Facial Feminization, but Still Me! - Boston, MA

Dr. Spiegel changed my life. As an MTF...

Dr. Spiegel changed my life. As an MTF transgender trial lawyer living in the south, I needed to look natural and "passable" as possible. While society is changing more and more every day, not everyone has changed with it. If I have a juror that suspects that I was born a different gender than I present as, it complicates my life and my practice. I had done a lot of research prior to choosing Dr. Spiegel. Many doctors will perform dramatic changes in order to maximize the apparent effect of the feminization, but I found those doctor's work to look a little unnatural. I chose Dr. Spiegel after looking at thousands of FFS results. I believed that Dr. Spiegel is a master at finding what parts of the face can be changed to maximize a feminine appearance, but at the same time not take dramatic steps that could look unnatural. Dr. Spiegel was able to make subtle changes that completely changed everyone I meet's perception of me for the better. I still have tell-tale features that my family has, but those features are softened in such a way that it is tough for people to see the man that I was before. I have never been "clocked" - and in fact, have had a few people not believe me when I told them that I was transgender. This surgery is what made the difference between me living a life of discrimination, and one of me living my authentic self. Now, my problems are associated with me being a woman, and not associated with me being a transgender woman. Dr. Spiegel is more expensive than some of the alternatives, but the expense is completely worth it. Our faces are what define us to the world (even if we would like it not to be so).
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Even though Dr. Spiegel is a surgical rockstar, he manages to keep the surgery ego that would normally come with that status in check. He gave me the attention that I needed, and was sensitive to my needs and interest in such a vulnerable time. I had a surgical complication that revealed itself 6 months after surgery. Dr. Spiegel and his staff took the time to make sure that I was okay and I had the medication and care I needed to take care of my problem. The problem was resolved. The only reason that there is not five stars on every category is that I would have preferred to have more time with Dr. Spiegel. There was also a very minor mix up regarding payment. These concerns were resolved, and were relatively minor in the grand scheme of the surgery and what was done for me.