Getting Gastric Sleeve in Less Than Three Weeks!! Camden, NJ

Hello everyone! I am finally getting the gastric...

Hello everyone! I am finally getting the gastric sleeve procedure done on February 24, 2016 (in less than 3 weeks!!) Am I nervous? YES! However, I have one of the best bariatric surgeon in South Jersey. Dr. Mark Salcone of Lourdes Medical Associates in South Jersey is going to perform the procedure, so I am in good hands. Dr. Salcone also explained to me that with the gastric sleeve procedure, he will also repair my hiatal hernia! I am so excited and fired up to have this procedure done because it is going to get rid of my type 2 diabetes, severe obstructive sleep apnea, high blood pressure, severe osteoarthritis & high cholesterol.

Starting my liquid diet before my operation

Hello everyone! I start my liquid diet on February 10th to prepare my stomach for surgery. I found out that two ladies that goes to my Bible College have had gastric sleeve surgery & they are doing well. They will be supporting me on my weight loss journey. I have 4 sisters-in-Christ that have had the procedure & they are going to give me the support that I need. I will keep everyone posted.

Finally, I got my health insurance approval!!

Hello my Real Selfers!

I got a letter today from my health insurance. They approved me for my gastric sleeve gastrectomy procedure, thanks be to God!! My surgery date is on February 24th. I am nervous, but excited! All I can do was cry & thank the Lord for my approval. I have been suffering from weight issues for almost 18 years. I want to be healthy & strong again. I also loss 6 pounds. I went from 183 to 177. I have to do the full liquid diet to prepare my stomach. I will keep you all posted.

The time is getting close to my gastric sleeve surgery... in 3 days!

Good evening my Real Selfers!
Well, the time is getting very close for my gastrectomy procedure which is in 3 days (February 24, 2016.) I have lost 9 pounds & 12 ounces. I went from 183 pounds to 173 pounds & 4 ounces (9 lbs 12 oz loss). Getting things in order for. I am nervous, but exited. I am going to have my roommate take pictures of me from the front, back & sides of me. I want to keep it in my journal. Just keep me in prayer. :-)

The night before my surgery (very excited!)

Hello my Real Selfers!
Well, it's the night before my surgery. I am a bit nervous, but overall very excited. I am preoaring my suitcase for my stay. I picked up these two meds at the pharmacy that the surgeon ordered. They are ondansetron 4 mg tablets (for nausea & vomiting) & enoxaparin 40 mg/0.4 ml syringes (12 of them, for prevent blood clots.) I will keep you all posted on the day of the surgery. Keep me in prayer. Thanks.

Surgery day today... Yyyaaayyyy!!

Good godly Wednesday morning my Real Selfers!

Well, the day is here. I'm getting my surgery in less than 3 1/2 hours. The transportation service just picked me up at my house & I am at my way to the hospital. I am a little bit nervous, but very excited. Today is the day that my whole life as well as my health is going to change for the better. I have been having a weight issue for 18 years long. I thank God for the changes & the blessing that is going to come. It's time for me to leave my excess baggage of obesity & my imfirmity behind in Egypt & walk into the Promised Land. Thank you Jesus!! ????

Uuuuggghhhh..... The aftermath of surgery

I done did it my Real Selfers! I had my gastric sleeve surgery done today. I have been groggy & sleeping for most of the day. Other than that, I have been getting up to go to the bathroom & pee. I will keep you posted. At the meantime, I will rest. Have a blessed evening everyone!! ???

I'm going home today, yyyaaayyyy!!

I got discharged from the hospital today. The surgeon felt that the surgery went better than what he expected. Clear liquids for 2 days, then start my liquid diet on Sunday. Will keep you all posted.

Caught a bad allergic reaction with the girdle

Hello my Real Selfers!
I am doing better with the diet thing. However, the girdle thing that the hospital gave me to wear for the support of my incisions gave me a real bad allergic reaction from one side of my abdomen straigjt across to the other side of my abdomen, except on my back & on my incission areas. I wore it for two days only & I broke out with a very bad rash. The doctor gave me extra strength Benadryl cream & Benadryl tablets. I had to call my bariatric surgeon to let him know what was going on. He said not to use the device anymore. Bad itching & burning. Seeing a dermatologist next week.

I lost a total of 24 pounds!!! (YYYAAAYYYY!!)

Good afternoon my Real Selfers! It has been almost 4 weeks since I had my gastric sleeve surgical procedure (February 24, 2016). I was 183 pounds before my surgery. I lost 10 pounds three weeks before my surgery (including 2 weeks of a liquid diet to prepare my stomach & shrink my kidneys). Now I am 159 pounds!! I lost 17 pounds after the surgery! Also, my pants are starting to fit me very big. I went from a size 18 to a size 14. I have more energy & I go for walks an hour a day three days a week. Today I went swimming after 3 weeks of not going swimming because of the incisions. I feel great even though a few times I will feel chronic fatigue due to Fibromyalgia. I am also feeling less pain & pressure on my right knee that have severe osteoarthritis. I will keep you guys posted on my weight loss journey. I thank all of you for being supporting. God bless you all!

32 Pounds & counting

Good evening & Happy Mother's Day my Real Selfers! Well, it has been awhile that I have been here. I lost 32 pounds in total (10 pounds before surgery & 22 pounds after surgery). I had my surgery on February 24, 2016 & I haven't regret it NOT one bit! I went from a size 18 in clothes to a size 12/14. It has been tough, but I decided to dedicate myself in losing this weight & getting my life back. I also went back to karate almost 3 weeks ago, something that I didn't do in over 4 1/2 years. I am taking back what the devil stole from me 7 that is my health! Posting before & after pics.

38 pounds & still counting as well as getting my health back!

Good afternoon my Real Selfers!

I feel so blessed today. I went from 183 pounds to 145 pounds. Wend from a size 18W to a size 12/13 in clothes. Six weeks earlier after my bariatric surgeon gave me the green light of approval to go back to karate. On May 28th, I competed in my first karate tournament in 5 years! I came out first place in forms, first place in weapons & women's national champion in kumite (point sparring)! I did martial arts (Shotokan karate) for six years, earning my brown belt & was supposed to go for my black belt test, but I had left karate for over 4 1/2 years due to my health issues. The gastric sleeve surgery has been a major blessing with my health as well as praying to God for my healing. I have NO regrets whatsoever having this procedure done. I still have some issues with the osteoarthritis on my right knee as well as tendonitis on my right elbow but other than that, the weight loss has put less pressure on my knees and ankles. Slowly but surely, I am regaining my health & my life back.

I went from wearing a size 16-18W (2X) clothes to a size 9- 10 (medium) clothes!

Hello my Real Selfers! I am feeling beyond blessed! I went from wearing a size 16-18W (2X) clothes to a size 9- 10 (medium) clothes in 5 1/2 months since I had my gastric sleeve surgery on February 24, 2016. I have a new attitude on life & feeling stronger everyday. I have so much beautiful things going on with my life. I had a karate tournament 1 1/2 weeks ago. I competed at the 2016 PA Keystone State Games, winning first place in forms, weapons & point sparring. I am also graduating from Bible College in 1 1/2 weeks (August 20th). I thank God everyday for my healing as well as for my blessings. I will continue to keep you guys posted with my progress. Take care & God bless! <3

Feeling optimistic about my health :-)

Hello my Real Selfers!

I had a cramazing few weeks! I graduated from the New Jersey District School Of Ministry Bible college last week, looking & feeling great, despite a few aches & pains from fibromyalgia, but I feel that I am being healed in Jesus' name! Nothing is impossible with God! I have my good days & bad days, but feeling stronger. I am 46 pounds lighter since I did the surgery 6 months ago. I have 23 more pounds to go.
Dr. Mark Salcone

Dr. Mark Salcone is one of the best bariatric surgeons on South Jersey. He is affiliated with Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center in Camden. His office location is in Haddon Heights, NJ. Dr. Salcone specializes in minimally invasive bariatric procedures, as well as advanced gastrointestinal surgery of the foregut for both benign and malignant disease, laparoscopic and open approaches to ventral and inguinal hernias and benign and malignant disease of the colon and rectum.