barbie breasts. I know the new shaped implants are better but my husband hates the fact they jump and twitch and feel unnatural. For that reason after much research we have decided to get fat transfer done by Dr Bednar in Charlotte, NC. We went to visit him last fall and he seems to be the most knowledgeable and successful at this procedure than many of the plastic surgeons in my area. I am really excited about this even though I feel a bit guilty for spending so much on myself. My husband is excited too although he tells me every day that my breasts are great even though they are small. This site has been very useful in helping me come to my decision. I am so grateful to all who post and share their stories. It really does help put things into perspective for me.

Post op

Feeling a bit nervous but I believe I made the correct decision. Just completed all my forms am taking my vitamins and have all my mess filled and ready.

Day of surgery

Went in first thing and had a very nice nurse who walked me through everything. The anesthesiologist was also very friendly and knowledgeable. I felt like I was in great hands. Just before the procedure Dr Bednar came in and marked me up. I layer down and barely remember being woken up and escorted to my car. Dr Bednar told my husband he transferred 655cc to each breast from my sides hips and thighs. It was a bit rough that day but I was feeling much better by Sunday.

3 days post op

I only took the pain mess for one day. Am still taking all my vitamins and an antibiotic. Will be off of those by 2 weeks post op. Getting around okay but still taking it easy. I got to shower today and I look like a coloring book. The lipo areas are very numb and tender but overall I'm feeling pretty good.

2 weeks post op

Done with all my vitamins and antibiotic and am back to work. Still getting use to this garment I am wearing. Glad the weather turned cool it is actually helping keep me warm. This was the perfect time of year to do this for sure. Covered up in layers. A bit bruised but the arbacare is working nicely

3 weeks post op

Feeling much more like myself now. The bruising is almost gone. I'm up to my usual 15,000 steps a day. My husband and I went to look at bras on Saturday just curious if what I'd be in. I tried on a 32c and I was coming out of the sides. Tried on a 34c and it was pushing the top of my breast flat. Still too early to buy anything but my guess is I'll end up around a 34 or 32c by the end of this or hope so anyway.

2 month pics

I am almost completely back to normal other than not doing any heavy exercising still. There is still a little bit of numbness on my lipo areas and my breasts are feeling almost completely normal again. I am still very pleased with the results. Love my new shape and am getting excited about buying some new bras in another month. :)

3 month post op

Okay I have made it past 3 months now and I couldn't be happier with my results. I am officially a 34c which is 3 sizes larger than I started with a 32a. This month I'm going to start all my exercise routines again and I just got new sport bras and every day bras. Really excited about the changes. I feel like I'm large enough to look nice in most things but still small enough to easily sleep and exercise with little impact. Very happy with the results and can't say enough nice things about Dr Bednar and his staff. I'd totally do this again. Breasts feel very natural and look very natural. I have all of my feeling back and my husband is thrilled as well. If you are thinking about fat transfer I'd definitely consider dr Bednar.

It was difficult to avoid sleeping on my tummy for three months but it was well worth it. If you can stick with no smoking or drinking and eating lots of protein for three months it pays off. :). Really happy.

3 months post op pics

4 month update

Okay at the end of February I went back to "normal" activity. I sleep on my tummy, exercise as usual, and wear a bra only when I feel like it. Got all new bras from Adore Me and am in a 34c. Also got some new swim suits as well. Really pleased with my results. They look totally natural and no one has asked or suspects a thing. :) everything is pretty much back to normal with regards to feeling, swelling and exercise. I do push ups, pull ups, weights and yoga again with no issues.

He was great and so was his team. Very professional and courteous.