14 Yr Old Saline Sub-muscular Implants - Want Them Out!

I have had my implants for almost 14 years and...

I have had my implants for almost 14 years and have decided I no longer want them. I always planned on getting them replaced after having kids, but have decided to explant for health reasons. I haven't felt great for about 2 years now and have strange symptoms and never attributed them to my implants until now. I have one child and breastfed for almost 2 years. I think the implants still look good but I am done with them and want to go back to my natural self. I was about an A cup before implants and hope I can at least be close to that afterwards, though I weigh less now than I did when I got them. It has helped me a lot to read other women's stories on here and I hope to pay it forward with my story. Lots of love to all you ladies.

Almost 3 weeks until removal!

I'm trying not to think about the upcoming surgery too much because I don't want to be worrying about it. My biggest concern is being under general anesthesia for a few hours. I was told the surgery will take 3-3.5 hours to complete since I am having the capsules removed. The PS said she gets out as much as she can (I am not having en bloc though she does perform them). Since my implants are saline I don't think it's necessary to do the en bloc but I know there are mixed opinions on that. I'm also worried about having muscle spasms after and wondering how long it will be before I can safely pick up my 3 yr old. I just want this all to be behind me so I can hopefully get back to better health and start trying for a second child. Did any of you ladies conceive after getting implants removed and if so, how long did you wait before trying? The PS said I should wait at least 6 months for my breasts to heal up, and that I may have problems breastfeeding in the future if scar tissue builds up! That I was not prepared to hear but I guess it's a possible risk of removing the capsule. Who knew? Had I known all of the things at 22 that I know now, I never would have gotten these put in. It's such a shame that we were all misinformed, but we can only go forward and hopefully save other women from making the same mistake. Our health isn't worth having bigger breasts.

Three weeks until explant day!

I have been having anxiety thinking about going under general anesthesia and then drains and pain. :(. I ordered two Champion zip front sports bras online which will hopefully be a good size. I don't know what they will give me in the hospital so I'm playing it safe. Also, trying to figure out what vitamins and supplements, if any, I should purchase for after surgery. I will be on antibiotics for a full week so I'm wondering now about probiotics. I've also been trying to put on a few more pounds but it's hard to do that while eating healthy. I hadn't thought too much about what I will look like after but that's starting to worry me now too. Will the scars heal quickly? Will the holes from the drains be gross and leave scars? I am so grossed out by the thought of the drains. I'm worried I will faint or vomit when I see them. Just feeling a little overwhelmed and scared. I also want to make sure I stay healthy before the surgery so I'm not going to be heading out for any social events. Is that extreme?
This is my venting session for the week, thanks for listening. :)

Pre-Op appt tomorrow!

My pre-op appt is tomorrow and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I still am unclear as to whether or not I have to meet with an anesthesiologist before the surgery. The hospital called me a few days ago and I couldn't talk at the time and they never called back! I tried calling them a few times but only got to preregister.
On another note, I purchased some front zip bras and will be returning the Champion bras to target. I found some Jockey front zip bras online and these look and feel much more comfortable. The size small will be too tight around the ribs so I am keeping the medium and large as both of those look like they will work. I also got some great advice about some other bras and may purchase those after if these don't work.
I took some photos today of my boobs and I am looking forward to becoming my natural self again. Also hoping some of these health issues will go away soon after removing them. I am still fatigued and actually felt very dizzy last night just sitting down scrolling through my phone. Could have been dehydration but who knows. I would love to stop obsessing and not have so much anxiety about the surgery. Sometimes I feel like crying just thinking about it, and it has nothing to do with my bust size going down. I am truly terrified of the recovery after getting the capsules removed. Can't wait to be free of these toxic bags that are dragging me down!

Pics I forgot to add!

Pictures

Pre-Op was today!

The appointment went well. My PS said the surgery will take around 3 hours! That seems like a super long time. She will be removing the capsules en bloc style most likely and will get as much of the capsule out as she can. She said if there is any capsule left that she can't safely remove, she will scrape the inside layer of it where the silicone implant shell was touching. She did say that my upper pole area looks like it will stay fuller, but my implants have "bottomed out" some so there will be some looser skin under the nipples on the lower part of the breasts. She doesn't think I will end up needing a lift. She also said future breastfeeding issues could arise as a result of the surgery. I'm really hoping I don't end up with a lot of saggy skin underneath (though I did breastfeed for almost 2 years) but that is the least of my worries. I'm just wishing for a smooth and successful surgery that ends well. Does anyone think that 3 hours is a long time?

Day before surgery!!!

I am freaking out. I have been keeping myself busy all day cleaning the house and doing laundry. I just got the call from the hospital that I need to be there at 6:30am and the surgery is at 8:30am. This is good because it gives me less time to freak out about it. My anxiety level is at an all time high and I just hope I can sleep tonight. It's about an hour drive to the hospital and I will be showering in the morning so that means I have to get up at around 4:30am!
I hope to get to bed early and sleep well before this. Things on my mind causing the anxiety are: GA and intubation, drains, and the fact that it's a 3 hour long surgery. I hope they can give me something for anxiety there. I also have a piercing I need to remove tonight and that may be a challenge, as I have never been able to take it out. I haven't eaten much today due to nerves, but I've been trying to drink more water than usual, as I tend to wake up so thirsty and I won't be able to drink or eat anything after midnight. So that's it right now, I'm about to go clean the floors and hopefully keep my mind off of everything.

They are OUT!

Hello,
The surgery went well and took just over 2 hours. My PS said (from what I can remember) that the capsules came out easily except for in one small area. I believe she did en bloc but I will get more info tomorrow at my post-op appt.
I'm in a little bit of pain underneath where the incisions are, but the most pain honestly is at the top of my throat from the intubation. It is raw and feels like I have bad strep throat! Hopefully this will be better soon because I'm trying to drink a lot of fluids, mainly water, and every sip hurts. I also have a little chest congestion now that I didn't have going in. I will post more tomorrow and hopefully with pictures. Not much to see right now except for the drains and I do look extremely flat under the corset they put me in. I will try to post pictures if I can get any tomorrow. Thank you all for your support and love. :)

First post-op visit

Hello,
I am feeling OK except for my sore throat from the intubation. Under my breasts hurts where the incisions are. My PS didn't end up taking them out "en bloc" because the capsules were very very thin. She got most of the capsules out and only a little bit was sticking to my chest wall that she wasn't able to remove. She said the fluid inside the implants was clear and the valves were intact. I don't have any pictures yet to post because I have to leave the corset on until Monday at my next post-op visit. I will say that I look flatter than I did before I got the implants put in. I know they are squished right now but it's not looking to promising. Hopefully after time they will fluff out abbot, but I don't want to get my expectations too high. I did breastfeed for almost 2 years and I weighed about 15 lbs more when I got implants so those two things may have something to do with it.

Feeling stiffer today

I think I got a bit more sleep last night than the night before. My husband is out doing a grocery run and picking up a stool softener for me since that hasn't happened for a few days now. I tried prune Juice but probably should have warmed it up to get its full benefits. The drains are showing a little blood still, some is clotted, and also some yellowish fluid. Sorry if that's too gross to write about, I'm just trying to be thorough. I tried milking the drains like my PS did yesterday but it doesn't seem to be working when I try to. Feeling a lot stiffer today than yesterday and perhaps I overdid it yesterday by not sitting down enough to rest. I have been on the couch for most of the day today. I am feeling a little woozy at times and I don't know if it's the GA in my system still or the Vicodin. I am also on an antibiotic for a week. I had some pineapple yesterday and today. I also had some dandelion root tea last night. I don't know when I will start my Omega 3s again and then also add in CoQ10 that I purchased. Did any of you ladies start any supplements after surgery, and if so, how long did you wait to start taking them?
Thanks :)