24 Year Old Female, Rhinoplasty - Brookfield, WI

I had a major septorhinoplasty done 5 years ago to...

I had a major septorhinoplasty done 5 years ago to repair blunt force trauma sustained as a child. It was affecting my breathing and sinuses so much that insurance completely covered the procedure. When the cast came off I was so thrilled with the results! My nose was perfect... Until I bumped it 2 weeks later. I now have a bump on the left side of my bridge. I am now beginning a journey to fix that bump and possibly have a little tip work done. My tip is slightly bulbous and slightly boxy. I wouldn't even be considering having another procedure of it weren't for that bump. However, since I'm getting the bump fixed, I might as well have the whole shebang!
I have a consultation scheduled for June 1st with Dr. Anand D. Patel in Brookfield, Wisconsin. I found him on this site and have so far liked everything I've learned about him in research. He has a lot of experience with rhinoplasty and is double board certified. I've not read one bad review about him. Not to mention there is not one before and after on his website that I did not like.
I have a couple big financial things coming up between now and next summer including a wedding and buying a house so when I have the procedure done will depend 100% on what price he quotes me at.
My fiancee is okay with me looking into the procedure but my parents aren't very understanding. My father would rather me spend the money on "a new baby". I don't plan to have kids for a long time so I shot that idea down immediately!
I want anyone reading this and considering the surgery to know my reasons for wanting it. I look at my face in the mirror, in pictures, in my reflection on car window etc. every single day. The only thing I see when I look at myself is the prominence and assymetry of my nose. I otherwise quite like my face and my body. I am Italian, and I'd never tell me father this, but I wish I didn't look SO much like him. I think a strong nose looks good on men and even some women if it is symmetrical and jives with their face. Mine however, does not do much for my other features and to me, it casts a shadow over my other, more delicate features.
I feel kind of selfish for wanting to do this for myself because there are other things I could put the money towards. However, I'm just about to finish my bachelor's degree, just got a promotion and am debt free with a decent savings built up. I feel like working full time, earning my degree and kicking ass in life these past few years has earned me a little reward.
When and if I have this surgery with depend 1. On how my fiancee feels about it and 2. On price. I'll have a lot more to update you guys on once I have the consultation.

Consultation Postponed

The surgeon's office called me this morning to reschedule my appointment from June 1st to June 8th. Apparently Dr. Patel has been called out of town. Dangiiiit!
It's not a big deal. In the scheme of everything, what's one extra week? I'm just so excited that an extra 7 days feels like forever to wait!

Surgery Booked!

I just got home from my consultation. Dr. Patel and his staff were very sweet and welcoming. Dr. Patel and I took photos, discussed my nose goals, then went over some photos he had altered to preview what my nose could realistically look like. He showed me options of what I could change in order to achieve a couple different looks which I liked. He will be lowering my profile to attain a more feminine look- sloping hopefully but not too severe of a slope. My nose tip is projected upwards and my nostrils are quite narrow and vertical so by projecting my tip downward, my nostrils will look better as well as help me breath more efficiently. He's also going to narrow the tip very slightly. He's going to have to break the bones of my bridge in order to narrow my nose. I figured this would be the case. However, I feel like I am in very capable hands!

By narrowing my bridge, there is a possibility he may need to use rib cartilage to make sure my nose doesn't indent too much where the bridge and the tip meet. If he decides during the procedure not to use these grafts, I'll be reimbursed for them. The cost of the rhinoplasty itself it about $4,300. With the surgery center and anesthesia my cost comes to about $6,700. I'm pretty satisfied with the cost because revision rhinoplasty tends to be more expensive but this is not a bad price at all.
My surgery date is 11/3 of this year. I am so excited! I will put in my PTO for work today as well as start arranging who will be chauffeuring me the day of surgery and the next day for my post-op appointment. I also have to break the news to my fiance and parents. I think the sooner I tell them I booked the surgery, the better. This will give them more time to get used to the idea and mentally prepare. My dad thinks it's unnecessary and a waste of money but I don't expect him to understand. My fiance is more concerned about the financial aspect of it, but I think he'll be supportive.

2 months before surgery and I need advice!

When I had my consultation in June I told my doctor what I wanted (in order of most importance to least) regarding my nose: symmetry, decrease in size, and femininity. He agreed that I have asymmetry due to my original trauma. He said he could bring my bridge down and further add symmetry by straightening and making some changes to my collumella and tip cartilage. He also gave me the option of deprojection and rotation of my tip. This is the part that made me think! He said if I bring my bridge down, my tip will appear more projected due to the contrast. I was born with a slightly "piggy" nose, but it wasn't a priority for me in regards to the rhinoplasty until he mentioned it. He said deprojection would help decrease nostril show from the front as well. The morph he made to demonstrate this to me looked fine from the front, but from the side it made my nose look less feminine and almost smushed down. Isn't a slightly projected and upwardly rotated tip associated with femininity? I am afraid that deprojection of the tip will not only make me look less feminine, but also make me look a lot less like me. However, I don't want to be too conservative and regret not going all out since this will be my last rhinoplasty.
Brookfield Facial Plastic Surgeon