37 Yr Old Momma, Wife, and Teacher - Cape Girardeau, MO

Had surgery Dec 16th. I was so prepared to have...

Had surgery Dec 16th. I was so prepared to have this surgery when I scheduled the consultation. Yesterday I was not mentally prepared at all. I was an emotional basket case to say the least. Spiritually I was prepared if something bad happened. I cried up till the time they rolled me into surgery. When I received the med to knock me out I tried sooooo hard to fight it. It over took me. Lol. When I woke up in recovery I was in pain. I had a burning sensation and was a bit nauseous. Got in the car and mother n law drove us home. Seemed like the longest 30 mins ever. I was so groggy and hurting. I've slept off and on. I have peed like a race horse too. Seems like that's all I'm doing. It hurts to pee and I have to push to pee. Anyone else having this experience of having to push to pee?
Am I happy I had this? Ask me when I'm not hurting. There are times I don't hurt as much then times when it's almost time for another pain pill that I am kinda shaking cause I hurt.
The reason I wanted this surgery was because I had separated and weakened abdominal muscles and wall from good olé genes. I've never had a baby or had any abdominal surgery to cause thw muscles to be like this. I have had people ask me if I was pregnant on multiple occasions. It bothered me. Times I would cry, laugh it off, or be offended by it. Depended on the time, day, or person that said it. Typical woman huh?
Dr is good. I like him a lot.
My goals are to take it easy, pray for God's comfort, peace, and ultimate healing, and take those pains pills on time!!

37 year old momma, wife ,and teacher

I am now 8 days post op. Dr. took both drains out today. OUCH! Prolly the most painful thus far. He said everything looks good. Yay! I was so glad to hear that. I was told that I needed to stand up more so I have. Boy it's a tight feeling. I absolutely love my new belly. I am so excited that I can now wear shirts/ pants and not have my belly hang over. I am one happy camper. I'd do it all over it again.

37 year old momma, wife, and teacher

It's been two weeks (yesterday). I am so swollen. I hope this is not what I will look like forever. I've been trying to stand straighter, but it bothers me because I can almost feel the stitches and it's so tight feeling.

37 year old momma, wife, and teacher

I'm post op 16 days today. Went to the mall and did some shopping. I am so wore out from the walking. Because I'm not fully standing straight people ask if I'm ok. Weather is yucky here so I'm resting now. I have to transfer pics from my phone to computer before I can upload pics to this site. I'm feeling way too lazy to do it now.

37 yr. old mom, wife, and teacher

Today is post op day # 22. Ps took steristrips off of incision and some skin came off as well. It's just a surface sore and thank God its not an open incision. Praying it heals quickly. It didn't hurt when he removed them at all. He said everything looks good...no sign of infection. Swelling is good for 3 weeks post op. I was told to wear a spank and not the cg anymore. 60$ dollars later I have two nice spanks. My belly feels sore,swollen, and jiggly even though it's flat without the cg or spank on. Its just a weird feeling. I'm so ready for summer time and to feel 100%.
Cape Girardeau Plastic Surgeon

He has a good bed side manner. Answered all my questions, and polite. I've had several friends that used him so I was confident in him.