24 Years Old, Septhorhinoplasty - Charlotte, NC

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have always been very uncomfortable with my...

I have always been very uncomfortable with my nose, especially from profile view. It was clearly too large for my face early on, but my parents insisted I'd grow into. (I did not.) After a tractor tire swing smashed by nose in elementary school, my already large nose took a new shape and I started to develop breathing issues. My seasonal allergies became a problem and get worse every year. Some days in the spring, I can hardly breathe through either nostril, but taking allergy meds have done nothing.
After years of wishing I had relief from struggling to breathe; and pining for a normal looking nose and I'm so happy to say I've finally taken the leap into plastic surgery!
Thus far, I've had 2 consultations with Drs. recommended by my uncle, who is also a plastic surgeon. So, I felt his suggestions were very honest & helpful.
The first Dr. was a board-certified plastic surgeon and didn't specialize in facial plastics. She did do rhinoplasty surgeries often, but suggested I have a rhinoplasty procedure done with her and to visit an ENT for an additional surgery (endoscopic nasal surgergy)...long story short: This was not the Dr. for me.
The consultation with Dr. #2 went so much better. My appointment was at Carolina Facial Plastics with Dr. Kulbersh in late June 2016. He is double board-certified in facial plastics as well as ENT. During my app he took his time explaining everything to both my boyfriend and I about what was achievable and how he would go about improving my nose. After taking photos, we went to the computer imaging. He showed me slight changes to my nose, but they made a significant difference. He also suggested a small chin implant to supplement my rhinoplasty. I see the implant balancingbalancing my face, but I'm still not 100% sold on it yet.
My appointment for septhorhinoplasty is scheduled bright and early on September 26, 2016. I have a 2 week pre-op. appointment with Dr. Kulbersh and will make my final decision on the chin implant then.
I'll post updates and pics as the date nears. I'm so excited to get started!

*the total est. price is for BOTH the septhorhinoplasty and chin implant.

Before pics

New surgery date set!

I ended up canceling my surgery last September due to a number of things happening in my life. I'm currently back on track and have a new surgery date set for July 17th, 2017. My pre-op visit is scheduled for July 10th.
I can't believe I'm actually going through with it. I'm so excited and nervous!
Also, I'm pretty positive I won't be getting the chin implant.

Surgery done!

Hello all, it is the evening after surgery for me. I went into the hospital at 5:30am and surgery was at 7:30am on 7/17/17. My doctor said the procedure went very well and it took around 4 hours to complete. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better doctor and staff to take care of me. Everybody has been so attentive and wonderful. Dr. Kulbersh is awesome!
I am pretty swollen around my eyes and sides of my nose. I look fairly ridiculous but cannot wait to see what my nose will look like after cast removal next Monday 7/24/17.
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon