44 Y/o Mommy Makeover Countdown After 80 Pound Weight Loss - Carmel, IN

First consultation is in 5 days. So nervous!! So...

First consultation is in 5 days. So nervous!! So many emotions coming at me right now.. Guilt for spending the $$, excitement to finally get rid of this gross hanging skin, and soo soo nervous!! Never dreamed that I would be scheduling plastic surgery. Currently 5'4" 150#. Would like to lose 10 more prior to surgery.

Consultation over... Surgery is scheduled for Sept 29th... It's getting real:-)

Ok, I have 52 days to get ready for this! Weight is at 148, slow going!! Starting to panic today for some reason. Does anyone have a list of the items that were helpful as far as showering, sleeping, toileting, pain, scar treatment, etc. and also a list of anything that was a waste of $$? Also, any helpful nutritional tips pre and post op for healing? Thanks for any help!

27 days to go

Just a little progress in the weight goal.. At 146 right now with under 4 weeks to go.. Trying to get in the best shape I can prior to surgery... Thanks so much to everyone's stories.. They are helping me prepare mentally for this????. Pics look a little better until I pull this stupid skin out.. Don't know how I allowed myself to feel bad about my body for so long????

Less than 2 weeks to go

I have to say, as excited as I have been to do this, I just wish the day was here already. It will be nice to be able to stop thinking and obsessing about it. Is it bad that I'm tired of thinking about it? Weight is still at 146.. Thinking that is where it's gonna stay????

9 days!!!!

9 days away!!! My mood goes from excited, to impatient, to terrified.. I'm all over the place.. These will be the last before pics I post.. Won't be losing any more weight... Didn't make it to my goal of 140# but I'm okay with that, I'm close.. I had to take my immunization record for my health screening for my new job today. It had my H&W from 1st-8th grade.. I weighed 120# by 6th grade and 141# by 8th grade!!! Food has always been my comfort/weakness... But the majority of my weight has been gone for 10 years, so I definitely feel ready to do this!! Time for some protein shakes and nutrition for healing:-)

5 days to go

Omg nerves!!!! Wish I could sleep through the next 4 days....

Scheduled to arrive at 5am, Surgery at 6am. Pretty much in a daze at this point...

Well, started my procedure 16 hours ago. Took approximately 4 hours. Everything went well. Pain is real, but not unbearable. So glad it's over, now time to re cooperate. Very sleepy as I'm typing so sorry for grammar. I was told that my skin that was removed weighed 4.5 pounds! I'll type more later, Gonna go back to sleep.

Post op day 1

Just a couple pics before I go back to sleep...

Post op day 1

Just a couple pics before I go back to sleep...

Better pics

2nd day post po

Wow, can't believe how good I am feeling. Thought it would be so much worse than this! So thankful. Tightness in chest, but not painful. Stomach hurts when transitioning from chair to standing, but that's getting better too. Hurts to cough. But really, just WOW

4 days post-op..

Last day that my hubby is staying home from work with me. But honestly, he's been busy outside and running back and forth to Lowes. Haven't needed much help these last 2 days. Feeling icky, want to stop the pain pills d/t constipation, but I'm too sore to stop them entirely. Finally had a bm yesterday, about 5 incidents of diarrhea. I had given myself 4 doses of milk of mag, and taken stool softeners and I was soooo miserable and swollen.. so 2 ex-lax did the job.. feel pretty good in the mornings, but the more I'm up and moving, I look pregnant I get so swollen.. used frozen peas on these crazy breasts and on my swollen mons. Lipo there is NO JOKE!! Overall, can tell I am going to be happy with results.. crazy that this is just day 4 post-op!

9 days post op

A few updates pics.. feeling great:-) Just have to remind myself Not to overdo, because that's when I swell like crazy in my lower abdomen and that's when things start to ache.. breasts are not settling in at the same time (go figure????) Still, extremely happy with results this early in. Wow, I REALLY need to do some squats when I am able.. ZERO butt going on ????. Have a blessed day everyone. Prayers and positive thoughts for all upcoming surgeries:-).

Not for the squeamish:-(

Looks like I am getting an infection on my areola and incision... will be calling my PS in the am:-( Things were going too well!!

Dr today

Ok, saw my PS today. Dr. Turkle is so good at explaining things and making me feel listened to. The redness was gone today, and the area that I thought was infected, just needs for me to stop putting bacitracin on it constantly so that it can dry up and eventually, the top layer will come off to reveal healthy tissue underneath... I am not a smoker, but have not had the best circulation to my breast, which can series cause this.. so, long story short, not infected, nothing major... will turn out ok in the end... I need to have patience:-)

Updated pics

Feeling pretty good:-) Trying to be patient. Lots of swelling once I'm up and moving around.. but I just remind myself to look at my before pics!! Can't say enough about Dr. Turkle.
Scheduled with Turkle and Associates

Extremely professional up to this point, will update after consult:-)