Life-Changing Double Jaw Surgery & Reduction Genioplasty. Brisbane, AU

I'd hated my smile and my appearance since around...

I'd hated my smile and my appearance since around age 14. I had braces in my teenage years that corrected my bite, but my prognathic jaw, small mid-face and large chin were never addressed. I was always incredibly self-conscious about smiling and having my photo taken.

I approached orthodontist Dr Steven Scott in October 2013 as my teeth had moved because of a broken bonded retainer. He recommended jaw surgery and referred me to Dr Julian Hirst.

In July 2014 (aged 22) I had a Le Fort I, a Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy and a sliding genioplasty reduction. The surgery itself went smoothly, and while it is major surgery and there were certainly moments of great discomfort, I wouldn't change a thing.

To say that it was the best decision of my life would be a total understatement. I have never been happier with my appearance, and emotionally I've never felt so good - I really do feel like a changed person. I'm thrilled with my results and the care that I have received.

Before & After 13 Weeks Post-Op

Braces are off!

All done - braces came off yesterday morning just shy of 6 months post-op. So happy!

Profile View with braces removed

Brisbane Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Julian Hirst is the kind of person you wish every doctor could be. He has a gentle tact that made the whole process so much more relaxing. I never felt judged, or superficial, for not being happy with how I looked. The process was explained in enough detail to keep me informed without making me feel overwhelmed. I never felt like a nuisance, low-priority, or like my questions were irrelevant or a waste of time. Every call, text, or email was promptly responded too, even on weekends when I would never have expected a reply. Dr Hirst showed great compassion, patience and generosity before, during, and in the ongoing post-operative care. My results have gone above and beyond what I dreamt of and I believe speak volumes for his skill as a surgeon. His staff are friendly, helpful, and seem to run his clinics like clockwork. From memory, I waited three weeks or less for my initial consult, and I've never been hugely inconvenienced to make an appointment. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Hirst and his team to anyone - this is the person you go to for flawless care.