You Will Love Dr. Darrow and Staff !!!!!! - Boston, MA

I had a consultation with a Dr. in Wellesley who...

I had a consultation with a Dr. in Wellesley who wouldn't even look at some pictures that I brought of lipo I like and don't like. My 2nd consultation was in Boston with a very arrogant Dr. who I won't name. Not only was he arrogant, but made me wait over an hour,in a cold room, in a johnny without even an apology . I'm a very laid back person, so I don't mind waiting, but it would have been nice if a secretary offered a magazine!
And then I remembered Dr. Darrow because he did a TT on me 10 yrs. ago and did an amazing job. I was not charged a consultation fee because I had work done by him before. He even remembered me. I'm usually not late to appointments, but was over an hour late due to traffic and parking. I almost blew off the appointment , but HELEN the amazing office coordinator told me to come in anyway. Dr. Darrow could not have been nicer. He listened to all my concerns, looked at all my pictures and spents lots of time with me even though I was SO late!!!!!!
I wanted a second consult because this is a lot of money for me and I wanted to bring more pix of lipo that I like and don't like.
Day of surgery. I again brought a ( realistic ) picture for him to look at. He marked my body, and off we went!
Ok, it has been 2 days since lipo to flanks, abs and upper back. I'm very swollen , but I can tell the shape will look great. For some reason, I thought a c-section and TT were much worse. My advice ?...Pay the extra $450 and STAY the night! The nurses Jill and Danielle were wonderful. I could not imagine going home the same day. I was bleeding like crazy ( read up it's normal and you will heal faster). They have you on moniters, fluids, etc. The nurses even stayed past their scheduled time to discuss patients needs.!
That evening Dr. Darrow came in to check on me. The whole experience was top notch!

4 days post

Forgive me if I have any spelling mistakes as I was pretty out of it when I wrote the review.
Well, I am 4 days post and stopped taking the percs or tylenol. The best way I can describe it is I feel like I got kicked with boots all over!
I only take the binder off when I take a quick shower.
My waist looks better, but the part where I really wanted the most work, (the area that is the most sore) was where the lower back meets the butt. (I had origially wanted a bbl, but then decided I wanted something called a B-more lift that Dr. Rodriquez in Baltimore does) it shapes everything better. It's only 4 days post, but that area looks the bigger! I'm not going to stress yet....

6 days Post

Swelling is better. I do take an extra strength tylenol, once or twice a day.
My waist looks much better as do upper back. I can't wait to see how I look when the swelling goes down.
Feeling a bit lightheaded today, but I didn't eat much yet.
Itchiness is bearable, thanks goodness...because you can't scratch inside your body! LOL.

One week post today.

I did a few errands yesterday, nothing major, and was completely wiped out by 8pm .
I have been eating normally --less salty stuff though and drinking lots of water and pure juices.
Still very swollen...especially last night where I felt like a tree trunk. Last night was hard because it felt like I had rubber bands squishing me and I hadn't gone to the bathroom in weeks. I did go of just felt like that.
I weighed myself just out of curiousity and weigh the same...but of course this is not to lose weight,... I have no idea how much fat was taken out. I did this because whenever I get too thin, It doesn't look good. I lose in my face, and butt and my middle is my problem. I cannot wait to get back to working out and seeing the final results..

12 days post

I saw my Dr. at 9 days post. He said everthing looks great. I'm still swollen and asked what % he thinks I'm still swollen. He said about 15%. I was hoping more like 50 %.!

I weigh exactly what I weighed the day in. I think he said he took about 2 or 3 lbs of fat and when all said and done, I should be 5 lbs less . I'm pretty stable, and keep my weight at the same place.
The binder he gave me is thick, so it's hard to hide. (It wraps around so you can adjust it. ) He said I can wear spanks, but when I'm swollen it cuts me, and I still swell especially later on.

I hope I will look ok on the end of the week as I have a going away party.
This was much harder than I realized!

2 weeks post lipo and feeling sad.

Yesterday was 2 weeks post. I took my measurements for the first time and my waist was 1/2 bigger, but belly was 1 1/2 inch smaller first thing in the morning. I did this to look curvier. Still get very swollen later as the day goes on.
I am supposed to wear the second garment (spanks) ...for 12 hours a day for the next 2 weeks. after a while when I swell, they cut into my skin...:(
Boston Plastic Surgeon

Once you meet him, you will realize he is the surgeon for you!