Ready to Tackle my 40s with a New Body!! - Boston, MA

I am 40 years old. 5' 7.5" currently 164lbs....

I am 40 years old. 5' 7.5" currently 164lbs. Starting weight was 235lbs. Goal weight before surgery 160lbs. My goal was always to have a normal BMI and be within my healthy weight range.
I'm a working mom (critical care nurse), devoted wife, care taker of an aging mom, and helper to a recently widowed sister and 2 kids.... So I am busy!!
I've managed to get back to the gym to better manage my life and stress level. It resulted in a 70 lb weight loss. My family has also changed their lifestyle and as a family we have lost over 200lbs!!!
Best part my 6 yr old son never has memory of my husband and I being over weight and unhealthy. He knows how important it is to feed your body proper nutrition and keep your body moving. It's all about balancing eat well and eating "fun" food that tastes great but doesn't help us grow. And it's good to chill out and relax but we also need to move and strengthen our body's daily.
Some days are better then other. The important part is to wake up everyday and just TRY!!
So NOW I've decided to do something for myself and have others take care. I'm scheduled for a Tummy Tuck in October. I may not need my muscles repair. The doctor is going to look at them when he is in there. Minimal lipo as well being done.
I am looking for any advice or suggestion you may have!!!!

8 weeks

I just realized I only have 8 weeks left until my surgery October 12! Should I be preparing my stuff now or wait, too soon?

Too early

I'm sure it's never too to get ready for surgery but when should i start? I've been reading and trying to make a list of things people have recommended but I have a small living space and don't want it hanging around too long before surgery.

I have less then a month away until my tummy tuck....

I have less then a month away until my tummy tuck. I have read tons of reviews and postings. I am very curious to see how my recovery goes.

I will have my husband home for the first 4 days but after that i am not sure who will be able to help me around. My Mother n law will help out with my 6 year old and he will be in school during the day. I am sure it will all work itself out. The doctor feels he may not even need to do a muscle repair. He will get a closer look during surgery. If not done that will be a smoother recovery. I am not sure how to cipher through all the recommendations of what to have before surgery. I do not have a lot of space so i really need to just have the essentials. Any thoughts? I would love to connect with anyone having it done around the same time, October 2016. Maybe we can support each other day by day.

Count down started

Friday I officially paid for the surgery so it's now official!!! I got to charge it so at least I will get points????

Any good low sodium snacks or meals I can get ready to have around for after surgery?

3 weeks away

I only have 21 days til the flat excited!!

Signed my consent And goT my preop info!

Enjoying one last time in my bathing suit....

Enjoying one last time in my bathing suit at the spa with my mom and sisters! No matter how much I lose (70lbs so far) I still hate my stomach. I can't wait to be proud of my body and all the hard work I have done.

Trying to clean up my diet...

Today I'm trying to clean up my diet!! It has been a tough 2 past months. I'm up 5lbs!! So now I'm 170lbs ????
I normally eat very clean with occasionally allowing a cheat meal and have done that for 2 1/2 years. 70lbs lost!
These past 2 months I have had a few health issues and family issues which has effected my diet.
My exercising routine hasn't been changed. I workout pretty regularly cardio and strength training 5-6X a week!
I'm hoping maybe I've gained some muscle but I'm pretty sure it's just fat!
Anyway.... Today I'm gonna try to just get back to my diet routine!!!

Count down continues

14 more days...
Getting supplies together

Took a pic of me in my new size 10 jeans! I don't think I've been in a size 10 since I was a preteen.

Keeping up my exercising

Getting my workout in...

Uploaded pic

This didn't upload before

10/3 workout

Did interval training on the bike!

Count down continues

8 more days!!!

10/4 workout

Keeping the workouts going.... I am definitely in the best shape of my life going into this!

One more week

Here are some pre op fotos in workout clothes

6 more days!!!

Here are some scary pics of me without my shirt. I wanted to take some pics so I can compare later. This is what my family and friends don't see and why I'm having this surgery.

Last laser hair treatment before surgery

Today was my last laser hair treatment before surgery in my bikini area. I have also been doing my legs.
I remembered someone previously mentioned they had it done before surgery and recommended doing it. It obviously cleans up the area and when the pubic skin area gets pulled up from the surgery the hair line won't be there.
This has been my 6th treatment. I plan to continue after surgery when I can.

Continuing my clean up

Got my hair colored and cut today??
Waxed my eyebrows and armpits too....OUCH!!

Mani and Pedi ??

Wow this looks terrible

Just wanted to do a few more before shots so I have something to compare to.

Last workout

I'm not sure I'm gonna have time in morning to squeeze in a workout. so today might be might last workout for weeks!!
I am a little worried about not being able to workout at all. It has been such a great stress reliever for me. I'm hoping I get cleared sooner then later to get back to it.
I'm also sad that I'm probably my fittest and have made such great strides in the gym with strength training and cardio, I hate to lose that.
I know!!!! It's worth it!!

I just need to be patient...!!

One more day!!

T minus 12 hours til I go to hospital

I ran around today finishing things up. I managed to get a massage for 90 mins!!!! I think I'm done and ready!
My mother n law picked up my 6yr old son for a 2 day sleep over, love her.
My husband is coming with me tomorrow and will work from home for the rest of the week.
My sister will help entertain my son with nieces this weekend.
I can't wait to see or I should say NOT to see my pouch!!

I am not nervous I just can't wait for my "happy juice" to go to sleep and take a nice nap!

I tried to post this yesterday

I took some pics of my set up. Can u tell I am a planner and like to be prepared and organized. Oh I'm also a nurse :-)

Rest of fotos

Forgot to add these

T minus 2 hours 15 mins but whose counting...

I can't sleep I'm so excited!!! I am surprisingly so not nervous about having the surgery. I'm sure being a recovery nurse myself has something to do with it.
I am just thinking about the fact that I hope
My expectations of what I want done are able to be done.

I may post on more time before I go in but if I don't.. see you on the FLAT SIDE!!!

I'm just waiting for my alarm to go off

I thought I would post my before and after pics so you can see how far I've come with my weight loss. Since March I've lost another 5lbs and 3% body fat. Shirts M/L and pants more 10 then 12.

14 minutes to go!

I made it!!! I did great. I was in OR for 3 1/2 hours. In recovery for 2 1/2.
They did great with my nausea meds. My motion sickness comings and goes but over manageable.
Pain feels like I did a killer Ab workout. Very sore but again manageable.
Did I mention my husband is amazing!! Well he is. Very supported and attentive.
I'll do pics soon

Postop day 1

Honestly not too bad! The pain is more of a bad ache feeling.
I only have 1 JP drain. Not really draining much. I've been stripping it often To make sure it doesn't clot off.
Not much of an appetite but getting in the water and a few high protein snacks.
Peeing could be better. I feel like I'm not completely emptying but it's getting better and better.
My mother n law stopped the am with my son so he could see me. I miss him.!

Post op day 2

Well it does hurt a little more today. I'm trying to stay on top of my dilaudid and Tylenol. I can't wait to take Motrin!
I just had my husband to put an icy hot pad on my back... thank god it's awesome!!
I don't have much of an appetite. I am making sure I have healthy high protein snacks.
The peeing thing is not back to normal yet. I feel I'm not completely emptying.
I can't wait to take off my binder!!

Relaxing outside

Very nice out here Boston. Trying to get fresh air.

First postop pics

Shower day!!

Wow taking a shower wasn't too bad. Day 3 is much better. I'm sore but manageable.

2nd shower-- postop day 4

I took a shower all by myself. I just needed some help putting on binder.
Overall I feel good. I'm really sore during the night and when I first get up but it gets better as I move along.
I have only 1 more pain pill left so I'm saving it for when it's really bad.
I've had no BM. I've taken everything so far so hopefully soon. I am passing gas so that's a good sign.
My appetite is still not the best. I am making sure I eat well and high protein. Not sure if tight binder makes me feel full quickly or always slightly nauseous from meds.
I'm actually standing pretty straight. Not sure if I should be or keep leaning forward. My back aches when I do, like I mentioned before icy hot pads help a lot with that

First walk

So I went for my first walk around the block X2. I was definitely sore at the end. Only took Tylenol for pain.
I'm going on 3 days no BM getting worried! I go everyday!

Post op day 5

TMI---- BM ?

Today's much better. I'm all alone today and I'm gonna be just fine.

Just on Tylenol. Can take binder on/off myself. Shower and dress myself. Slowly by the way but still by myself.

Gonna go for a walk soon.

I'm just a little nauseated. I have motion sickness and not sure if related to that.

I'm gonna try to sleep in my bed tonight. I'm tired of recliner.

Luckily it's super nice out and I'm sitting outside for a bit. I am not a tv watcher or reader. Bored of both.
I took some pics today. My stomach is super hard and swollen.
Belly button looks gross.

Post op day 5

Pics that I couldn't load up before

I can stand 90% straight already which helps with my back.

I walked outside for awhile too. Going out again soon.

Post op day 6

Pain is fine! I'm trying to stay on Tylenol for overall discomfort. I have a love hate relationship with the binder!! It helps with support which helps with pain control but so tight!!
Last night I took my 3rd shower by myself. Husband at standby just in case.
Hot water on back then icyhot pad still has kept my back pain in check.

BM---- no words!!!! I've done tons of water, miralax, colace, duclolax tabs and only on pain meds for 4 days. I did have first BM yesterday am.
I thought I gave birth this morning to a new baby boy. I know tmi but it's true. I say a baby boy because a girl would of been easier to pass.

Incision looks great and belly button looks gross but both without drainage.

1 JP putting out less then 15cc in 24 hours. Hoping to get out this Friday.

Walked again outside today 24 mins. Felt like a snail but I didn't want to push it.

I slept in my bed last night for the first time!!!!! I do have a bed railing on side to help grip and elevation pillows for head and legs. I still woke up often but was nice to be with husband In my room.

I hope my recovery stays on track!

Post op #7

So overall better.
I just feel like I'm in a fog. Not because of meds, I haven't had narcotics in days. But I think from not working out and sitting all day. I had vertigo in the past and laying down or watching too much tv would aggravate it, i thinks that's what's going on.
Few questions for people ahead of me:
- should i try to wear the binder as tight as possible all the time. I know i need it on for 3 more weeks but should I keep it super tight?
-I can't really stand for too long without it bothering me but foR some reason slow walking is ok. I've been doing .5-.8 in 28 mins for a few days. I then really take it easy for the rest of the day. Should i not be doing that?

Tonight's going to be my 3rd night sleeping in my bed, thank goodness!!!!
I skipped my shower but I've taken one every night since day 3.
Walking up stairs is no problem which has been a blessing.

Post op 9

Going to md appt! Hopefully I get drain out today. Wish me luck????

I'm moving around better. Only taking Tylenol 3x a day for pain.

I'll take pics later!

Postop #9 doctors visit

Okay so my first visit went well. My drain came out. I had less then 15cc for awhile and it was yellowish drainage. It actually didn't hurt at all. He put a bandaids on it. He left my steristrips alone and said let them fall off on own. I'm going back in 2 weeks so he will take off then if still on. He did clean out my belly button with qtip and said I could do that every once and while.
I've been able to shower since post op
Day #3 and showered most nights. Padded areas dry.
He had marked my binder initially after surgery to help me guide how tight it should be. It of course had stretched and he remarked. Wow its tight!!!!
I have a love/hate relationship with the binder. I feel better with it on but hate that tight feeling.
I can walk pretty straight 95% depending how tired I am. He said that is fine as long as I don't feel pulling on incision.
I told him I was walking .5-8 miles and he told me to cut back. He really couldn't stress enough how critical this time was for the skin that was pulled up to have proper time to develop new connective tissue to the muscles. When we over do it we can increase our swelling and fluid build up, a seroma can occur. He said I can do 10 min increments at a time, several times a day.
I moving around in and out of the recliner not problem. I can sit with my legs crossed. I've slept in bed (I have head and feet foam pads) for days now.
It's just hard to stand up in place for a long period of time.
After postop day #4 I've basically been able to take care of myself. My husband had to go back to working in the office and my
Mother n law helped with my sons after school stuff.
Well that's how it's going so far!!!
Dr Bartlett

The office has been great so far. The price is reasonable for this area.