Breast Reduction - Bountiful, UT

Dr. Fairbanks has always been professional and was...

Dr. Fairbanks has always been professional and was highly recommended by Dan Chichester MD. I have suffered from severe neck and back pain, numbness in my hands, difficulty sleeping, etc. for more than 16 years. I've been "busty" since sixth grade, but after the birth of my first child I went from a C cup to a G cup. I am only 5'3" tall with a little frame. Kind of a classic example of why this type of surgery is needed. The surgery went well and I followed his instructions to the letter. That means wearing a compression bra and socks and tape for healing. I did not lift anything until Dr. Fairbanks said I could. I would urge the doctor and staff to let patients know ( really stress ) the "major" restrictions after surgery. I'm glad I waited until my children were older and that I no longer have a yard. If I had this surgery with young children to care for and a household to maintain, I would have been in big trouble. (Most husbands just are not going to be great with "holding down the fort" ) Probably would not have healed as well as I have. A minimum of one week is needed but I would have been about useless if I had gone back to work that soon. I took two weeks for recovery. I also had an issue with clothing because the compression bra showed with every single article of clothing I had. That might not seen like a big deal, but it caught me off guard and I had to buy a lot of new clothing to wear to work. Things like that are really important to women. It's always the little details. My only negative with the entire experience was the pre-approval process and that has absolutely nothing to do with Dr. Fairbanks ability and skill. If I hadn't personally been involved with my insurance carrier it would not have been approved on time. My paperwork was sent to the wrong department and responses were not made on time. ( Caused a denial twice) In addition my surgery was schedule at a hospital that was not a par provider. I kept informing the office that they weren't. Two days before my surgery, I spoke to a different person that was able to get everything scheduled in a hospital that participated with my plan. That was all very stressful and very frustrating. But we got there in the end. That being said, I know that billing insurance is a courtesy, not a requirement. All patients need to help move the process along. It just was frustrating that I knew more about what was going on than the office.
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Very professional. Highly recommended by other physicians. Skilled and caring. I felt that I was in very good hands, and I was. I would recommend Dr. Fairbanks and have done so to several people. He is an excellent surgeon with a wonderful " bedside" manner.