64 Year Old Aussie Grandmother and It is Now Time for a Facelift - India

If I had been able to afford this procedure 10...

If I had been able to afford this procedure 10 years ago I would have had a full facelift back then. But I could not afford it, so longed for the day I could have may face adjusted to fit what I felt was "the real me". I often caught sight of myself in the mirror and saw my mother looking back. I loved my mother dearly, but it was very disturbing seeing my mother's face. The face I saw did not look like "me".
Also, I just wanted to look as good as possible for myself.... and for my kids.
I work full time and enjoy my work, so I intend to continue working for quite a few more years yet.
In the workplace looks matter. Clients have less confidence in someone they think should be in retirement :)

Day 1 Full neck and face lift at CCRS Thane, INDIA.

I went into the OT expecting to come out looking like I had been hit by a truck. I was prepared for swollen black eyes, generalized swelling and much bruising. I also expected to have to sleep in a semi-sitting position, propped up with pillows. And because I also expected that my vision would be blurred due to swollen eyelids and the creams applied to my face, I had downloaded music and audiobooks to listen to for the first couple of days post op.
BUT GUESS WHAT! NONE OF THIS HAPPENED! I came out looking pretty good!
They took me into the OT and I think I counted a total of 9 theater staff. I felt in safe hands.
Dr SameerKarkhanis is my Plastic Surgeon, and in him I have great faith. He was assisted by the equally skilled Plastic Surgeon Dr Bijoy Methil and the Anesthetist was the very calming, soothing Dr Arun Devarjan. ( I researched these guys before I came to India - they are world class in their field). I felt very clam - well, almost.. Dr Sameer always plays music throughout his procedures, and in my honor he had playing "40 years of Australian Rock". Ha Ha. The last thing I remember was AC/DC rocking through the OT.

Day 3. Hair washed and drain out

Day 3 and feeling good. Pain free. The expected feeling of tightness and some numbness.
(And, just in the way of a small typo correction - I felt CALM going into OT, not clam - maybe a bit clammy?)

Day 3 - Dressing off. Drain out. Head Bra on.

Dr Sameer came in about 8.30 am and removed the dressing. Then the drain - totally painless!
Today I start wearing the 'head bra'. It's light weight and comfortable.
The sutures are tiny.( Dr Sameer NEVER uses those nasty staples).
And hardly a bruise to be found anywhere.

Day 7. Full face and neck lift at CCRS Thane, INDIA.

Day 7 and recovery has been uneventful. I'm feeling great. Still have chipmunk cheeks, duck lips and panda eyes, but improving each day. Sutures have been taken out, with the exception of 3 in my right ear. These will come out in a few days.
I just cannot believe how fine that surgical scar is. By Day 7 it is quite easy to conceal under my hair. Dr Sameer certainly does great work!
Slight bruising under the eyes needs a little makeup to hide it - or I just use sunglasses when I go shopping. A pair of sunnies and a scarf are my new( second-best) friends! Dr Sameer and his staff at CCRS are top of my best friends list.
I am staying in Dr Sameer's Clinic during recovery. The staff are great and I feel like I'm just part of a big family. Food, nursing care and all medications are supplied as part of the package. And I am not the only client staying. There are a couple of other international clients taking advantage of the accommodation and care package. We have a lot of fun. CCRS is a happy place and I'm never bored. I just might cry a few tears when I have to go home to Australia.

Day 13. Full facelift at CCRS, Thane INDIA

Day 13 and still have some under eye bruising. Lips still pouty and some swelling of cheeks and under chin. But I know I will look really good when all this settles back to a more "normal" look.
I put a little eyeliner on and lipstick for these photos, but nothing else.

Day 14. Facelift at CCRS in Thane, INDIA.

Two weeks to the day since surgery. The scars are looking good and are easily hidden. I think Dr Sameer is a genius. ( I usually bruise very easily!)

Day 15. Facelift at CCRS, Thane, INDIA.

Day 15 after Dr Sameer performed my facelift and I am very, very pleased with his work. Looking better every day.

BEFORE & AFTER Facelift by Dr Sameer Karkhanis, CCRS, Thane, INDIA

These photos were taken one day before surgery and 12 days after surgery.
India Plastic Surgeon