Asian Eyelid & Epicanthoplasty Surgery - Bryn Mawr, PA

I already had a crease from an older procedure...

I already had a crease from an older procedure (DST double sutures and twist) done 10 years ago but as I'm getting older, I've noticed my eyelid covering the crease more and making my lid space less noticeable. I began my extensive research on finding the best plastic surgeon to perform a full incisional eyelid surgery to make my eyes more open and bright and to make my eyelid more pronunced. Also, my eyes are slightly asymmetrical with my left eye being lower. In addition to the full incisional eyelid surgery, I was also interested in an Epicanthoplasty surgery to elongate my eyes and make them look more even. I live very close to NYC so I researched doctors in NYC and also saw Dr. Lee's name in many online reviews. I felt most comfortable with Dr. Lee because of his extensive knowledge and experience in this specific area of surgery. I didn't mind the long 2.5 hours drive to and from his office either. During my consultation, I felt so comfortable with him almost immediately because he listened to what I desired in results and was very honest about what we could achieved realistically. I always admire that quality in a doctor. I felt very much at ease and ready to choose him to perform my surgery. He and his staff were professional, knowledgable, discreet, friendly and made me feel so comfortable. Dr. Lee removed some fat and skin from my eyelids and repositioned my crease a little higher than my original. The epicanthoplasty was performed simultaneously. It went as smooth as it could possibly go and I went home to rest the same day.

My recovery process was as expected. Dr. Lee and his staff prepared me well in advance for what to expect as far as swelling and bruising and I was mentally prepared for the worst. The first 3-4 days were the toughest as that's when I experienced the most swelling. I didn't bruise at all but that's most likely because Dr. Lee took extra special care when operating on me to prevent bruising. I followed all of his instructions to a T and his staff were always quick to respond if I had a concern or question. They also checked up on me numerous times during my recovery process and I really appreciated that. A significant amount of swelling went down by the time I had my 10 days post op visit. It's so important to follow his instructions post op and I'm so glad I did. It's 6 months now and I definitely feel like this was a great investment and a huge improvement to my overall self esteem. I highly recommend Dr. Lee to anyone looking to have any work dome on their eyes. He is an artist and a true perfectionist!
Bryn Mawr Oculoplastic Surgeon