Ongoing Review. Will Update As I Heal. Late 40's Liposculpture Plus Fat Injections - Colombia, CO

This is my "pay it forward" review. I benefited...

This is my "pay it forward" review. I benefited from reviews in this site and it made sense to do the same. It' is an on going review. I will only draw a conclusion and let you know if it was worth it after six months or so, since I understand it is when you should see a final result. Nevertheless, I will post a mid-review after one month when I understand you can see the results. I did took pictures to share, some very unglamorous ones to give you a "real" look at the process, but realself warns you that once posted they can't be removed. I'm sorry, but I don't know that I want my pictures here indefinitely, you never know!
I won't be answering PM, only public questions. Thanks.
A few caveats:
- Don't assume you'll be up and running a few days after the surgery. Everyone reacts differently and much depends on how much fat was extracted, where it was extracted from and if you combined the surgery with other procedures (i.e. breast implants). So bottom line, this review will give you an idea of what to expect but don't assume it will be your experience.
- Don't compare yourself to others after the surgery. Again, everyone's experience is different and there are many variables to consider.
- It is not a glamorous process. There will be many hygienic towels involved wrapped around your body, diaper times, and many uncomfortable times.
- If you are a prude, this is not for you. You'll be naked many times in front of many different people, in different positions, while not looking your best.
- The price I quote above is using a conversion of 2950 pesos to a dollar. It includes the "pain bomb and blocks" (pain reduction options), 20 massages after the procedure, one night at the hospital, insurance, medicines and other misc. you'll need, such adjustments to your girdles. It does not include nurses, staying at the Chateau Spa after the procedure or hyperbaric sessions.
- I did have a nurse for 4.5 days and stayed at the Chateau 4 nights. I also had 5 Hyperbaric chamber sessions, and I would not do it differently if I had to do it again!
- I was in Colombia months before the procedure and I'll stay for at least 4 months after the procedure. So a lot of what I say does not apply to international patients that can't stay long after the procedure.
THE SURGERY
So far so good. I did not have any complications. Dr. Hoyos is very kind, and he has great bedside manner. I also deal with his support staff which includes another doctor, a resident and nurses. The staff at Dr. Hoyos' office has been supportive and responsive. The staff at the Chateau (spa, hotel and restaurant) were fabulous and my nurse was great, I don't know how people manage without a nurse the first few days!
A.) 11 days after the procedure: I don't really see the results yet. Things aren't looking quite in its place yet and a couple of hardened areas worry me, also I don't have full sensitivity in a number of areas in my back and gluteal area. I am told all is normal. I had my first follow up appointment with a doctor that works with Dr. Hoyos as he was traveling, I got a diuretic to deal with my swollen body (normal). My second follow up appointment was with Dr. Hoyos, it seems all is going according to plan; I felt a little bit rushed, but it may be that I was not prepared because they do ask you of any concerns. Next appointment I'll have a list ready.
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

I will write a mid review at one month and a final review at six months post op.