20 Years Old, No Kids, Labiaplasty & Clitoral Hood Reduction. - Canada, CA

Hi there! I guess that my motivation was the...

Hi there!
I guess that my motivation was the same has lots of women out here! The size of my labia minora were causing me a lot of discomfort in daily activities. I thought about this procedure for 4 years before finding the courage to finally do it.

I had my procedure done on Tuesday the 26 of October.
This was a quick procedure, done under sedation and local anaesthesia . After 45 minutes, it was done!

Day 1 : after the surgery , i went home, applied ice and popped the pain pills. I slept well that night and not a lot of pain. I was extra swollen do!
Day 2 : I felt no pain at all. The area was a lot swollen thought, especially on my clitoral hood. I decided that i would lay in bed all day, with an ice-pack to calm the swelling. Has my surgeon told me, i applied Polysporin on the area every time i went to the bathroom. I took my first shower that day, letting some water mixed with soap fall on the area from my hand , to minimize the touching. I still felt no pain at all!

Day 3 : i lay in bed all of the morning. I had a little blood on my pad because yesterday night, i woke-up sleeping on one side by accident. i usually sleep on my back with a pillow under my hips, to minimize pressure on the swollen area. Still no pain, i feel that it is starting to heal because it gets kind of itchy down there during the day!
Today i will be driving for 2 hours to see my family , i hope for the best that it's not gonna leave me extra swollen! i will be driving with a icepack and sitting on a "U" cushion to minimize the impact.

In terms of appearance, it's pretty scary down there , just in time for halloween ;) . It doesn't look much like nothing for now on, pretty much just a bunch of reddish pieces of skin. (sorry for the mental picture) I am pretty optimistic thought, i'm already seeing that my labia minora won't be causing me trouble has it used to !

I will try to post some pictures soon , to give you an idea of my healing process. For all of you ladies, who are scared to have a labiaplasty, i would say that if it's truly for yourself, to feel confident, comfortable, you should really considered getting some more information about the procedure. But just has a reminder, really do it for yourself , not for an old stupid ass ex-boyfriend who would have made you feel that you're not good enough for him ;)
Keep that in mind ; you're all beautiful, and there's nothing wrong with you!!

Slow healer?

Hi there ! I was just wondering if you had some advice to speed up the healing process? I am currently 11 days post op and it seems like am i having difficulties to heal . I have a hole (wound) on my right labia who seemed to be really slow to heal , and i am quite conceirned. My surgeon told me that it was ok and that i dont have an infection, im just a slow healer , probably because she had to remove a lot of labia ( i was gifted with extra skin to give) Do you have some tricks ? I am currently applying ointment 2-3 times a day , letting the place dry and still icing because i am swollen . Thank you so much !:) p. S i am a vegetarian / mostly vegan , could it affect my ability to heal faster ?!

4 weeks out !

Hi ladies! I just wanted to update my review . I am a little sad this morning because i realised at 4 weeks out that i am not quitr happy with the results. The top og my labia minora are asymetric and they are definitly builkier than the rest of my labia. I definitly think that i will have a revision in january, i was hoping to know if you were satisfied first hand with yout operation or if some of you have done a touch-up? :(

4 weeks out

I just wanted to mention that i think that my surgeon did a good job , and i'm not mad at her for being careful and not wanting to take off too much labia, im just not totally satisfied with the results so far.**

really not pleased

The more i think about it, the more i look at the results, i have been botched. What i interpreted has " a surgeon is busy so it's normal she does not take that much time with me" turns out to be, she didn't care about my results. I thought that she left more tissue because she didn't wanted to take too much , which i agreed, but she just didn't knew how to deal with my inner labia that were really long. I feel betrayed. And now i remember that she was supposed to draw on me before hand to make me look at what she would be taking of and she put me on general Anesthesia before i could even see. I think that she rushed me , and did the procedure really quickly because she was in a hurry to finish her day because i was the last patient and she was more than an hour late. The more i think about it, she didn't event spent 15 minutes overall in pre-op with me. i thought that she didn't asked me questions about why i wanted to do this procedure because it's a personal one, but it was just because she didn't give a F***k. I am really mad at myself for trusting her, i should have interpreted the signs. Now i need to redo this procedure with an other surgeon, who will care for his patients, and pay again. I really advise you to not go with dre. Patricia Berbari. It's not because she is a female surgeon, and almost the only one in the area (gatineau-ottawa) that she understands your female concerns better. Invest in a surgeon who cares about your results, who cares about your happiness.

I was wondering if someone could recommend me a surgeon in the gatineau-ottawa-montreal area who does labiaplasty revision ? it would be really helpful, thank you so much.

SWITCH TO DR. HANI SINNO- MTL.

Hi everybody.
Since my results were far from being satisfying and i honestly was so depressed aboutit, I did a revision with Dr. Hani Sinno, a Montreal Surgeon. He was honestly amazing. So caring, so patient and compassionate. He took the time to explain me in details everything and answered all of my questions.
The surgery went well, and i'm already satisfied with the results for now, it looks definitely better than the first surgery (who left me with an unnatural looking anatomy) even one day post-op. I highly recommend this surgeon. And please, take time to do your research before choosing a surgeon and letting your body in a plastic surgeon's hands. You should really feel confident about him.
D. P. B