47 Yrs Old and Thrilled in the UK with Lollipop Breast Lift- No Implants - Bristol, GB

I wanted to write a review firstly to thank...

I wanted to write a review firstly to thank everyone who has posted about their own experiences. It really helped me when I was researching about the procedure and wondering whether I was too old or too ridiculous to even be considering it. I also wanted to write a British review about my Surgeon Lisa and her team who have been totally fantastic.
I have never had 'pert' breasts and even as a teenager I failed the pencil test miserably when I could hold a deodorant can underneath my breasts. ( I am NOT joking!) I am 5 foot 3 and over the years I have weighed between 8 stones and 12 stones. This year I have made yet another effort to lose weight and weigh around 9stones 5 at present ( healthy BMI).
I have 2 grown up boys and breast fed them both. I don't regret this for a minute however this all left me with smallish toneless breasts which I would push into an underwired bra, tighten the straps and hope for the best.
I was inspired to think about a breast lift as a real option when my friend finally had long-awaited laser surgery on her face this year. I thought my husband would dismiss it but he knew I was self-conscious about my breasts and was supportive.
I found this website and began to learn about the different procedures and read the reviews. I also began to look for a surgeon. I liked the idea of a female and found Lisa Sacks website which was very professional. Lisa is also a sculptor which inspired me as I thought that must help with moulding and remodelling. I met Lisa for our first consultation and found her charming. She taped up my breasts to show me the possible result- and I was hooked! I was concerned about nipple sensitivity but weighed this up thoroughly before I proceeded, knowing there were no guarantees

Possible result with micropore tape

This is what convinced me to go for it.

I had my op on 11/11/15 and was very nervous the week beforehand. If I had not have paid upfront, I may have backed out.
I stayed with 2 friends the night before the operation which was lovely. I had to be at the hospital at 7am for a morning op and thankfully I was moved to be first. Lisa came to my room and marked up my breasts and before I knew it I was on my way to surgery

I've done it!

So....... had the op!!!
Woke up with no nausea, no pain and just a little drowsy so my 2 lovely friends chatted away and drank lattes by my bed. Lisa my surgeon visited later in the afternoon to ensure I was comfortable. I received a beautiful orchid with her compliments.
I stayed overnight in the Hospital and was looked after superbly by the Nursing staff. I didn't sleep that night mostly because of the contraptions on my legs to prevent blood clots and sleeping on my back. Pain was minimal- score 3 out of 10 and I was given regular paracetamol and ibuprofen. Once I was awake I began taking arnica pillules every hour and drank litres of delicious cold water.
Lisa visited again the following morning to put on my post-op bra. Dressings were left intact and I was to return in 1 week to see her to then have a shower proof dressing applied. During that week I was only to sit in the bath or shower my lower half

Resting for a week

I went home to my Mum and Dad who generously 'looked after' me for 6 days. I didn't have to do anything. Again, pain was minimal. I continued to take ibuprofen but more for the anti-inflammatory properties than for pain relief. I had to renew my supply of arnica because I continued to take them regularly to prevent bruising.
I am absolutely thrilled with the results and have to look at them continually just to make sure they are still there. As you can see, the scars are covered which actually is good for me as I'm a little squeamish.

Update at 10 days post surgery

I went back to see Lisa at 6 days and she removed the initial dressing but left the micropore tape intact. She then applied a shower proof dressing which I can get wet. The plan is to return to see her again in 2 weeks. The dressing will be removed and she will show me how to apply tape. She likes tape for 6 months.
I forgot to say that I am wearing my bra day and night for 3 months, then during the day for 3 more.
I am back at home now and back to normal everyday activities- just being careful not to lift any weight

14 days gone by

Feeling great and loving my new boobies

3 weeks post op

Dressings removed- sae scars briefly today before they were taped again. Pleasantly surprised!
Will take photos next week when I renew the tape.
Had 2 separate days with a little discomfort in left breast for a few hours. Just rested up and it soon resolved

Tape change at 4 weeks

Have had renewed tape on for 6 days so was due for a change. Wanted to take some scar pics to show you all before I renewed the tape.
Pretty pleased. Left nipple a little tender at the top with a very fine stitch visible. Rubbed a little nipple cream into the scars as they felt dry and then renewed the tape. The scars do look more gruesome from underneath- thankfully you don't see that angle too much
Will post again in a few weeks time

3 month update

So... coming up to 3 months and thought I would post some pics to keep you all up to date.
Back to normal now. Still wearing post surgery support bra by day, but needing the break overnight.
I have found that the micropore tape is quite irritating if worn permanently, so I have been taping sometimes then having a break. Scars are pretty good anyway.
I have lost a little fullness in the upper pole of the breast which makes my nipples look a little high I think!! But I am still thrilled with the results and would do it all over again.
Hope this is encouraging for anyone just starting to think about the procedure!
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

Lisa is professional but totally approachable and empathetic. She offers lifetime follow up care and all procedures (ALL- including dressing changes etc....) are performed by her. She is very patient to answer all questions thoroughly and does not try and brush over difficult issues such as nipple sensitivity. She describes herself as a 'dressmaker'. The whole team including Lianna, her Secretary are wonderful. A really positive experience .