44 Year Old Mother of 3 Looking Forward to my Tummy Tuck Surgery - Charlotte, NC

I am 44 years old with 3 children and an amazing...

I am 44 years old with 3 children and an amazing husband I have been wanting to have a tummy tuck for 10 years. I finally decided to just do it! I wish I didn't have to wait until December but my Doctor was book out through November. I plan on documenting my journey from the beginning to the end. I am hoping my story will help others who are considering having this surgery feel comforted knowing they are not alone.

This is really happening!

I dropped off my FMLA paperwork today at my Doctors office and suddenly it became real that I was actually going to be rid of the bulge. I am really getting nervous now. If I feel like this now I can't imagine how I am going to feel after my pre-op appointment in November. I've had surgery before and I am very confident in my Doctor but I can't shake these array of feelings. Is this normal?

Getting really nervous with 12 days to go for my TT flanks lipo surgery!

I'm wondering if it is normal to be this nervous before surgery. I have had surgeries before but I don't remember feeling this much anxiety. I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow. I am hoping my PP will be able to ease my worries. The crazy thing is, I'm not nervous about recovery (which I really should be). I am nervous about the surgery and the length of the procedure which is estimated at 5 hours. I can say that this site has been a life saver! I find myself feeling better when I read about all of the positive results but the minute I stop the nervousness kicks back in. Is this normal? Is anyone else feeling this way?

Pre-op complete the next stop is the OR!

I had my pre-op appointment last week. I received all of my prescriptions. I was advised to start a vitamin regimen (Ester Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and a Multi Vitamin from a plant source). I had to purchase the vitamins from a natural foods health store. During the pre-op appointment I signed all of the consent forms and basically went over what to expect on the day of and after the surgery. After reading numerous reviews from his site I didn't feel like I learned anything new except she told me the lipo incisions will leak for a little while. She advised me to put old sheets on the bed so that they don't get ruined. She also said some people place maxi pads over the lipo incisions to aid with the fluid leakage. I think I am ready just really nervous with only 6 days to go!

Tomorrow is the BIG day!

I am ready! I have my overnight bag packed. I didn't pack much a rob, warm socks and a jumpsuit to wear home. Ohhh I almost forgot the most important item...my bikini bottom! My PS wants me to bring the bottom to make sure my incision is low enough not to be visible when wearing a bikini. Wow I can believe I am going to be able to wear a bikini! I will start my first dose of Arnica tonight. Arnica was prescribed to reduce bruising, swelling and soreness. My PS also recommended taking a stool softener today. My procedure is estimated to take 5 hours tomorrow. Well ladies here I go! I will post tomorrow as soon as I am awake and alert. To all of my December 5th surgery buddies good luck tomorrow! See you on the flat side!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ferrari is amazing. Ten years ago I had Dr. Ferrari complete my breast augmentation surgery. It was the best decision I ever made. I went from a 34A Cup to a full 34 C Cup. My breast look very natural. I didn't have a tummy tuck then because I wasn't sure if I wanted more children. Three years ago I had my last child. When I started thinking about having my TT I visited several Doctors. When I visited Dr. Ferrari's office for the first time in 9 years I suddenly realized why I choose him in he first place. He made me feel comfortable, he answered all of my questions and the office staff were very supportive. I can't wait to see my TT results.