Rhinoplasty damn you SC filters

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Omg I've been contemplating this for 4 years now...

Omg I've been contemplating this for 4 years now I'm ready. I don't have a huge nose nor has it ever been discussed or made fun of. It is actually a typical size nose when I'm not smiling however when I smile it creates very deep laugh lines and even makes my bags under my eyes which by the way I had remove look larger than normal. It also spreads when I laugh it is very annoying so therefore when I take pictures I never show my teeth I can simply smile with my eyes or a slight grin which defeats the purpose of the dimples that I paid for. So I research doctors in the one I found that I absolutely positively love was in Beverly Hills California he was the one who said that not only did I need a nose job but also I needed a chin implant as well as cheek fillers this would better Define my face and give me more of a girly female type look instead of my current masculine look. However the problem with that is is that he was all the way in Beverly Hills California and I am all the way in Charlotte North Carolina and to top it off he wanted $17,000 that I could not afford being a single mom. So I decided I would save my money and wait well four years later I still don't have the $17,000 mainly because I really wanted this nice BMW LOL LOL. So I'll be 35 next year and I decided that by my 35th birthday I wanted my entire face done so I am saving $2,000 a month and I am getting my face done I have two doctors and my one is dr. Choe who is located in Virginia he's 5 hours away and that's scary for me because no one knows that I'm getting this done and I am going by myself I will have to get a nurse to Stay With Me the first 24 hours and of course I would have to pay for her and then I would have to stay there for an additional 7 Days the problem with that is that I have a child and I need someone to be here with her so I don't think that's the best solution for me my next option is a doctor here in Charlotte North Carolina I have two appointments one in Ballantyne with the dr. Lisker and the other is in Charlotte with dr. Kushner I see them the last week in November in the first week of December after seeing both of those doctors I'll make my mind up as to which doctor I should go to my only problem with dr. Lisker thus far is that he is not a facial plastic surgeon and I prefer a facial plastic surgeon because that's their specialty and if I'm going to get anything done to my face I want to go to the best my only problem with dr. Kushner is that he starts off his rhinoplasty that $10,000 that does not include my chin and my cheeks and I'm not sure if I can honestly say for that however anything good is worth waiting for it so if I have to push my surgery date out until January then I will and also dr. Kushner the surgery only 8 weeks after you have your initial consultation which means that I cannot have surgery regardless until January which is fine because my 35th birthday is not until April anyway so I will keep you guys posted on how it goes with both doctors in the cost because I notice I rarely see anyone mention cost on the site which is like so beneficial for me

Ideal Nose

These are pics of ppl that hand a similar nose prior to their rhinoplasty

Snapchat filtered

My wish nose and face

My current and filtered look

I don't want to take 30 pictures to get 1 good one. I don't want to tilt my head or go to an app or only smile without showing my teeth. I'm over it. I want to be photogenic even off guard and not be concerned with the focal point of my face.

Tomorrow my consultantion 11/22

I am hoping to get surgery on the 20th of December. If this appointment makes me feel comfortable I'll leave a deposit tomorrow with Premier and come into the new year with a new face. I'm excited and nervous. Does anyone have a list of questions I can or should ask?

READY, SET, GO! December 19th 6am

I wrote a long review it was erased so now I'm going to summarize.

Chin is $3k only noticeably from a side view, questioning if it's worth it.

Cheeks will be done when the swelling subsides it's an out patient procedure $900 a syringe I will need 2 it'll last 2 years.

Procedure date December 19th I have to stop taking vitimans because they increase the swelling time, thins my blood and increases my likelihood of bruising.

See the pic attached this is the chin, cheekindly and nose digital image. Keep in mind this is simply moving colors on my face so the interpretation is not the best but I showed him pics of what I wanted to achieve so he gets the gist. The day of the surgery I'm taking a photo album of noses to ensure he creates my bridge correctly.

6 Days left

Today I went in for my post op appt. I received 4 prescriptions (2 pain pills, 1 nausea repository, 1 antibiotic) They provide me with a cute bag with nasal spray, q-tips, galls, arnika, tape, alcohol pads, & ointment, I am going to walmart to buy 4 humidifers, 3 cases of water, throat lozenges. I left my list in the car sorry. I'll take a pic. I am getting an open rhino with a gortex implant, smaller bulbous, nostrils and side profile evened out. He is not breaking my nose. The surgery is expected to last 2 hours. I will have Surgery at 6:30am and return on Dec 26th to get my cast removed. I am meal prepping with liquids mainly because I read several people could not chew. I am excited and nervous.

Clarity

Okay ladies let me put some clarity around this nose thing.. First is that I have been researching for a very long time (we'll over 4years) I have paid for 3 consultations and had 3 free consultationshipping. I was referred to this doctor by 3 ppl and only 1% of facial plastic surgeons are triple board certified and after checking his credentials he is apart of the one percent. I love exclusivity!!

Also he is known for African American rhinoplasty. I've expressed my desires and I'm going into this mentally prepared for a drastic change because after all its my face and I love my face I'm just fine tuning it. Lol lol

So I've attached more photos of my current and desired.

Less than 5 days left

So I will pick up my scripts this evening and purchase the remainder of my items. Here are some noserious jobs that made a huge difference to the overall smile and look.

Working out

So I work out religiously but was told no gym for 4 weeks I think I'm going to go crazy however I will listen

2 days left

So I started my arnica today twice a day until Monday and my antibiotic tomorrow 3 times a day until the surgery. My crazy self went and got an IUD put in today and the cramps were horrible and I refuse to take medication I'm fearful of anything outside of what they prescribed in my system. Lesson learned yall. Now I did more research and wanted to show you all how a gortext implant look and the tips I'm avoiding.

My walmart hall

So this is my 5below and walmart Hall. I forgot my tv table because I work from home I need to be on my laptop for 8 hours.

I had surgery yesterday

So I think every thing went well. It lasted almost 4 hours. The cast is on so I can't see anything but I hopeful. Now let me tell you get some halls!!!! They are imperative they help my mouth from getting super dry and soothing to my throat because I had the tube down there. Chewing is not an issue at all I just don't have an appetite. I have bruising under both eyes and swollen lips, cheeks, hell my entire face lol lol .

3day post op

So I'm retaining my fluids in my eyes for some reason. Ive started putting peas on them I hope it helps. I have a mask that you can put ice in but it feels heavy across my bridge.

4 days post op

Chipmunk cheeks, swollen eyes, oily skin. But no pain. Ohh what sucks the most is that im a foodie and can't taste ish.... but my appetite is back so that's good. I'm drinking 5 bottles of 16.9floz waters because my mouth is so dry.

5 days post op

Imy not sure if it's 5 or 4 days things are starting to blur together lol lol. I started back wearing my contacts on the 22nd I had a Web meeting and I couldn't see the screen and didn't get directions on how to tape my glasses to my forehead so I hadon't no choice. For those thinking why didn't you take a week off because Im a consultant and if I don't work I don't get paid. I simply said I was getting over a horrible cold and they said get better. Really and Truly (in my Joanne voice) they need to worry about their lives and their careers lol lol . Anyway I haven't missed one day of work and at $50/hr I'm sure you would have done the same thing. After all I still need my chin, cheeks and microblading to my eyebrows.. My life gone be LIT 2017..
Lol lol So things are moving along I'm just ready to get breath again (in my toni Braxton voice). I've been eating meals I had prepped by a health restaurant and drinking water my three cases. One of the Real Selfers suggested pineapple juice so i may try that once she tells me the purpose of it. Next time I'll post it'll be cast removal I'm expecting a huge tip from swelling and my tip to be pointed up because it needs to settle. But we shall see..

Cast off today

So this journey has been bitter sweet. The breathing through my mouth was the worst ordeal EVER!!! I can say that if I needed a revision I would really have to HATE my nose because this was horrible. So any way..

My face is still swollen and my bridge. My nostrils are uneven and to me it's slightly shifted to the right. And I don't like it's pointed up.

I was told any revision I need would be done free and he said he's never had to do one so he is worried about it. He said the nostrils are swollen and they will be asymmetrical and it needs to settle for the tip to go down. I wanted to keep the slope I had on my bridge between my eyes he said it would go down as well and it's only been a week. My follow up appt is in 6 weeks I'll try to post a pic a week. Be honest ladies let me know your thoughts.

Oh yeah I have stitches under my top lip at the top.. did anyone else get stitches there? What's the purpose?

One last thing is that I looking for a surgery buddy to go to Tijuana back to the doctor that did my breast. If anyone is going to doctor Fuentes in Jan please private message me ill give you details

2 weeks so far

So I have so much to say but will be brief. The first is that when you build out a bridge on your nose prepare your mental for change. I've lived with my nose for 34 years so for my entire face to morph because of something as simple as a nose is amazing. I was not shocked because your nose is the focal point of your face however I am amazed at how I think I look drastically different and non of my family noticed and I saw them day 10 after surgery. My stitches hadn't dissolved fully so I blamed the grease (eucrin) on myour allergies acting up and ppl already know I prevent my nose from peeling from constantly blowing when I do have the sniffles. It went over like a charm. Due to the swelling it doesn't look as tiny as it will eventually. So now theyll think this slow gradual change is aging or just not notice at all which i think is pretty cool. Something else is that my nose is numb the tip and top nostrils so i cant feel my nose running until it hits my lip or the wind hits it and the chill tells me its wet. That sucks.

I saw some girls had to massage their noses i was told not to touch mine. I waa told i could clean it with my facial soap extremely gently with my finger tips. I typically use the spin brush to scrub my face so this is very hard for me to see there is clearly a layer of dead skin but i canr scrub to clean. The struggle uggghh

It used to hurt to sneeze because my nostrils expanded but im guessing its healed because i no longer have to hold them to sneeze so that's great. My smile is not back maybe 60% but something still feels funny. I put on makeup today and contoured my nose out of habit and it was like a straight line on my face lol lol I immediately wiped my dark sides away to give me a nose lol lol . I hit it twice the first time my baby hit me dead in the face it was throbbing and stopped eventually. The worst hit was looking through my peep hole and smashing it. I guess I underestimated the length to this bad boy lol lol its like Tucan Sam I swear lol lol. But I was putting on a turtle neck and pulled the back down and didnt realize the hem was tighter than expected it got stuck on my nose and 8 hours later it's still throbbing it looks the same but I felt that and WILL NEVER make that mistake again. So anyway here are my 2 week pics.

Btw I still sleep with my neck pillow and will until my 8 week follow up. I don't want to chance it. I'm not in any pain but I do often have throbbing or tightening.

Week 3 yall

So I read so many stories of good days and bad days. Everyday my nose looks the same. I have not experienced additional swelling on one side or the other, or different foods having different effects. If you ask me if look the same from week 1 til now. I know this is a looooonnnnnggggg process so honeatly I don't even look for changes. My primary concern is when can I use my scrub machine to give it a good wash. My finger tips are not helpful to the build up. But other than that no pain, no bleeding, no nothing. I will say this thou my nose is still numb and runs periodically and I can't feel it until drips, which is so gross. Ohh I still sleep on my neck pillow as well and will until my 8 week follow-up.

Week 4

Real life
1:13
Hey yall... nothing has changed for me. I think the changes are so small that week to week is just expecting to much. So I'll stop updating weekly but instead update monthly or with new procedures. I have 3 changes smile direct, cheek fillers, microwaving. So which ever comes first I will be updating accordingly along with monthly nose check ins.

4 week post op