Breast Cancer Survivor age 50 - Boston, MA

Breast Cancer Survivor age 50 - Boston, MA

After learning and processing the devastating news that I had stage 3 breast cancer, I started reading about treatment and reconstruction options. After my modified radical mastectomy, I needed chemo and radiation treatment. This made me a candidate for delayed reconstruction. Now I had time to heal and consult with Dr. Samuel Lin about a DIEP flap procedure. Dr. Lin's practice was not close to my home. I had a number of local plastic surgeons recommended to me, but none who where able to perform the microsurgery that he could. Being athletic and wanting to continue to be active, I was confident the DIEP flap procedure was the right choice for me. It justified traveling out of town for my care. I wanted to not only be whole again after loosing a breast, but I figured, why not even look better than before my cancer diagnosis? I am very pleased with the results! It was not an easy journey, but I would do it again.

July 2016

Dr. Samuel Lin is very experienced, caring surgeon who gave me great results. He has excellent bedside manner; he is very empathetic and is a good listener. He took time to review options with me and explain the steps and expectations of surgery. I would definitely recommend him!