Fat Transfer Around Eyes/mid Face. M 40 - Carmel Valley, CA

So I've long been unhappy with my the deepening...

So I've long been unhappy with my the deepening fat loss around my eyes and especially in the tear trough. Which coupled with my thinning and pale white skin gives it a purple and crepey appearance. I know this is a common problem and others tell me they don't notice, etc etc, but that doesn't make it easier to deal with. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this site, and since I used realself numerous times I feel I should leave a review a full year after my procedure.

So, I'm an idiot, and apparently my doctor and I got onto a different idea what "around the eyes meant" I will take the blame for this as the results are very subtle and really impressive they just are not centered in the tear troughs. More around fat loss I personally didn't notice until I saw the before/after pics. So yes you read that right, I waiting a year (as fat transfer takes time to take effect) told doctor Karam I wasn't happy because my eyes were still the same. He shows me the pics and goes I didn't put fat under your eyes I put it around them and it looks great. And as sure I was that I'd get into an argument with him about it, when I saw the pics I couldn't deny it. I looked 10 years younger and much more masculine trust me I get a lot of "no way you are over 40" comments so others also see it. I still get carded for alcohol by people in their 30's. I'm not kidding.

So I don't want to ramble on, check the pics and see for yourself. Dr. Karam is an artist with fat transfer and performed something so subtle I didn't even notice but all the disbelief that I'm not 25 from people that ARE actually 25 should have clued me in. I'll probably try some filler in the tear trough as that is still an issue with me, at certain angles and florescent lighting but I'm super happy with the fat transfer and realize fat isn't what I wanted in tear troughs anyway.

I wanted to post this, and I'll then throw up some obscured pics as I'm not comfortable with full face shots on inet.

Photo updates

So here are some pics that show the results. The side view was really the one where you can really see the difference, and the one where I understood what the doctor saw and what he fixed, where I was fixated on the tear trough. Which didn't contribute to my aging near as much as mid face fat loss.

picture resolution correction

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Karam is a pro and I think personally as a man, I would want a man to do the artistic touches on my face. Just because the difference between masculine and feminine is pretty small. He was more expensive then the other quotes I got but it was worth it to me to know I had someone who was a pro. For me the most important thing that happens after any surgery, is not that I look better it's that nothing negative happens. Do not doubt every year there are real people like you and me that lose vision due to fillers/fat transfer which would be an absolutely horrible experience. I had no complications at all. Some critical thoughts were. 1 I ended up skipping many of the checkup appt. during year of healing, just because everything was fine and doctor didn't spend a lot of time with me. And with traffic it was a pain to get back and forth on the 56 after work. 2. Dr. Karam did seem a bit hurried during one or two appts. and I can understand he hears the same fears/questions from so many patients but I would have given 5 stars if he had been more patient with a newbie like me. Don't get me wrong he was really good just I felt a little rushed.