28, Mommy to 1, Praying for a CHANGE! - Buffalo, NY

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

So, hi. Took me a while to decide to join this...

So, hi. Took me a while to decide to join this community but I feel like it's really beneficial / inspirational.

I was probably that girl in elementary school all the boys thought about because I was the first girl in the class in a bra. :-/ (that's not exciting). Growing up I was the only girl in my whole family, not only immediate, but extended, that has big breasts so no one could relate to my daily struggles of not being able to fit cute shirts, sweating so profusely under my breasts that I get occasional rashes, etc., I'm sure you understand.

Now at my age, and after having my first child I am realizing that a BR may be the best route to take to ease the pain and maybe improve my overall quality of life.

My consultation is scheduled for this Monday and I'm kind of lost at what to expect.

Consultation Today!

I've thought about this for YEARS. I chickened out four years ago when I thought about setting up a consultation. Funny, the PS still had my name on file.

I'm not sure what to expect. I just want to tell her everything I've been experiencing and hope that she will his me some thoughts/comments on what to expect. Reading through a lot of other women's reviews I saw that most insurance companies ask for a "pain paper trail", or the history of things you've tried to do to ease the pain before taking this step. This is what makes me nervous bc I haven't went to the doctor multiple times to complain of pain, I've just popped pills and hoped for the best. I'm about a 40G and my breast hang low and is causing me upper back and nerve pain. I'm really hoping this consultation is the first step to smaller breasts!

Have to Lose Some Lbs!

So the consultation went well. PS said I'm a great candidate for a reduction: however, I have to lose about 50lbs. She said that even when I do lose weight my breasts will still be unproportioned so I can still get the reduction. I'm still holding on to some baby weight and I have to let it go before I can move forward with the surgery. I'll keep you all posted on my journey to lose the weight. I'm more motivated than ever now!!!

New consultation! New surgeon!

After being told I needed to lose weight before I would qualify with my reduction by the first surgeon I was referred to, I decided to try something new. My gynecologist actually referred me to the surgeon she went to. I was almost going to overlook it being that the last surgeon met with me for 5 minutes and told me to come back but I followed through. He was completely different! Came in, introduced himself, looked at my breasts, took photos and told me all I needed to know about the surgery. Said I'll be a C cup!! ???????????????? ( I don't think I've ever been a C). He also said I'm sure I'll get approved and questioned me about when I am looking to get the procedure. I am so excited, as I felt like I would never even see this day. I know I still have a journey but it looks like things are going in the right direction! I will keep giving updates!!!!

Approval!

So today I got my approval letter from my insurance company!! OMG. This is like the best thing ever. Just TWO weeks after my consultation! Hoping this means the surgery is soon! Yayyyy!!

Surgery is scheduled!

5/10/17!! Today I set the appointment for my surgery!! It's probably an understatement to say this is a dream come true, I've been wanting a breast reduction forever and I kinda thought it'd never happen. I'm sooo glad I continued to move forward with the process, I'm so blessed for this opportunity! I just want to say if you're thinking about the surgery, just go and ahead and go for it. :-)

Surgery Day!!

The day is finally here! I have to be at the hospital in a few hours. I'm really excited. Can't believe I'll really have smaller boobies soon!